Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie’s son Maddox to attend South Korean university for biochemistry

Sorry it won’t let me edit..

EXCLUSIVE
    MARCH 1, 2019 12:54AM EDT
    Brad Pitt ‘Proud’ Of Son Maddox, 17, But Feels ‘Pushed Out’ Of College Tour By Ex Angelina Jolie

View Gallery

Beth Shilliday and Allison Swan

Angelina Jolie has spent the past five months looking at colleges with son Maddox, 17, but without the help of dad Brad Pitt. The actor is feeling pushed out of the decision making for his eldest son’s next big life step.

Selecting the right college is such an important step in any 17-year-old student’s life. That’s why Angelina Jolie, 43, has been accompanying her eldest son Maddoxon a tour of universities both in the U.S. and abroad. Sadly, the teen’s dad Brad Pitt has been shut out of the important campus visits. “Brad is so proud of Maddox and would love to be helping him tour colleges, but as of now there are no plans for that. It’s not by Brad’s choice,” a source close the 55-year-old actor tells HollywoodLife.comEXCLUSIVELY.

“He’d love to be more involved but Angelina has been very clear that she is handling it. It’s hard on Brad to be pushed out, to see Angelina having fun with the kids while he’s busy working to support everyone,” our insider continues. Angelina and Maddox toured the New York University campus on Feb. 22, looking like any other prospective student and parent, albeit in Angie’s case an impeccably dressed one. The Maleficent star wore a dove grey fitted coat with a large black Yves Saint Laurent bag to match her heels. Maddox on the other hand looked like any other teen in a North Face jacket and Converse sneakers.
    This isn’t the only college trip that Brad’s been left out of. Angelina took Maddox to South Korea in early November of 2018 while making an official visit as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR) Special Envoy. While in the capital of Seoul they stopped by several colleges for Maddox to check out. The teen has been studying the Korean language and at the time it was reported he was looking to study abroad in the Asian nation.
    It wasn’t just Maddox who got the trip to New York with his mom, as his siblings Shiloh, 12, Zahara, 14, and Pax, 15, came along for the fun trip. Angie brought the four of them to the Museum of Modern Art’s opening of the Serendipity film on Feb. 21 the night before Maddox’s campus tour. Then on Feb. 26 Angie brought her entire brood including twins Knox and Vivienne, 10, to a special NYC screening of The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, a new film starring and directed by Chiwetel Ejiofor. It’s plot is described on imdb.com as “A boy in Malawi helps his village by building a wind turbine after reading about them in a library book.” That sounds like an uplifting story humanitarian Angelina would want to share with her kids.

Bronze Member

It WOULD be nice to have rich parents BUT completely suck if they were such 'attention whores' that it's all they apparently knew how to be.

They're as bad as one another attempting to 'win' the narrative.......by USING their kids.......with pathetic attempts to 'own' the 'public sentiment' with folks they don't even know..... but care so much about to maintain all that money, attention, fame and ummm......yeah.....credibility

Think most of us might have got off lucky with our parents.....I don't think mine would EVER have papped us out or sold sad... 'I miss him' tales to the press.

Think I'm glad for Maddox just to have some space away from his two completely self-obsessed parents........which he apparently wasn't even allowed to begin without the usual BS from both of em'.
    Last edited by secretgoldfish; August 22nd, 2019 at 08:13 PM.
    DawnM74, effie2 and MsDark like this.

I'm not sure it's Angie who shut Brad out of college tours as much as it was Maddox. The boy appears to want nothing to do with Brad.
    Sarzy, twitchy2.0, czb and 3 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

They both need to cool it with papping out these kids and their narratives. I wouldn't put it past AJ's team to have made this public just to make herself look awesome and Brad feel slighted and Brad's camp to have allowed that public response for similar/opposite reasons.

The kid doesn't deserve this from either of them. Maybe the kid has a good reason not to want to be involved with his dad anymore. Maybe not. But none of this should be public. And they're both shitty for putting it out there for people to talk about.

My opinion: If Brad was a good dad to the kid for most of his life up to the point of his problems that led to the incident on the plane (which obviously occurred in front of the kids) and the resulting divorce, then Maddox could come around one day on his own. Even if AJ is influencing him. He may see that for himself one day and return to Brad to spite her. That's why she shouldn't be trying to shut Brad out, if indeed that's what is going on here.

But Brad needs to accept that his out of control behavior culminating in that incident is what led to this. Hopefully he hasn't lost him for good. I think publicly crafted responses to her papping the kids sans Brad (when this is the same shit they used to do together) aren't going to help that situation. Maybe finding a way (privately) to let Maddox know he loves him, he's sorry and he's always there for him when he's ready (to have a relationship again) and maybe being the one parent he can trust who won't sell their relationship to the tabs would go a long way.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I thought the videos were made by other students who then sold them to news outlets. I guarantee you when kids saw Angelina Jolie they stopped texting and started video taping. She took him to school. Of course she did - but she didn't hang around for a week - I don't see what she did that's a problem. Oh, well... now he's on his own and I hope it's a great, learning experience for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I'm not sure it's Angie who shut Brad out of college tours as much as it was Maddox. The boy appears to want nothing to do with Brad.
    Parental alienation? I wish they would stop with the mud slinging after all this time. It's as bad as Angie vs. Jenni only now it's Angie vs. Brad who appears to be the richer parent and is therefore keeping them all in style and security whether he is with them or not. Ungrateful brats (and that's just Angelina!)
    mostroop and DawnM74 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Parental alienation? I wish they would stop with the mud slinging after all this time. It's as bad as Angie vs. Jenni only now it's Angie vs. Brad who appears to be the richer parent and is therefore keeping them all in style and security whether he is with them or not. Ungrateful brats (and that's just Angelina!)
    ..... According to documents obtained by The Blast, a judge in Angelina and Brad's divorce case determined that the former couple's six children "not having a relationship with their father is harmful to them," and adds that "it is critical that each of them have a healthy and strong relationship with their father and mother."The judge also ordered Jolie to arrange a phone call with the kids and their doctors to explain to the children that "the court has determined that each of them are safe with their father." Pitt was accused of child abuse in 2016 during an incident aboard a private plane. Pitt was eventually cleared.

One of the issues the court addresses are the children's cell phones. According to the documents, Angelina must provide Brad with the cell phone number of each child, and allow him to call whenever he wants. Also, she is not allowed to read the children's text messages with Brad or give out a number to a phone that she secretly monitors.

In the spirit of strengthening the relationship with Pitt, the court has laid out a summer schedule for the children, minus Maddox, to spend time with the actor over the summer. Because Maddox is older, the court is allowing him to decide how much time he wants to spend with his father.

While in the care of Pitt, Jolie is only allowed to call the kids one time per day at a time agreed on in advance by both parents.

The court makes it clear to the former "Tomb Raider" star: "If the minor children remain closed down to their father and depending on the circumstances surrounding this condition, it may result in a reduction of the time they spend with [Jolie] and may result in the Court ordering primary physical custody to [Pitt]."

https://theblast.com/c/angelina-joli...stody-children
    PecanPie, DawnM74 and Waterslide like this.

The fact that a court had to do this level of specific outlining speaks volumes.
    Daphodil, mostroop, palta and 9 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

^i think it is pretty typical, based on what i've seen doing research on the internet.
    DawnM74 and lindsaywhit like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information