Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie To Have More Cancer Prevention Surgery

When my friend was in med school one of the first things she did was bring us all together and showed us how to perform proper breast exams, I'm inclined to think that sort of thing should be covered in sex ed classes in school. My friend's mum's cancer was a difference in the skin texture rather than a lump, and she noticed during a self exam.
    ariesallover and Novice like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    When my friend was in med school one of the first things she did was bring us all together and showed us how to perform proper breast exams, I'm inclined to think that sort of thing should be covered in sex ed classes in school. My friend's mum's cancer was a difference in the skin texture rather than a lump, and she noticed during a self exam.
    We learned how to do them in high school health class. They brought in fake boobies with various things in them, that were different sizes and textures. The boys got to practice testicular self exams on a fake set of balls. Then we switched sets, girls got the balls, and the boys got the boobs. That part caused a fit of giggles, then we got yelled at. They were all "one day you might be married and YOU might notice something your spouse has missed". 14 girls awkwardly handling fake balls was comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    I highly recommend this organization for teaching young women about breast health and screening. Mary Ann is a truly amazing woman and I love her 2 daughters who are friends with my daughter. Her fight is not over due to a recurrence so please keep her and her 3 kids in your thoughts and prayers.

Our Bodies. Information. Each Other. Get In Touch! « Get In Touch Foundation Get In Touch Foundation
    ariesallover, rollo and Karistiona like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't want to know. If I DO know, it would make no difference in my plans anyways. MY family history is more Alzheimer's/dementia, and to be brutally honest, I would rather die from cancer than that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information