Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Ann Curry Will Be Fired As Co-Host of the Today Show Because Everybody Hates Her

*hopes that ann curry fan gurl comes back*
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I actually like Ann well enough for the news desk, she seems nice. She does come across as goofy and unsuited to interviews, though.

I also like Matt Lauer and think he's pretty dang sexy, but he does have that asshat, arrogant vibe (which, sadly, could be part of the attraction). I always got the feeling that he hated Katie, even though I've read that's not true. He seemed to like Meredith for whatever reason. Maybe she pandered to his ego.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

It's my understanding that he and Katie were/and are still are close. He liked Meredith a lot too.
    Last edited by sluce; June 21st, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I am pretty sure he wishes Katie was back!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Ann Curry: 'Am I not good enough?'

Ann Curry: 'Am I not good enough?'
    By Cindy Clark, USA TODAY

Amidst reports that Ann Curry is soon to be ousted from her gig on NBC's Today show, Ladies Home Journal has published an interview with the morning show host. Curry opens up in their August issue (out July 10) about her job, her critics and staying true to herself.

On the Today show vs Good Morning America ratings war: "It's hard not to take it personally. You worry, Am I not good enough? Am I not what people need? Am I asking the right questions? When people say negative things or speculate, you can't help but feel hurt. I know NBC pays my salary but I have never doubted who I work for. I think about the people who watch. They're the ones who matter to me. I want to feel I haven't dropped the ball when it comes to them."

What she'd change about herself: "I don't always understand my worth. I think it's a chronic condition for women. I'm not talking about professionally. I'm talking about in our personal lives. We constantly punish ourselves with degrading thoughts when we look at ourselves in the mirror. We allow people to treat us poorly, we allow our husbands or boyfriends to get away with things or we have relationships with girlfriends or colleagues who don't treat us well. We don't defend ourselves as we would our own children. Women have demanded and gotten better jobs and more power. But the one thing we deserve is a better relationship with ourselves. We waste too much time beating ourselves up. I think at my age of 55, it's time to stop doing that."

Where she sees herself in five, 10 years from now: "I've been at Today for 15 years and I'd love to make it to 20. I think eventually I want to become a teacher, like my father wanted to be, and hopefully positively influence the next generation."

What she loves about TV news: "I'm in this business because I want to have a life of value. For me that means giving people information that can give them a better life."
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

fgg

no way she said all of that without stumbling through it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Her talents as a journalist aside, it's insane to me that this woman is 55 years old. She looks barely 35.
    sluce and Callalily like this.

It's funny but the person I know has not replied to my email yet but I did speak with their parent who said xxxxx had a very stressful night. Now they sent me the link to the article above and this one. Guess this explains the stressful night....

NBC Contingency Plans Are Not Needed as Ann Curry Reports to Work at 'Today' - NYTimes.com

NBC Contingency Plans Are Not Needed as Ann Curry Reports to Work at ‘Today’

By BRIAN STELTER

21 Jun 12 Reply

For a couple of hours on Wednesday, as Ann Curry’s negotiations to leave the “Today” show were first reported publicly, NBC News officials believed that she would not be coming into work Thursday morning, according to people at the network who were not authorized to speak on the record.

The show’s producers had tapped the co-host Hoda Kotb of the fourth hour of “Today” to fill in for her and told the staff to expect Ms. Kotb there, the people at the network said.

But Ms. Curry did, in fact, co-host “Today” on Thursday. And thus began a new round of speculation in the television business about her future on the top-rated morning show.

Earlier

NBC Prepares to Replace Ann Curry

NBC executives are said to be making a plan to replace Ann Curry only a year after she became the co-host of the morning show.
    Read more»

Ms. Curry and her co-host, Matt Lauer, made no mention of the wave of media reports the day before, but they didn’t go out of their way to refute them, either. Their smiles were muted and their chitchat was kept to a minimum.

“Good morning,” Ms. Curry said to begin the broadcast. “From hot to hotter. You thought yesterday was a scorcher? In many places in the East today, it’s going to get even hotter.”

A few minutes later, Ms. Curry wrote “Good morning” to her 1.2 million followers on Twitter — a mid-show message that she hadn’t sent in more than a month. Dozens of her fans replied with affectionate messages and said they hoped that she wouldn’t leave “Today.” Within an hour, her name was a Twitter trend in the United States. She did not reply to any of the messages.

On Wednesday afternoon, The New York Times reported that NBC executives were making preparations to replace Ms. Curry on “Today,” potentially as soon as next week. It is unclear whether she has accepted their proposals to move into a different job at the network news division.

At the time the story was published online, it appeared likely that Ms. Curry would not appear on Thursday’s show. The show’s producers looked to Ms. Kotb, who was in Nashville and about to board a previously scheduled flight back to New York. When she landed in New York, she found out that the plans had changed: Ms. Curry would be co-hosting after all.

An NBC spokeswoman declined to comment.

