Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Angelina Jolie surfaces in Baghdad

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Now you are reminding me of Daniel Craig in the shower!
    He was in teh shower in that one too??? Damn, I may have to break my ban on AJ movies.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Kudos to her.
    Love her eyeliner.
    Hate her chapped lips. I wonder if Chapstick sends her free samples. They should!
    Maybe she should strike up an endorsement deal with Carmex!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Angelina Jolie, who is rumoured to be pregnant with twins, donned a helmet and flak jacket as she visited Iraq as part of her role as a UN goodwill ambassador.

The 32-year-old accompanied the U.S State Department on the trip to learn about the plight of 4 million displaced Iraqis.

Her partner Brad Pitt remains on dad duty in LA, where he was spotted yesterday with the couple's adopted daughter Zahara in tow.

Scroll down for more...
    Ready for battle: Angelina dons helmet and flak jacket in Iraq yesterday

Angelina shares a meal with troops stationed in Iraq

Of her mission, Angelina has said: "There's lots of goodwill and lots of discussion, but there seems to be just a lot of talk at the moment, and a lot of pieces that need to be put together.

"I'm trying to figure out what they are.”

"What happens in Iraq and how Iraq settles in the years to come is going to affect the entire Middle East.

"It's in our best interest to address a humanitarian crisis on this scale because displacement can lead to a lot of instability and aggression."
    Scroll down for more...
    Angelina listens to a US State Department official about the work in Iraq

During her trip Jolie dined with U.S troops stationed within the Green Zone, met General David Petraeus, the top U.S commander in the country, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and Iraqi migration officials.

The visit comes amid reports Angelina and Brad have increased security at their LA home after daughter Shiloh was targeted by kidnappers, it was claimed today.
    Scroll down for more...
    Lunch break: Angelina, who is rumoured to be pregnant with twins, is on the mission as part of her role as a UN goodwill ambassador

According to a US report, a chilling note was left at the door of one of the superstar couple's houses.

It included a photo of the 20-month-old tot - alongside the warning: "We got this close already." An insider said: "They're freaked out.

Angelina spoke to CNN about her work in Iraq

"Shiloh has someone protecting her 24-7, and Brad and Angie are trying to avoid taking her out of the house."

The insider added: "Someone got to their doorstep and left a threat against Shiloh.

"The person included a photo of her, and a note that read, 'We got this close already.'"

The note was left in early January, a US celebrity magazine claimed.

The insider was unable to reveal which house belonging to Pitt, 44, and Jolie, 32, was targeted, because of security reasons.

Shiloh - the couple's only biological child - has not been photographed in public since January 4, according to Life & Style magazine.
    Last November, two shots were reportedly fired outside their Los Feliz, California home.
    The insider added: "Brad and Angie will do whatever it takes to protect the children.
    "There have been frequent threats against their kids, but this time someone just got too close.
    "They are by far the most security-conscious celebrities in the world." Scroll down for more...
    Dad duty: Brad Pitt with adopted daughter Zahara in Los Angeles yesterday

Read more...

The couple already has impressive security at their California home, which includes a £120,000 state-of-the art control room manned by at least four staff.
    Motion tracking cameras with ultra-sensitive detectors alert security to any possible intruders.
    Observers say their security bill for 2008 could top £2.5million. Scroll down for more...
    Scare: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie feared daughter Shiloh, bottom right, would be taken

As well as Shiloh, they have three other children, Maddox, six, Pax, four, and Zahara, three.
    On 2 February, at the Santa Barbara Film Festival, she said: "I like being a mum. That's my big passion." A spokeswoman for the couple did not return calls today, but Brad Pitt has reportedly denied Shiloh has been targeted.

In the war zone: Pregnant Angelina Jolie dons helmet and flak jacket to tour Baghdad's mean streets | the Daily Mail

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    He was in teh shower in that one too??? Damn, I may have to break my ban on AJ movies.
    Oh yes and looking every bit as good as he looks in your avatar.

Really now? I guess I know what I'm watching this weekend.

Daniel Craig...sigh...that man is SO HOT.

*dies*

My thoughts on Angie: yes, she gets press on her charity work, but I can't fault her for trying to do something good. I think it's great when anyone can give back to society, celebrity or not.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

Does this vest properly conceal my demon spawn from the press?

Angelina PRETENDS to share a meal with troops stationed in Iraq. Please, we all know the bitch don't eat!

Angelina listens to a US State Department official wondering if she can control him with her hypnotic vag.

See, I'm not a self important humanitarian fame whore. I have a fun side!

Angelina spoke to CNN about her work in Iraq. "It's a very bad situation."

Brad: Duh, I'm a pussy whipped bitch! Doesn't my facial rejuvenation make me look 5 years younger?

In the war zone: Pregnant Angelina Jolie dons helmet and flak jacket to tour Baghdad's mean streets | the Daily Mail

RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^^^

Gold Member

Wilmer Valderamma recently visited the troops in Iraq. Let's all annoint him a saint. Denzel Washington does a lot for the troops (without the fanfare, and accompanied photogs, of course). Let's make him a martyr, like St. Vagina.

The adulation St. Vaginia receives for her charity work is so out of context with what she is actually accomplishing with her charity work, which is not much.

She claims to be "raising awareness," yet everytime this woman is asked for solutions, she offers nothing. I watched her interview on CNN. She basically memorized a stat about the number of displaced people who are in Iraq. Anybody could do that in 5 minutes. I didn't learn anything else from her at all; she offered nothing of substance.

I wish I were making millions, and didn't have to go to work 9-6 everyday to support myself. I wish I could fly around the world, and drop in with General Petraeus when I want some questions answered about Iraqi refugees. I wish could donate money to charities (as a tax writeoff, of course), and bring along photogs on my tours of refugee camps (to get myself good publicity I couldn't buy, of course), and have the whole world believing I'm some saint who is ending world poverty.

Sorry if I'm not impressed with Angelina's charity work. I haven't seen evidence she's actually accomplished much. I haven't seen evidence that she's faced hardships, like so many faceless people who give their time, because of her charity work. I don't even think she is informed about her causes. She claims to be bringing awareness to refugees, but I have yet to hear one solution or compelling fact that I did not know from her. She's just managed to do what she does best - self-promotion.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information