Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Ann Curry Will Be Fired As Co-Host of the Today Show Because Everybody Hates Her

I just feel like there are more elements at play here than simply a viewer disconnect with Ann, and that she's taking the fall for a decline which isn't completely her fault.
    Sasha, mjw and lulu09 like this.

fgg

so what do you think the decline in ratings is primarily attributable to? the only major change i've seen from when they were ratings leaders is the co-host.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I wonder if some of the ratings shift as of late hasn't more to do with wanting to watch the competition rather than not wanting to watch TDS. There's been a lot going on at Good Morning America lately with Robin Roberts and I'm sure people have been tuning in for that. I know TDS has lost over the last year, but I'm not sure if all of that it b/c of Ann. They've turned into an entertainment show in a lot of ways with their fawning all over the Kardashians and all that other vapid nonsense.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

They have spent a great deal of money on surveys and focus groups. Each came right back to Ann being the problem. They drilled down to find out exactly what about Ann did not resonate with viewers. It came back that they did not like her interview style, her disregard for the personal space of others, her dress style and even her voice. They hired coaches to help her address these issues. The numbers did not turn around. Ann is well liked and respected at NBC. This is just not the right job for her.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ah, well, if they've narrowed the problem and tried to fix it and can't, I guess there's nothing for it. I just feel bad for her and don't see her as that awful, but honestly, I only see about 30 minutes of TDS before I have to leave, so I don't get the full measure. Working in that kind of environment where even your friends will have to cut you loose because they can't risk their own bankability must be demoralizing. That's true in every job, I know, but very acute and public with hers.

^ I agree. I could never work in that world. She does well on assignments and does a great job of shining light on causes all over the world. It's the connecting on a lighter level that doesn't work for her.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I LOVE Michael K!

Dlisted | Be Very Afraid

Sunday, June 24th 2012
    Hoda Kotb Might Get Ann Curry's Job

Ann Curry is pretty much out as co-host of Today and NBC will move her into a fancier role as foreign correspondent any day now. Everybody knows this now, but nobody knows who will get to inhale huge amounts of musky smugness while sitting next to Matt Lauer. Many have said that Matt will set next to a boiled, bland rutabaga who goes by the name of Savannah Guthrie, but Radar says that isn't happening. NBC has put several replacement possibilities in front of focus groups and they weren't feeling it for Savannah. But they were feeling it for Kathie Lee Gifford's partner in morning time drunkery Hoda Kotb. They all burp up hearts for Hoda and they think she should be pried away from Kathie Lee's pinot-stained claws to host the first two hours of Today. A source put it like this:

"Hoda scores off the charts in focus groups, and the audience can relate to her.

Hoda has a hard news background but is extremely comfortable discussing pop culture issues. She just has a warmth that viewers find comforting. She was very public with her breast cancer battle, and allowed cameras to follow her during her cancer treatments on Today. Hoda is a team player, and is so well liked by everyone at the show, most importantly, Matt Lauer. They have a very easy rapport and mutual respect.

The problem with Savannah is that in focus groups, she just doesn't score as high as Hoda does. NBC has been conducting focus groups to assist the network executives in determining who should replace Ann. Savannah is an extremely talented journalist, and she is extremely bright, but she only recently joined Today and viewers just aren't as comfortable with her."

I've always liked Hoda, because she's the patient friend who will calmly listen to the drunk ramblings of ridiculousness that pour out of your booze hole. Every drunk bitch needs a friend like that and Kathie Lee has hers in Hoda. That's why they can't tear Hoda and Kathie Lee apart. They belong together like gin and juice, like drunks and disco fries, like cooking wine and Shasta (don't act like you've never put those two together when you're out of wine coolers)...

What is Kathie Lee's drunk ass going to do without Hoda there to keep her in check? Kathie Lee's just going to sit at that table, licking on a bottle of a wine, because she's already so drunk that she forgot how to open one and is just going to lick through the glass to get to the delicious sweet nectar. Actually, that's some shit I want to see. HIRE HODA!

Syd

who is the man in the middle of that pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post
    who is the man in the middle of that pic?
    ROFL, that would be Hoda Kotb as Princess Eugenie.

I dislike Ann and I'm glad she's going. I guess dislike isn't the right word. She is fine doing other stuff, but her too earnest lean-in approach to interviewing annoys me. I feel bad, but this is a business, not the school playground. I never really like Meredith either. I liked Katie, her charisma with Matt and Al was great. i think Hoda might be able to do it. I remember wondering why she left serious journalism to do the show with Kathie Lee. Most people probably forget she was ever a serious journalist.

