Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Anna Wintour bans babies, toddlers from any future NYFW runway shows

She's probably ranting at the nannies.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    Bravo to Anna Wintour for not letting a spoiled baby ruin future fashion shows! (Although she did encourage the Kimye egos by putting them on the cover of Vogue.) Kim looks embarrassed in that picture.
    She's not even 2 yet, I don't think you can blame the kid for her behaviour. She probably is spoiled, but I don't think that's the reason she plays up when loud music and flashing lights announce the series of hideously dressed stick insects parading in front of her. I can't imagine many babies would sit there quietly in those circumstances.
    firebrat1229 likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

i wonder if the Beckham's are included in this ban?

Would Harper still be considered a toddler?

Harper is beyond the toddler stage so she is now a "little girl". So, in the fashion industry "fair game" to being called fat, unattractive, etc. Mommy lives eating disorders and abnormal body image as her career, it's now fair game and accepted to freely pass this on to the little girl! Ugh. Becks, you better damn protect your little adored by you princess.

Elite Member

Yes Annie, i also worry about Nicole Richie's daughter, Harlow. What goes through her mind when she sees Nicole, who has similar problems to Victoria B?

I don't think Harper should be banned. The worst thing she does is pick her nose, and she even looks cute doing that. Plus we can look at Becks being adorable with her. Its obvious Victoria & Becks are pretty hands on with their children.

As for poor little Nori, I think the loud music, lights, and being held and surrounded by people she barely knew traumatized her. Kim didn't look like she
    had a frakken clue, while her idiot husband sat there grinning like a fool.... also without a clue. Idiots.
    darksithbunny, rollo and Mrs P like this.

I think the ban on toddlers is meant to keep kanye out.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I think the ban on toddlers is meant to keep kanye out.
    Has anybody ever brought a toddler to a fashion show? Who would do that? (Other than Kanye)

ETA: I see the Beckham's did it when Harper was the same age, I guess they just got lucky that she didn't make a lot of noise.

And when my kids made noise somewhere when it was not appropriate I ran out the back with them at the first peep.
    Last edited by llamamama; March 4th, 2015 at 01:41 PM.
    Bluebonnet, Syd and Mrs P like this.

Cim can't run. She can only waddle. Besides, she doesn't want the paps to catch her with a howling baby.

Babies don't belong there, it doesn't matter if it's harper or nori. This is all just part of our narcissism culture. My parents would no more have thought to bring their children to a fashion show than they would have hauled us off to a cocktail party. The phrase "cocktail party" dates me right there, of course. My childhood dates from that ancient era when grownups actually got dressed up in grownup clothes and went to grownup events without their children. That was the same era when being a parent was an important part of one's life but not an all-consuming career path (or a way to get attention for oneself).
    sluce, czb, Cinnamon*Girl and 17 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Preach it sista!
    spinmonkey likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Everyone else knows babies don't belong there but Cim has a little fashion accessory to show off and she's hoping for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Babies don't belong there, it doesn't matter if it's harper or nori. This is all just part of our narcissism culture. My parents would no more have thought to bring their children to a fashion show than they would have hauled us off to a cocktail party. The phrase "cocktail party" dates me right there, of course. My childhood dates from that ancient era when grownups actually got dressed up in grownup clothes and went to grownup events without their children. That was the same era when being a parent was an important part of one's life but not an all-consuming career path (or a way to get attention for oneself).
    ^^^ Yeah....all of this^^^^^
    firebrat1229 and spinmonkey like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

So is it OK to take Nori to Paris Fashion Week? (Assuming that is her.)

I also think it's different because the Beckham's (as far as I know) only brought Harper to her VB's show, not multiple shows. Not that I think it is an appropriate place for kids in general, but I can semi excuse bringing the kids to their parents show. Plus, Nori flipped at one show, why bring her to the next? Kim and Kanye have no common sense.
    sluce, BelledeJour, Mrs P and 2 others like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information