Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie: Rich, Famous Moms "Shouldn't Complain"

Quote Originally Posted by Gilmourgirl View Post
    I don't buy her saviour image.
    Well, that's up to you, but she's adopted a lot more needy kids than I have so I have to give her some credit for that, at least.

If I were a rich mom,
    Goopy doopy doopy doopy doopy doopy dum.
    All day long I'd sit upon my bum.
    And wish I'd time to work up on my tan.

I wouldn't have to work hard.
    Goopy doopy doopy doopy doopy doopy dum.
    If I were a skinny Gwynny bitch,
    Whose 70's bush would scare away the Klan.

I'd buy a big brownstone with rooms by the dozen,
    Right in the middle of SoHo.
    I'd hide from Moses in my panic room.
    And make myself a tunic on a loom,

Elite Member

Team Ang. I like her. Always have. The only thing I don't get is her taste in men.
    Sarzy, sluce and *DIVA! like this.

So has Mia Farrow and she's called crazy.
    Lots of people do charity and they don't drag a photographer and a film crew to document it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Well, that's up to you, but she's adopted a lot more needy kids than I have so I have to give her some credit for that, at least.

Elite Member

^^ I believe they do a lot that is not captured on film or documented by the paps.

Brad has done more since being with her too. I have no issues with her, and whatever the reason she has for giving, at least she gives. Many who have the means, don't
    Butterfly likes this.

^They do.

Gilmourgirl- The whole point of the UN using Angelina is the publicity/awareness she brings! The videos and photos of her in these countries is part of the package.

I live in a country where the UN has failed. Celebrities may bring the problems in the media but that doesn't affect the people in those regions.
    arie_skop likes this.

Obviously the UN has failed because of Angelina Jolie.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

^ Right?!
    What an evil bitch for trying to do some good.
    *Kat* and mostroop like this.

Angie on the other hand lives just like Goop but is obsessed with making people believe she is just like one of them.
    It would never occur to me to look at a jet-setting philanthropist and think she's trying to make herself seem "just like me." I think Angie does the opposite, actually - she doesn't pretend that she stays in in her pyjamas all weekend, that she's doing the public school run with her kids, that she gets her exercise by jogging around her neighbourhood in a messy ponytail and yoga pants, that she doesn't get special treatment and exclusive access to shops and attractions... I think she knows she leads a very different lifestyle than most of us and doesn't pretend otherwise. YMMV.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Well,neither does goopy,she just gives a try at mothering,cooking,monitoring food,life,schooling,giving them as normal a life as possible.I ve seen her in family outings,her kids normally dressed and happy looking.
    I get it is easier if you stuff your kids junk food,let them run wild and look homeless or stupidly edgy at best,no schooling or friends or home..plus an army of nannies..hello?
    And i dont think her *work*as a savior is making any fucking difference to those in need.Good add for UN,good PR for her.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Well,neither does goopy,she just gives a try at mothering,cooking,monitoring food,life,schooling,giving them as normal a life as possible.I ve seen her in family outings,her kids normally dressed and happy looking.
    I get it is easier if you stuff your kids junk food,let them run wild and look homeless or stupidly edgy at best,no schooling or friends or home..plus an army of nannies..hello?
    And i dont think her *work*as a savior is making any fucking difference to those in need.Good add for UN,good PR for her.

• The Special Envoy's commitment to the organization is further demonstrated through her donations to UNHCR, amounting to more than US$5 million since 2001. The funds have gone towards building schools - in locations such as Kenya and Afghanistan - as well as other initiatives aimed at improving the lives of the forcibly displaced.
    • In 2003, she started the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation project dedicated to conservation in Cambodia, which later expanded to agriculture, education, health care, vocational training, infrastructure, rural planning and microcredit programmes.
    • In 2005, she launched the National Centre for Refugee and Immigrant Children, an organization that provides free legal aid to young asylum-seekers. In 2008, she partnered with Microsoft to launch Kids in Need of Defence (KIND), a pro bono movement of law firms, corporate law departments, NGOs and volunteers committed to providing legal advice to unaccompanied immigrant children in the United States.
    • The Jolie-Pitt Foundation, meanwhile, has provided funding in Namibia to the N/a'an ku sÍ Wildlife Sanctuary for the care of injured wildlife and to help minimize conflict between humans and wild animals. Jolie has funded children's centres in Cambodia and Ethiopia which apply innovative and integrated treatment for children infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis.

So I think she's made some difference, whatever her motives are.
    mostroop and Butterfly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Wait, the bolded statement ... Are you saying that about the Jolie-Pitt kids?

This post has not been proofread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information