I keep swithcing to any other channel in the morning rather then wtch Ann and Matt.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

I feel like Rex the Dinosaur in Toy Story (#1) when he says 'Now I feel GUILT!'

Gosh, I feel bad for Ann, she isn't a bad person, just not the best for the co-anchoring job. I think its a shitty way to let her go (so publicly) but its not a good fit for her. So ultimately I do think its the right way to go for the show. But Hoda???? Jury's out on that one....and I reserve the right to hate her guts or love her or not give a shit either way. It's a crap shoot!

Just wondering what Natalie will be thinking of Hoda gets it....and gee, wonder if Amy Robach is thinking leaving was not the best career choice now too. But she may have known right?

GAH WHY AM I SO INTERESTED IN THIS??????

Savannah Guthrie Will Replace Ann Curry | Dlisted

Tuesday, June 26th 2012 Savannah Guthrie Will Replace Ann Curry

It's not going to be Hoda Kotb or Meredith V or my personal choice Willard Scott. Savannah Guthrie will sit on the co-anchor chair that will have a revenge fart from Ann Curry on it. Savannah's the one all the way to the right who's giving that dried green paint some competition in the no personality contest.
    TMZ says that Savannah's deal to be Today's new co-host is signed, sealed and awaiting delivery. Today isn't announcing her as the new co-host until they wrap shit up with Ann Curry. Ann has two years left on her $30 million 3-year contract and she wants the full $20 million to go away. NBC has offered her $10 million and a job as a foreign correspondent for NBC News, but Ann is shaking her head no to that shit deal. Ann is fucking done professionally with NBC and wants to leave the network for good. Ann wants her $20 million and nothing else.
    Ann needs to put her hands around that NBC peacock's betraying bitch of a neck and not let go until that whore coughs up all $20 million. I had this customer service job once and one of my co-workers got fired for being a bitch to the customers. Did I mention that I loved her so? Well, when they pink-slipped her ass they told her she needed to come back the next day to sign some exit papers and pick up her last check. This bitch refused to sashay out the exit door until they put her last check in her hands. She sat on her chair, hugged her pocketbook and quietly talked shit to herself about her supervisors and the job. I played Mimi's "Hero" on a loop on my computer speakers. The bosses eventually gave in and gave her the check. That's what Ann needs to do. Sit in her chair and tell those bitches her legs aren't going to work until they drop $20 million into her checking account.
    And about Savannah as the new co-host.... I was hoping if it wasn't going to be Hoda or Tamron Hall, it would be Natalie Morales. But I guess that would be awkward, because when I Googled "Natalie Morales Matt Lauer" this came up:

But then again, when I Googled "Savannah Guthrie Matt Lauer" this came up:

And "Ann Curry Matt Lauer":

And this (no, that is definitely not sloppily 'Shopped to shit, shut up):

So I guess if NBC wanted a co-host who hasn't been winked at by Matt Lauer's peen, there only option would be Al Roker. I think.

Posted by: Michael K
    Login or register to post comments • •

Ann Curry • Hoda Kotb • Matt Lauer • Meredith Vieira • Yeah Okay
    louiswinthorpe111 and dksnj like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

If they want to get rid of her and break the contract, that's their problem. If I were her, I'd want the full amount I was promised, too. I would not give them any breaks and I would not be settling. Ann has been with NBC for years and they knew her strengths and weaknesses when they decided to hire her for this job. They made the decision to offer her the job and give her a contract for 3 years and 30 million dollars. It's unfortunate if they now realize that it was a poor decision, but I'm glad she's not letting them off the hook as easily as they thought she would. They've publicly humiliated her and by allowing these leaks for months about how terrible she was, blaming her for the decline of the show, and "unofficially" telling any news outlet who'd print it that they were going to fire her, they've fucked her professionally. I hope she doesn't accept a penny less than the full $30 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Ann has two years left on her $30 million 3-year contract and she wants the full $20 million to go away. NBC has offered her $10 million and a job as a foreign correspondent for NBC News, but Ann is shaking her head no to that shit deal. Ann is fucking done professionally with NBC and wants to leave the network for good. Ann wants her $20 million and nothing else.
    Good for her; I would, too. I wouldn't be eager to renegotiate shit with them and would tell them we could talk about a $10M foreign correspondent deal after they cough up what we already agreed on. If they didn't like it, fuck them and they could talk to me through my lawyers.

Ugh, Savannah Guthrie.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information