Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Ann Curry Will Be Fired As Co-Host of the Today Show Because Everybody Hates Her

Matt's a complete tool. I love the "Today" show, but I can't stand watching him.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

"In fact, reporter Joe Hagan writes, her fate at the top-rated NBC morning talk show was, in a way, sealed from the get-go because of the obvious lack of chemistry between her and co-host Matt Lauer."

Translation: Ann didn't want to fuck Lauer.
    Brookie likes this.

Ann Curry Called Last Months at Today "Torture," Staff Loved "Making Fun" of Her

Celebrity News
    April 18, 2013 AT 11:00AM
    By Justin Ravitz

Ann Curry looks sad during her last month at the Today Show
    Credit: Ilya S. Savenok/Getty

Studio 1A was a very unhappy -- and unfriendly -- place for Ann Curry in her final, embattled year at the TODAY Show. Media reporter Brian Stelter sheds surprising new light on Curry's infamously messy June 2012 exit from the NBC morning show in his book Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV, excerpted Thursday online in the New York Times Magazine. (Curry, 56, started with TODAY back in 1997, but ascended to the co-anchor chair in June 2011 after Meredith Vieira's voluntary exit.)

"A lot of time in the control room was spent making fun of Ann's outfit choices or just generally messing with her," one staff person told Stelter. According to the same staffer, back in spring 2012, employees openly mocked Curry's bright yellow dress worn during one broadcast -- photoshopping a picture of Big Bird next to Curry, asking the team to vote, "Who Wore it Best?" The Us Weekly-inspired joke was posted in the control room.

Even the show's executive producer, Jim Bell, supposedly took to teasing Curry. Stetler reports that Bell "commissioned a blooper reel of Curry's worst on-air mistakes." Another unnamed producer claimed that Bell once called staff members into his office to show a mistake Curry made while talking on-air with a local station. (Bell denied both incidents.) Prior to Curry's teary June 2012 send-off, several boxes of her personal belongings went missing from her office and "ended up in a coat closet, as if she had already been booted off the premises," Stetler writes.

Indeed, sources told Stelter that Bell, concerned about the show's ratings and Curry's iffy chemistry with co-anchor Matt Lauer, personally concocted a plan to remove Curry from the show and replace her with Savannah Guthrie. The plan, one source told Stelter, was called "Operation Bambi," after one colleague likened firing Curry to "killing Bambi." (Bell also denied using the term "Operation Bambi.")

Since her on-air exit, Curry has been "lying low" at her family home in New Canaan, Conn., sometimes waking "before dawn as if she were about to go on air," Stelter writes. "Some mornings, she cried as she read e-mail and Twitter messages from fans."

And Curry remains "profoundly hurt and humiliated" by her dismissal and the taunts of show producers and colleagues. "She told friends that her final months were a form of professional torture," Stelter writes.
    Read more: Ann Curry Called Last Months at Today "Torture," Staff Loved "Making Fun" of Her - UsMagazine.com
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

It's one thing to not like someone - it's another thing to publicly humiliate them. This shit's unnecessary. I worked at a job once where my new employers (I'd been there a whole week) wanted me to assist them in forcing someone to quit by putting the screws to her (I didn't even know this person or what evil she had wrought at this place, and I not-so-politely declined the request). They didn't want to have to fire her to prevent her from collecting unemployment. Her life there was miserable and she eventually left and sued the place. I worked there for a month and couldn't wrap my brain around their lack of business ethics (there were other things besides this).

Don't want someone working for you? Do the right thing - let them go with dignity.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I wouldn't put much faith in anything Brian Stelter says.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

What are people at the Today Show...12 y/o? She wasn't my favorite there but that's no way to treat anyone.And these are respectable journalists. They almost make Fox morning show look good.

fgg

Is Ann Curry writing a tell-all?

Following her departure from NBC in January, Ann Curry is working on a book.

The news anchor tearfully said goodbye in a controversial public firing from the “Today” show in 2012 (which many pinned on co-host Matt Lauer), and left two years later after 25 years with the network.

A source at the time told Page Six that Curry had been “unhappy for a long time because she’s basically doing nothing, while NBC is unhappy that she has been paid a lot of money to do nothing.” Her salary following the fallout was reportedly up to $12 million a year.

NBC News said that she was moving on to develop her own media startup backed by NBCUniversal, which would allow her to produce content for a number of platforms, including for them.

No word on what Curry’s book will be about, but we’re told her nondisclosure agreement with NBC doesn’t prevent her from talking about her feelings about events that have already been in the news.

Curry has been back on NBC since January to cover the Iran nuclear talks.

Is Ann Curry writing a tell-all? | Page Six

the picture they used of her is horrible, LOL! makeup fail.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread Information