Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie surfaces in Baghdad

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Yeah,but you see,if it wasnt for that brave,shelfless woman,we would remain unware...thanks God she is all over for her big heart and hard work...
    Yeah - it's not like the press hasn't been covering it non stop for us to make sure we knew the war never should have happened. We Americans need Angie to tell us what is going on in the world - right?

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I haven't seen that her pregnancy is high risk - what's happening with her? Why is she high risk?
    welllll ... depends on which article in which rag. the one I read (not telling) says that because she lost so much weight in the last year and since Brad won't let her adopt until they have another biological child, she/they used IVF but she's high risk due to being so skinny for such a length of time. Per the article, she/they have hired a nurse that travels with her if she goes over 10 miles away from the house and certainly if/when she travels overseas. Of course, I don't know how much of that I'd believe. I think if I were pregnant, I'd keep my ass at home and worry about me and mine for a minute.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^She needed to work on a good dope connection over there.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

You'd have thought that she'd have gone to Afganistan then, if it's drugs shes after being an alledged heroin user....

Or is that her next stop?

Bronze Member

Is she out of the UN "Goodwill Ambassador" post now?

I've been hearing rumours that they declined to renew her contract, and this doesn't appear to be a UN-sponsored trip. So, I'm just wondering...

Fucking corrupted UN should prevent and stop aggressive money hungry nations creating that shit..not send out fame whores lame celebrities to MOCK peoples suffering and misery..

Fucking corrupted UN should prevent and stop aggressive money hungry nations creating that shit..not send out fame whores lame celebrities to MOCK peoples suffering and misery..

When has she ever mocked anyone's suffering and misery? I think her causes are great and wish I had the money, the time or even the will to help out people less fortunate than me. Seems pretty damn unselfish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    When has she ever mocked anyone's suffering and misery? I think her causes are great and wish I had the money, the time or even the will to help out people less fortunate than me. Seems pretty damn unselfish to me.
    Agreed. I know it is not popular around here to defend Angie but I am glad she does these trips. Others will always find reasons to attack her and the US no matter what.

Just a minute guys.

I'm an American, and I disagree 100% with the foreign policy of this country. I would do ANYTHING I could do to improve the situation (or shed light on the horrible living conditions) of those whose lives have been destroyed by the warmongering, oil-thirsty, murderous administration that has hijacked my nation.

Despite my polarization from my government's policies, does my US citizenship make my attempts to help the Iraqis (or various other groups left disenfranchised as a result of US policy) any less meaningful? Than why should it make Angelina's attempts meaningless?

Remember a majority of us do not support the war in Iraq, nor the administration. Don't judge us all based on the actions of one lunatic and his cronies, I beg you.

Please keep in mind I cannot stand the woman, but I will always acknowledge a good deed when I see one, regardless of it coming from an enemy or a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    What exactly is she offering the peoplle? Posing all sad in pictures or pipping idiotic comments?
    If i had to suffer the way those people do and i had an idiot posing next to me and then fly off,i would stone them to death.
    There is people LIVING there,giving actuall help,risking their well beeing daily and to THEM and only them i take my hat off.
    But this is my opinion only..
    Reality is an illusion caused by extreme lack of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Just a minute guys.

I'm an American, and I disagree 100% with the foreign policy of this country. I would do ANYTHING I could do to improve the situation (or shed light on the horrible living conditions) of those whose lives have been destroyed by the warmongering, oil-thirsty, murderous administration that has hijacked my nation.

Despite my polarization from my government's policies, does my US citizenship make my attempts to help the Iraqis (or various other groups left disenfranchised as a result of US policy) any less meaningful? Than why should it make Angelina's attempts meaningless?

Remember a majority of us do not support the war in Iraq, nor the administration. Don't judge us all based on the actions of one lunatic and his cronies, I beg you.

Please keep in mind I cannot stand the woman, but I will always acknowledge a good deed when I see one, regardless of it coming from an enemy or a friend.

THANK YOU!!!!

And also, please keep in mind that, sadly, a majority of the US still remains in utter ignorance. There are going to be many people who see a picture of Jolie in Baghdad on the cover of Star magazine and realize FOR THE FIRST TIME that the Iraq War has caused refugees and human suffering. If she can use her star-power to enlighten some of the ignorant, then I applaud her.

These people and our US Troops seem very grateful to know that they are not forgotten about and Angelina and other celebrities taking time from their lives when they don't have to does brighten their days. Most of the people in these countries probably don't even know who Angelina or other celebrities are but they can recognize a friendly face and someone who took the time to come and interact with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Just a minute guys.

Cherry,this has nothing to do with Americans or whatever.
    Last summer a big part of my country was burned down.
    When our politicians went to burned villages to visit,they got spit on and left.They got the worse bashing from members of their own party.No one dared go visit after that,
    I hope you get my meaning.
    Reality is an illusion caused by extreme lack of alcohol.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information