Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Ann Curry Will Be Fired As Co-Host of the Today Show Because Everybody Hates Her

I actually like Ann. Savannah bugs me for some reason... her hair, her mouth. I think she's awkward.

Once again, Ann was a disaster this morning. She interviewed both Carole King and Mariska Hargitay! I detest the way she drops her voice to a mere whisper to evoke some kind of deep connection to the subject. Mariska was getting a bit emotional toward the end of her interview, speaking about how blessed she feels to have her children. The timing was poor as Mariska's segment needed to be cut short to go to commercial, so Ann just stuck her stupid hand in Mariska's face to try to end it and at the same time to offer up some fake empathy as Mariska was clearly choked up. I can't believe I watched it just like a train wreck, I couldn't turn away.
    nana51 likes this.

Bronze Member

i always liked ann as a reporter and felt like she'd more than earned the spot as host. i don't think it's gone well for her though and even wonder how much she likes the job. she seemed more comfortable reporting about famine and war. some of her past work has been phenomenal and truly inspiring to the point where the move to host almost seems like a step down in retrospect. i realize it came with a lot of benefits and prestige.

on another note, i think someone told savannah to sit up straight this morning!

i'm not a fan of david gregory, matt's fill in this morning. every single time i see him i miss tim russert.

I remember seeing this and thinking, "Oh, she's a little bit creepy.".
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Hit By Ban Bus!

Fired yet?
    sluce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lulu09 View Post
    i always liked ann as a reporter and felt like she'd more than earned the spot as host. i don't think it's gone well for her though and even wonder how much she likes the job. she seemed more comfortable reporting about famine and war. some of her past work has been phenomenal and truly inspiring to the point where the move to host almost seems like a step down in retrospect. i realize it came with a lot of benefits and prestige.

100% agree with you. I think her past in-depth recorded pieces are very good. She is not good doing live interviews at all.

I was surprised when they gave her the host spot after Meredith left - only because I thought she was more valuable elsewhere.
    lulu09 likes this.

i'm not a fan of david gregory, matt's fill in this morning. every single time i see him i miss tim russert.
    I miss the hell outta Tim Russert! He would have LOVED this past US Presidental Election. I can only imagine how awesome it could have been. RIP Timmy baby.
    lulu09 and nana51 like this.

fgg

you guys are on crack. she's always been horrible.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I miss the hell outta Tim Russert! He would have LOVED this past US Presidental Election. I can only imagine how awesome it could have been. RIP Timmy baby.
    Tim's kid, Luke, is doing a credible job on MSNBC. As he gains more experience, you can see him getting more and more confident.
    LynnieD and lulu09 like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Tim's kid, Luke, is doing a credible job on MSNBC. As he gains more experience, you can see him getting more and more confident.
    I agree---thought he'd be far worse, but he's done a pretty good job. I get a little sad everytime I see him though....just makes me miss his Dad.
    Brookie and lulu09 like this.

Surely the Jolie-Pitts can make a phone call to NBC and see to it that their favorite interviewer will not be fired and get anything she wants in her contract.

Bronze Member

tamryn hall sure has been getting a lot more air time. wonder if something's up with that?

The nicest thing I can say about Ann Curry is that she is on vacation this week.
    BITTER and nana51 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^
    A permanent one, I hope.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The nicest thing I can say about Ann Curry is that she is on vacation this week.
    me too!

tamryn hall sure has been getting a lot more air time. wonder if something's up with that?
    it seems like they are trying different people out while ann's on "vacation". they can't have another co-host mishap so they better choose wisely this time.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information