NBC has not picked a replacement for Ms. Curry on “Today,” so any move to fill her seat, even temporarily, would surely be scrutinized by people inside and outside NBC for signs of the network’s plans. By picking Ms. Kotb to fill in on Wednesday, the producers of “Today” may have been trying to protect Savannah Guthrie (the woman most often mentioned as a replacement) from possible backlash from Ms. Curry’s fans.

Ms. Kotb and the show’s news anchor, Natalie Morales, are also mentioned as potential replacements by some people at NBC. Ms. Guthrie is the show’s 9 a.m. host and the network news division’s legal correspondent; she popped up during the first few minutes of “Today” on Thursday to discuss the Jerry Sandusky trial.

The uncertainty has cast a shadow over “Today,” which is in a battle for first place with ABC’s “Good Morning America.” Employees of both shows awoke on Thursday to a banner headline on the cover of the New York Daily News that read, “ANN’S CANNED.”

Some employees at “Good Morning America,” also speaking on condition of anonymity, said Thursday that they felt sympathy for Ms. Curry. Referring to her decision to come to work despite the media reports about her, a producer said, “I think that goes to the kind of person she is — a good person.”

mjw
    Elite Member

Ann seems like a nice person and I wish her well. Interesting she was the only female on the show not rumored to be fucking Matt. The Today Show can't blame Ann for all the problems facing the show. Start reporting actual news -instead of the Kardashians, Octomom, and Duggar pregnancy number???? and maybe you will start being respected again.

Never understood the hype about Katie Couric.

6/21/2012 10:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF.

'Today Show' Meredith Vieira REJECTS NBC Offer to Replace Ann

Exclusive

NBC secretly offered Meredith Vieira a big contract to replace Ann Curry on the "Today" show ... but she turned them down.

Sources connected with the network tell TMZ ... the offer was made approximately two weeks ago but Meredith wasn't interested in returning to the show she anchored for 6 years.

TMZ broke the story back in April ... Ann Curry was on her way out, partly because NBC was unhappy with her performance, partly because the ratings started to suck, and partly because Matt Lauer didn't like working with her.

As we reported, when Matt re-signed with "Today," he made it clear he wanted a new co-anchor, but NBC delayed making an immediate change because the network didn't want to make it look like a big foot on Matt's part.

From what we're hearing, Ann could be 86'd within a matter of weeks.

As for who will replace Ann, network sources say the frontrunner is Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the third hour of "Today."
    Meredith Vieira Turned Down NBC Offer to Replace Ann Curry On 'Today' | TMZ.com

I kinda doubted Meredith would come back since she just left last year to be with her husband, who has MS.

I like Savannah Guthrie well enough, but if they're going to replace Ann, I hope they choose someone besides her. I think they need to hire outside the house to get ratings back up, because frankly, they don't have anyone likable enough on there to do the job, imo.
    Callalily likes this.

^^I agree that hiring a lesser known fresh face could be the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Ann seems like a nice person and I wish her well. Interesting she was the only female on the show not rumored to be fucking Matt. The Today Show can't blame Ann for all the problems facing the show. Start reporting actual news -instead of the Kardashians, Octomom, and Duggar pregnancy number???? and maybe you will start being respected again.
    You can thank Comcast for that. They bought NBC and also own E and many other Reality TV TRASH networks. They use the Today Show to promote their own trashy shows.

ugh, Savannah Guthrie has no upper lip, and i'm just a bitch when i say that will be the reason i won't like her.

i love Natalie Morales. Wish she'd get the job.
    sluce and KrisNine like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^I want to see Natalie get it just to push Matt's wife over the edge. No other reason.

I do feel a bit bad for Ann. She sucks as an anchor yes, but didn't suck AS MUCH at the news desk. Just too many 'good mornings' sometimes. And other shit. But now that she talks about it, it must be very hard to deal w/the negative bullshit on such a national level. Going soft I know. I think I need a good bitch slapping.

I really liked Meredith. THERE, I said it.

I feel the same way Lynnie. I have no doubt that Ann is a wonderful person and I liked when she gave the news. Co-anchor is not her thing. She has no sense of personal space and it makes me crazy. I hope she will get a nice role doing some reporting.

Savannah's absence of an upper lip bothers me too.

I don't believe there was anything between Matt and Natalie. I do not believe Matt has been faithful but not with Natalie.
    Last edited by sluce; June 21st, 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    ^^I want to see Natalie get it just to push Matt's wife over the edge. No other reason.

I do feel a bit bad for Ann. She sucks as an anchor yes, but didn't suck AS MUCH at the news desk. Just too many 'good mornings' sometimes. And other shit. But now that she talks about it, it must be very hard to deal w/the negative bullshit on such a national level. Going soft I know. I think I need a good bitch slapping.

I really liked Meredith. THERE, I said it.
    Natalie as anchor would literally shake that anchor desk.

I like Ann - just not sitting next to Matt.

I recall past shows where all her co workers spoke about how generous and genuinely caring Ann is, and that she does good work for world causes. They seemed to truly admire her spirit.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information