Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Ann Curry Will Be Fired As Co-Host of the Today Show Because Everybody Hates Her

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    he thinks that chick from HLN's Morning Express, Robin Meade or something--would work well w/Matt. He thinks they need some livening up.
    I think HLN's Robin Meade is a one-woman show there, and probably likes it that way. She also gets free rein to promote her CDs (she's a part-time country singer, I think), and even say which stores they are in. To bring her over, not only would they have to offer her a lot of money, but they would have to give her more leverage than Ann ever dreamed of having. Matt would have a fit over that.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think HLN's Robin Meade is a one-woman show there, and probably likes it that way. She also gets free rein to promote her CDs (she's a part-time country singer, I think), and even say which stores they are in. To bring her over, not only would they have to offer her a lot of money, but they would have to give her more leverage than Ann ever dreamed of having. Matt would have a fit over that.
    I HATE how she pushes her country shit. GAHHH. But she is damn perky!

I HATE how she pushes her country shit. GAHHH. But she is damn perky!
    "Good morning, Sunshine!"

Robin Meade is gorgeous and perky, but mellow. When I'm running around fixing breakfast, it's usually the first thing I turn to. Natasha Curry is adorable and seems like she has been pregnant even longer than Jessica Simpson.

I think my favorite is Jennifer Westhoven - I love her personality, sense of humor, and her looks. I think she would be the best person from HLN to pair up with someone like Matt Lauer. She has a great financial reporting background, and she seems really good at rolling with whatever anchor she has been paired up with at the time - including Curry, Meade, and Clark Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    As much as we may hate to admit it, the public still wants to see the female counter part as less serious than Matt. They want the female to compliment him but not overshadow him.
    Barf.

I believe it, but it makes bile rise.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    "Good morning, Sunshine!"

Robin Meade is gorgeous and perky, but mellow. When I'm running around fixing breakfast, it's usually the first thing I turn to. Natasha Curry is adorable and seems like she has been pregnant even longer than Jessica Simpson.

I think my favorite is Jennifer Westhoven - I love her personality, sense of humor, and her looks. I think she would be the best person from HLN to pair up with someone like Matt Lauer. She has a great financial reporting background, and she seems really good at rolling with whatever anchor she has been paired up with at the time - including Curry, Meade, and Clark Howard.
    My husband is in love with Natasha Curry--and you are so right about the pregnancy thing. Everytime I see her I cannot believe she is still pregnant. And I like Jennifer too.

Will be interesting to see who they chose to replace Ann. Rumor around the web (and obviously this may be a goof) is Kathie Lee. Which would be a sure fire way of completely killing the show. I'd run off to Good Morning America and never look back.

fgg

she's so strong when discussing legal issues but takes a total dive the rest of the time.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Rumor around the web (and obviously this may be a goof) is Kathie Lee. Which would be a sure fire way of completely killing the show. I'd run off to Good Morning America and never look back.
    Please, no!

She would be even more awkward than Ann in an interview - I can just imagine her asking some high ranking official how his dead wife is doing. She doesn't need a wider platform to get drunk and spout off about Frank and the kids.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Barf.

I believe it, but it makes bile rise.
    The irony to me was that when Lauer was brought on the today show, I basically dismissed him as an earnest pretty boy brought in to complement Katie Couric. Now, he's somehow the one with gravitas.

My mom thought that Tom Brokaw was another lightweight when he joined Today (I think to complement Jane Pauley). She was like "Who is this guy? He can't even pronounce half the words he's supposed to say."

My husband is in love with Natasha Curry--and you are so right about the pregnancy thing. Everytime I see her I cannot believe she is still pregnant. And I like Jennifer too.

Will be interesting to see who they chose to replace Ann. Rumor around the web (and obviously this may be a goof) is Kathie Lee. Which would be a sure fire way of completely killing the show. I'd run off to Good Morning America and never look back.
    Natasha Curry is a living doll, but I'm in love with Westhoven (smart, funny, good-looking, over 40).

I don't think Lauer would want anyone who is either a threat (too smart, and will overshadow him), or be over the top (like Kathie Lee). At the same time, he acknowledges that they need ratings and fast. So, he might be willing to compromise more than he usually would if the new co-host could bring in lots of new viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    While The Today Show is pruning, they should take the time to cut that lushy hack Kathie Lee off. She's a menace.
    Agreed!

I actually like Hoda Kotb...just not with Kathie Lee. I also used to really like Paula Zahn.

Something else to think about...

Ann may terrible as the co-host but is apparantly and very nice person and well loved by many on the staff at Today. Ann blames Matt for this (not her performance of course) and this is dividing some in the Today family. Ann and Al are best friends IRL. Al is getting stuck in the middle. He knows rating must rebound and get stronger or his position is in jeopardy too, but he feels some loyalty to Ann.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

fgg

ann blames matt that she sucks and can't even read the telepromter? take ownership of your suckiness!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Something else to think about...

Ann may terrible as the co-host but is apparantly and very nice person and well loved by many on the staff at Today. Ann blames Matt for this (not her performance of course) and this is dividing some in the Today family. Ann and Al are best friends IRL. Al is getting stuck in the middle. He knows rating must rebound and get stronger or his position is in jeopardy too, but he feels some loyalty to Ann.
    I have no idea why I am so keenly interested in this, but I am.

It's nice to know that Al is as nice as he seems. And I can see him being loyal to Ann--I believe he was also loyal to Katie too? Or was it Meredith? Regardless, its nice to hear, yet hope he doesn't get caught up in it all.

Regardless, its nice to hear, yet hope he doesn't get caught up in it all.
    I'm sure that finely aged hottie he's married to (Deborah Roberts) helps him keep a cool head....

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ann blames matt that she sucks and can't even read the telepromter? take ownership of your suckiness!
    I believe it's more that she feels she would have performed better if Matt had been more supportive and that she would have been given more time to settle in if he was not trying to get her ousted.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information