Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie has had her ovaries removed after cancer scare

If I understand this correctly, I believe her mother, grandmother, and her aunt all passed away from ovarian cancer. If so, she made the only decision she really could make. She will now be there for her 6 children and her husband. I can't imagine the fear she had when she saw the elevated markers. It sounds like she couldn't get to the surgeon fast enough. I have a feeling that I would do the same thing.

Yes, we take chances everyday with our lives when we walk across the street. We can never eliminate all risk. However, I promise, if someone were to tell you that you had 80-plus percent chance of being killed in a car accident at a certain intersection, you would never, ever be anywhere near that intersection again.

Good for Angelina. I thought what she wrote was touching, informative and interesting. I wish her a smooth, swift recovery from her surgery.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I'd do exactly what Angie did.

And agreed MsDeb- this is a great opportunity to talk about healthcare in the US. Especially after hearing the shit that dunderhead Cruz was spewing about the ACA yesterday (he's a True Christian!)

She won't necessarily be there for her husband and 6 children. She's been looking ill for years even though she doesn't have cancer. What about the rest of her lifestyle?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    She won't necessarily be there for her husband and 6 children. She's been looking ill for years even though she doesn't have cancer. What about the rest of her lifestyle?
    That part is covered, Rollo. She has already pledged to move from clapping to 100% jazz hands by the end of this year.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I wish I could say I was shocked by some of the stupid statements here, but then I remember the source.
    gas_chick likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Exactly, hopefully she attacks the real elephant in the room next, her eating issues. Especially after going into menopause early, osteoporosis and heart issues are waiting around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I think either people didn't read the entire article. Or they don't understand the medical science behind biochemical markers.

Or just hate AJ.

I personally miss crazy, limo-fucking, blood-vial, knife wielding Angelina. But she absolutely did the right thing here. This lady is only 39 years old, has a husband and six children FFS. People are nuts. It's just globs of non-essential tissue. If it can kill her then Jesus-titty-fucking-Christ, of course she should have it removed.
    THIS! Thank you!

I decided to have a chuckle at Azoria's post. Much better than getting heartburn, and plus, look at it this way: maybe Angelina's self-confessed uber-gothy past (remember she even wanted to be a mortician?) indicates that she's temperamentally better-equipped to handle these difficult surgeries than many folks.

See, just a wee switch of perspective et voila, we've transformed a negative to a positive.

Indeed. It's either that, or buy Enty and others who say that she's actually been battling cancer, not preventing it. Both versions of reality suck. Plus, hormone therapy aside, Kasippu's right. If Angie's addictions really have taken the toll on her health that her looks over the past few years indicate, she's looking at still more rough road ahead.

I wish her the best.

ETA: Kelly Osbourne has just volunteered the info to anyone who'll listen that she has the BRCA gene as well. Now THIS is someone trying to get attention from Angie's story!
    Last edited by Kathie_Moffett; March 25th, 2015 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Attention-whoring vulgar sow had to chime in "me me MEEEE"
    snoopqueen and Clubber Lang like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

i just saw the Kelly Osbourne 'confession' on TMZ, and honestly, i rolled my eyes. another reason to catch that bus to hell...
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

It's a tough road for anyone to walk. That essay was poignant and beautifully written. I'm not a fan of hers but I wish her well. That said, my only quibble is that she gives more validity to alternative medicine than it's due.

Hey, I don't care if someone takes echinacea and the like, but when someone is in her situation, taking the alternative medicine route is a really bad decision. She appears to legitimize women who make that choice.

Silver Member

Honestly, I wish her well. She tries to publicize meaningful and substantive issues. She and Brad seem committed to each other and raising their family. Clearly she wants to live, for herself and her children based on these drastic medical measures she is taking. All the best from me.

Yeah,all this but shoving some food down her mouth and quit drugs are equally important...
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

She should give up smoking. If you really don't want to die of cancer, that's a good preventative step. I mean, I know it's not related to the BRCA cancers, but it does cause many other kinds.
    sluce, llamamama, rollo and 2 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

agree.

She smokes? Wow, I had no idea. She definitely needs to give that up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information