Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie has had her ovaries removed after cancer scare

Well,in my case an almost fatal heart attack took care of my smoking..i had no option..After a lifetime of heavy smoking i am smoke free 3 years this coming July 1rst.Friend said you either stop it yourself or the doctors will make you to.
    sluce, snoopqueen, rollo and 11 others like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Yes - it was heart bypass that finally got my mom to quit.
    snoopqueen and effie2 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Well,in my case an almost fatal heart attack took care of my smoking..i had no option..After a lifetime of heavy smoking i am smoke free 3 years this coming July 1rst.Friend said you either stop it yourself or the doctors will make you to.

Congrats!
    effie2 likes this.

I'm proud of you, Effie.

It's a curious thing with Angelina being conflicted about the beauty which made her famous. On the one hand, endless surgeries and 'dieting.' On the other hand, a careless lifestyle and scribble and cutting. She isn't the most healthy in lots of aspects.
    effie2 and arie_skop like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

As i said,i had no option.I am still a smoker in mind,though i choke if i smell it even from afar..And yes,there is a pack of my Gauloise blond ciggies laying under my undies...
    As for Jolie,i honestly believe she needs long and intense therapy..she has issues she never attended to and they are catching up...
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I'm glad Angelina has taken control of her health, somewhat.. I can't help but think that now she'll probably get some other form of cancer she wasn't prepared for as that seems to be Murphy's Law. I can see the headlines, "Angelina has breasts, ovaries, and fallopian tubes removed, but still develops lung cancer.." or some sort like that. Look at that poor girl from the Real World, Diem Brown, who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2006, and died in 2014 from stomach and colon cancer (she was 34). You can do all the preventative removal surgeries you want, but it can almost guarantee you nothing.
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

fgg

Family photo shows Jolie’s battle with deadly cancer gene

This haunting family portrait from 1977 shows why Angelina Jolie has taken drastic measures to prevent herself from developing cancer.
    Jolie, who is 3 years old in the photo, is surrounded by six adult blood relatives — all of whom later died from cancer. They include her mother, Marcheline (holding toddler Angelina in the upper right corner), who succumbed to ovarian cancer at age 56.

Her aunt, second cousin and great aunt all developed breast cancer, while an uncle suffered from prostate cancer and her grandfather, Rolland Bertrand (seated in the center), died of sweat-gland cancer.

The photo was shared by Angelina’s uncle, Ron Martin (above, far right, with the mustache), to show the devastation the BRCA gene mutation — which can lead to cancer — has had on the family.

Martin said his niece’s brave op-ed, in which she announced she’d had her ovaries removed in the wake of a preventive mastectomy, could save hundreds of thousands of lives.

“She’s doing it for a cause. She’s not doing it because she wants to be public,” said Ron, 69, who was married to Angelina’s aunt, Debbie Martin, who died of breast cancer two years ago.

Since her death, Ron has built a charity organization, the Bertrand-BRCA Foundation, to help at-risk individuals. Angelina, 39, is not involved, but her brother, James Haven, sits on the board.

“It’s affecting many more families than just ours. It just happens to be she’s probably the most famous person that has that gene,” Ron Martin said. “If you read some of those comments in her op-ed, you will see case after case that have the same exact situation as her.”

Family photo shows Jolie’s battle with deadly cancer gene | Page Six

photo at the link
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

Oh my God, that is so scary. I really hope for her sake those preventative measures were enough...
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information