Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Ann Curry Will Be Fired As Co-Host of the Today Show Because Everybody Hates Her

Link to her goodbye - TODAY Video Player

I've always liked her on her other assignments, but agree anchoring is not for her. Too bad this played out so publically - she is not going to get that huge lovely farewell with past clips etc. Holy Heck - she's been on for 15 years and this is what she gets? Maybe they aired more at the end of the show, but I'm working and not watching.

How much of a humanitarian can can you be as an anchor? I hope this will allow her to really broaden her scope - I've said it before, I think she thrives on foreign "human interest" stories.

I wonder what NBC will do if the ratings continue to decline for Today after Ann is gone?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Ann Curry is 55????

Syd

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Ann Curry is 55????
    No shit! For me, that was the only surprising part of this whole clusterfuck.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

I didn't really like her for this show anyway, but I've never really understood Matt Lauer's pissy attitude about her, either. Is she the only co-star that's never fucked him? Is that why she was pushed out?
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I have been told that Matt likes Ann and it is all about business. The ratings dropped once she took over the cohost slot. The focus groups show she is a driving factor in the drop. I am sure we have all worked with someone we like on a personal level but we realize they are not good at their job/it is not the right fit for them.
    nana51 likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Her goodbye speech made me cry.

^me too and they played it over and over (here, on the radio).

mjw
    Elite Member

Thursday, June 28th 2012
    Ann Curry Says Goodbye To Today, Calls Matt Lauer "Glib"

Ann Curry announced on Today this morning the news we've all known for weeks: NBC did her dirty by pushing her out as co-host after just a year on the job. As Ann announced that today is her last day as co-host, she choked on Matt Lauer's smugness and cried, because she had to be a professional and resist the tempting urge to strangle him in front of the cameras. Ann said that she's staying at the network and will travel the world covering serious news stories for NBC News and Today. Ann said that she loves the viewers, will miss the viewers, especially loves the crew and hopes that Matt drowns in a pool of his own shit. Okay, Ann didn't say that last part, but I'm pretty sure I saw that line sitting at the tip of her tongue, waiting to fly.
    Ann ended her BYE BITCHES speech by saying, "For all of you, who saw me as a groundbreaker, I'm sorry I couldn't carry the ball over the finish line, but I did try." Then Matt, Al Roker and Natalie Morales took turns telling their favorite Ann stories from the past 14 years. It felt like I was watching a memorial service with bright lightning. Ann isn't DEAD! I don't even know why Ann cried unless she was crying warm tears of happiness. Ann is getting millions of dollars in her exit settlement, doesn't have to look at Matt's baby ostrich head anymore and no longer has to go to bed when Jeopardy! comes on TV. Ann is the real winner here.
    The most awkward part was when Ann hugged Al, hugged Natalie and didn't even try to hug Matt. We all know that feeling. Sometimes you don't hug a bitch you hate, because you're afraid that your arms will take over and squeeze that trick until their internal organs pour of their mouth. Then you'll do a dance on that bitch's insides. Ann probably felt that would be a little much for morning television.
    Ann also gave an interview to USA Today last night where she said that she knew she was going to get fired and is sad to go, because the Today co-host job has been her dream job. Ann also said that the leaks about her firing have "hurt her deeply" and she doesn't blame herself for why Today's ratings are dropping. When asked about Matt, Ann said this:
    "Obviously he's considered the golden boy of morning television. He's so good when you sit next to him; it's hard not to be helped by that. He's funny and glib, and he knows how the show works. It's been my honor in this last year to sit next to him."
    GLIB!!! That tickling sensation Matt feels in his ears is from Tommy Girl loudly cackling in the distance. And with that subtle shade, Ann wins again. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, assholes, goodbye!
    Posted by: Michael K

Ann Curry Says Goodbye To Today, Calls Matt Lauer "Glib" | Dlisted

There is also a video at the link.
    darksithbunny likes this.

It was really sad to watch. I think everyone felt awful, but it sounds like her new gig is much more fun.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Matt totally has a baby ostrich head. That's exactly what he looks like.

And, NBC is stupid for not picking Natalie. She is exactly what the show needs. Smart, well spoken, pretty, perky and everyone (except Matt's wife) seems to like her.

Is Savannah official? Taking over tomorrow?

^^So true!!! hahahaha
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    And, NBC is stupid for not picking Natalie. She is exactly what the show needs. Smart, well spoken, pretty, perky and everyone (except Matt's wife) seems to like her.
    completely agree. amy robach or tamron hall would have been good choices too.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Why did Amy leave? I know very little about the weekend anchors.

fgg

i think she got a position on another network.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Thread Information