Login to remove the ads!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie surfaces in Baghdad

Jolie dodged questions from a CNN reporter.
    “Oh, don’t. Stop it,” she told the reporter when asked about pregnancy reports. “Stay true to your tradition. You're CNN. Don't do it!”

As if!!!

Lately CNN has been just as bad as ET or any other media celeb related show.

Silver Member

Angelina: "Look at me, don't I look purty? Sure, I may be pregnant, maybe even with twins, though I'm not telling yet (hee hee), and I'm in Baghdad. Yes, that's right. See my helmet? Aren't you impressed? No? Well then, how many of you went to Baghdad, (maybe) pregnant, when a war was going on, and did...uh...real important stuff? Ha, I thought so."

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Sooooo,she goes save the homeless and refugees her goverment created..thats rich..
    And her beeing pregnant with twins,no less...
    Tomorrow the refugees lives will turn to an edless dream,just because...
    I don't think she said she was saving the refugees or making their lives an endless dream. She said she wanted to bring awareness to their situation. She is not the only one who has tried to raise awareness, but every little bit helps, IMO. As for mocking them, I don't get that comment at all. As for stoning her to death, I'm not even gonna touch that one.

You know what you people talk bad about her out with her kids taking pictures, out with Brad taking pictures...however, you dismiss all the good work she has done and do as a Goodwill Ambassador. She doesn't have to do it, she isn't getting paid for it, and guess what she still does it!! Very Unselfish!! She could've kept up her crap from her early twenties, but she grew up in a big way! Her travels for the UN led to her adopting Maddox...

And praying for someone to get killed is wrong!! I mean damn how low can one go!!
    I Bleed Purple-Baltimore and Proud!

Jolie dodged questions from a CNN reporter.
    “Oh, don’t. Stop it,” she told the reporter when asked about pregnancy reports. “Stay true to your tradition. You're CNN. Don't do it!”
    These questions don't come for free bucko. When they are ready to pimp out their unborn, I am sure there will be $$$ signs involved. All in the name of charity of course.

Gold Member

What makes this ho qualified to discuss policy with Petraeus and other important people? She's a "goodwill ambassador," nothing more than a pretty face for the UN. It peeves me off when celebutards like her try to act important and influence policy.

And good point about her not wanting to disclose her pregnancy for free. She'll sell her pregnancy news to People, and then stage another "Most Beautiful Family" shoot, and pimp out her child again by selling the pictures when it's born. I was amazed when Pitt was complaining to anyone who would listen about the attention the paps give his children. They created the frenzy by making their children public figures - selling their pictures, discussing their personalities in every interview, building their 'brand' around being globetrotting humanitarian superparents.

It pisses me off when people down for the goods that they do. It's one thing to trash someone on how they live their lives and their behavior...but to trash them when they try to do good is just trashy. Now, let's all call our local Congress men or women and ask them how can we help. or when can we get out bullet proof vest and helmets so we can go to Iraq...Yeah, like that's going to happen!! I know that she is a better woman than I am, for that 1 reason... I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR Iraq!!
    I Bleed Purple-Baltimore and Proud!

People like Brad and Angie are followed by the paps nonstop. They don't HAVE to pimp their kids out -- the paps are only to happy to make big bucks off them doing that. I remember one time at GR when everybody was screaming for their heads for "allowing" pics of their kids at a birthday party, And of course, their crime was to be spied on with telephoto lenses by the paps. Here's a thought -- some mags refuse to use photos taken with telephoto lenses, or photos of celebs' kids. Only buy those mags, only support legit publications. That will stop the paps soon enough and amazingly, Brangelina's "pimping" will be dramatically reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    And also, please keep in mind that, sadly, a majority of the US still remains in utter ignorance. There are going to be many people who see a picture of Jolie in Baghdad on the cover of Star magazine and realize FOR THE FIRST TIME that the Iraq War has caused refugees and human suffering. If she can use her star-power to enlighten some of the ignorant, then I applaud her.
    If that type of person needs Angie to be aware there's a war going on, they are beyond help. Just my opinion.

She always talks about the awareness she brings to the causes. How she wants to teach and inform the world.

But every time she gets asked about it in an interview, she never says anything apart from "the situation is really bad."

Yeah, well, we fucking know that. Inform me! Teach me! Shock me! Tell us something we didn't know.

She doesn't know shit about any of this. I never heard her say one single intelligent and enlightening sentence on any of this stuff she has been doing for years.

Anyone who falls for this is an idiot.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Bronze Member

I don't see how anyone can down someone for giving of their time and resources to those in need, period. Angie has been donating her money, and putting herself in danger traveling to third world countries and refugee camps for years. Many journalists and reporters have travelled to these places and have been ambushed and lost their lives, so I give her props for her courage and unselfishness in her quest to help others.

If she were only doing it for the publicity and attention and her motives were not sincere, I'm sure she could easily find better things to do, like most of these Hollywood types who would rather relax in their mansions on the hill, oblivious to the suffering and poverty in the world because its not their problem. At least Angelina tries and I applaud her, and it would be a blessing if there were more like her.

^^ There are many like her and they don't get applauded. That's the point.

There are idealistic, young doctors who live in Dafur 365 days a year and hardly get any pay. There are development aid workers who dedicate their lives. There are journalists who get kidnapped, shot. These poeple HATE Angelina Jolie.

They are real heroes, I applaud them. Anyone who decides to admire Angelina instead is a dimwit who is easily manipulated.

She draws the attention to herself and nothing but herself. She doesn't help anyone, inform anyone or anything else.

When she visist these countries she stays in nice hotels, wears designer clothes and brings her glam squad along.

The money she donates is a joke, she still owns a private jet and half a dozen mansions.

Angelina's extreme wealth is FOUNDED on the misery of people in the third world, her pretending to be their savior is an insult. She also is an insult to anyone who dedicated his life to development aid without cameras following him around.

What further infuriates me is that because of her, people are led to believe that development aid is some kind of fieldtrip. "Please bring your Malonos and you're good to go". That's a misconception.

If you think that Angelina does development aid, then you simply have no clue.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Silver Member

^^ If I had the time I would list the inaccuracies.

^^ That's convincing. You win!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information