Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Angie Harmon: I’m voting for John McCain!

35??
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

You go right ahead Ang....

Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Shut up bitch!
    Soj is back!!!
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

I don't mind some Republicans. It's the right wing fundies I detest. That said, I'm not surprised to hear there might be a lot of 'publicans in LA, because hey, there's also a lot of MONEY there. I guess she's being all publically happy about McCain 'cause she's an "LA Republican". Apparently all the right wingers are really bitter about McCain getting the nom. Eh, I love seeing those people feeling bad!
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I already dislike her. Don't try so hard Angie!

Oh I know who she is now! She's on that show Womens Murder Club!... which I hate.
    ssabmud

^^isn't that based on those dumb novels by James Patterson? Can't stand him so wouldn't go near the show...
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    I don't mind some Republicans. It's the right wing fundies I detest. That said, I'm not surprised to hear there might be a lot of 'publicans in LA, because hey, there's also a lot of MONEY there. I guess she's being all publically happy about McCain 'cause she's an "LA Republican".
    I think Tom Selleck will probably support McCain too. (another 'LA Republican')

Hit By Ban Bus!

I always figured she had no brains in that head of hers.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It's funny that people no longer keep thier political views to themselves. I may spout on here but people in my real life have very little idea of how I lean politically unless they know me well. It's nobodies business, nor should it be.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    I don't mind some Republicans. It's the right wing fundies I detest. That said, I'm not surprised to hear there might be a lot of 'publicans in LA, because hey, there's also a lot of MONEY there. I guess she's being all publically happy about McCain 'cause she's an "LA Republican". Apparently all the right wingers are really bitter about McCain getting the nom. Eh, I love seeing those people feeling bad!
    Eh, I'm not a right winger (was a republican, now just a conservative) and I'm pissed that McCain is the nominee. Just can't trust him.

*watches Ang Harmon's popularity take a nose dive*
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

isnt she Canadian?????

Good for her for being honest about what she believes. When celebrities publicly support Democratic candidates such as Obama, they often get praised for it. You don't see many people saying that they're stupid or that they should keep their opinions to themselves.

But when a celebrity endorses a Republican, he or she gets blasted. That's why many of the Republican celebrities aren't as vocal about it as the liberals. Respect for being a politically active celebrity doesn't go both ways.

I understand why Angie and many other celebrities who are in the top income bracket may find the Republican positions on taxes and other issues appealing. I vote Republican because I feel that I personally benefit more from their policies than Democratic ones, and I respect other people's right to vote for a candidate, Republican or Democrat, whose platform they feel is most beneficial to them. Voting based on what you believe and what you support is not stupid, and I also don't think it's stupid to have beliefs that other people may not necessarily agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Good for her for being honest about what she believes. When celebrities publicly support Democratic candidates such as Obama, they often get praised for it. You don't see many people saying that they're stupid or that they should keep their opinions to themselves.

But when a celebrity endorses a Republican, he or she gets blasted. That's why many of the Republican celebrities aren't as vocal about it as the liberals. Respect for being a politically active celebrity doesn't go both ways.

I understand why Angie and many other celebrities who are in the top income bracket may find the Republican positions on taxes and other issues appealing. I vote Republican because I feel that I personally benefit more from their policies than Democratic ones, and I respect other people's right to vote for a candidate, Republican or Democrat, whose platform they feel is most beneficial to them. Voting based on what you believe and what you support is not stupid, and I also don't think it's stupid to have beliefs that other people may not necessarily agree with.
    I agree, people should vote for whomever they want and go with whatever they believe in. Being a Republican shouldn't have to be secretive or something to go "underground" about, lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information