Page 23 of 107 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
Like Tree5444Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie Files for Divorce from Brad Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    By the time this is done Angie will have people believing he is a serial killer.
    Palermo
    You don't come around enough anymore. Now stay put!
    Kittylady and kasippu like this.

Tmz is now reporting that the fbi is investigating but I am taking this with a pinch of salt.
    Waterslide likes this.

Here is the link. Tried to paste the article but it was all messed up

TMZ
    Waterslide and ana-mish-ana like this.

Like a lot of people were saying, I don't think it's at all strange that something like this would be reported anonymously and I think it's normal. In my state, we have mandated reporting. If they were travelling with any teachers/tutors for the kids, or a nurse, etc., those professionals would be required to report the abuse. If you do report something, your name is not disclosed and everything is kept confidential regardless of whether your report anonymously.

And again, just because LAPD is not investigating Brad, it doesn't mean that DCFS isn't investigating him.

ETA here is the article:

EXCLUSIVE
    BRAD PITT

CHILD ABUSE REPORT REFERRED TO FBI

9/22/16 11:57 AM PST

The child abuse allegations against Brad Pitt have been referred over to the FBI ... TMZ has learned.

As we reported, the L.A. County Dept. of Children and Family Services received an anonymous call that Brad was wasted on a private jet last week and became physically and verbally abusive to his kids.

As we reported, the DCFS followed protocol and notified the LAPD. Law enforcement sources say the LAPD's Abused Child Unit (ACU) got the report, but determined that the Department did not have jurisdiction because the alleged incident occurred in the air, on a flight from France to the U.S.

We know ... the plane landed a week ago Wednesday just before 8 PM at an airport in Minnesota. That's when eyewitnesses say Brad was "out of control" on the tarmac and even tried to leave in a fuel truck.

Our LAPD sources say because the incident occurred in the air, the FBI has jurisdiction. The ACU then closed its file and referred the matter to the FBI.

As we reported, DCFS has already interviewed Brad and Angelina separately and they will also interview the kids. Our LAPD sources say if those interviews produce information suggesting there was possible abuse at their L.A. family home, the LAPD will open a new case.

Our Pitt sources say the actor denies committing any sort of abuse.
    http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/09/22...ngelina-jolie/
    Sarzy likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

At least Brad got visitors today:

(a police car, from Daily Mail)
    Brookie, greysfang, Wisher and 1 others like this.

I would guess, going by second hand experience of people who I know who have been through a similar situation (no, not my family, but someone who I was pretty close to at the time), that Angelina felt her best bet for not having her kids taken into protective (foster care) custody would be to separate herself from the "abuser". Of course, she could have just separated herself physically and not legally and that might have been enough, while he is ordered to go through counseling and anger/substance abuse management classes.

My guess though, would be that if this report is accurate, that this wasn't the first time he got physical with the kids, but this time there were witnesses (other than Angelina), maybe this was her tipping point. I would freak the eff out too and definitely take my children away in order to protect them from falling into a system that is pretty much broken in CA, if that meant filing for divorce, so be it. Even with good lawyers and money, fighting CPS is an uphill battle. I was granted both physical and legal custody of my older children (first marriage) and there was no physical abuse going on there but plenty of emotional and substance abuse, this is what triggered me to say earlier that whatever caused her to ask for sole physical custody must be because she felt there was a threat to her children. I just wasn't sure if it leaned toward him being too lax or having a short fuse.

Parenting becomes more difficult the older your children get, and it makes me sad to think that with all of their resources they weren't already in some sort of family therapy (assumption on my part)...even for the most functional family it can help to give direction to appropriate parenting. So many of us grew up with parents who did it completely differently than how we would like to raise our own children, and sometimes we need professional advice on this... and also on merging two parenting styles that could be on opposite ends of the spectrum. I do hope that they seek out some sort of counseling at this point, they have no excuse not to.

ETA And from a PR perspective, if the allegations are accurate, eventually leak in detail, and are damning enough, getting a divorce might have seemed like her only option at this point. Not to save face in Hollywood, but with her UN work.
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; September 22nd, 2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typos, block of text, not enough punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    These photos are closer to home than you think...

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at Home (Photos) | W Magazine

The 3rd pic looks like he found her OD'd. There's another one further down that looks like he's carrying her passed out ass to bed.
    Marmar2, Wisher and Little Wombat like this.

^ I don't remember those pics but one of them has a cauldron in it.

There's something very off about the 'stories' which are leaking out so far.

The best thing I read today was Aniston's nickname for Jolie: "Groom Raider"

He sure is getting buried right out of the gate! I guess time will tell what the real story is, but dang, he better get a good lawyer. I feel for the kids, divorce is bad enough, but this is going to be very brutal and public.
    Wisher and arie_skop like this.

These photos are closer to home than you think...

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at Home (Photos) | W Magazine
    Ah the famous 'missing his sensitivity chip' photo shoot.

He (they) really were cunts in how they handled the whole thing. I had forgotten about that.
    Wisher, Waterslide, czb and 11 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

3, 2, 1 until Brad checks into rehab.
    Wisher, czb and Trixie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    Lainey is a complete fucking hack, so I'd say it's par for the course.
    This.
    Wisher likes this.

3, 2, 1 until Brad checks into rehab.
    And Angie checks into hospital. Poor kids.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    I would guess, going by second hand experience of people who I know who have been through a similar situation (no, not my family, but someone who I was pretty close to at the time), that Angelina felt her best bet for not having her kids taken into protective (foster care) custody would be to separate herself from the "abuser". Of course, she could have just separated herself physically and not legally and that might have been enough, while he is ordered to go through counseling and anger/substance abuse management classes.

My guess though, would be that if this report is accurate, that this wasn't the first time he got physical with the kids, but this time there were witnesses (other than Angelina), maybe this was her tipping point. I would freak the eff out too and definitely take my children away in order to protect them from falling into a system that is pretty much broken in CA, if that meant filing for divorce, so be it. Even with good lawyers and money, fighting CPS is an uphill battle. I was granted both physical and legal custody of my older children (first marriage) and there was no physical abuse going on there but plenty of emotional and substance abuse, this is what triggered me to say earlier that whatever caused her to ask for sole physical custody must be because she felt there was a threat to her children. I just wasn't sure if it leaned toward him being too lax or having a short fuse.

Parenting becomes more difficult the older your children get, and it makes me sad to think that with all of their resources they weren't already in some sort of family therapy (assumption on my part)...even for the most functional family it can help to give direction to appropriate parenting. So many of us grew up with parents who did it completely differently than how we would like to raise our own children, and sometimes we need professional advice on this... and also on merging two parenting styles that could be on opposite ends of the spectrum. I do hope that they seek out some sort of counseling at this point, they have no excuse not to.

ETA And from a PR perspective, if the allegations are accurate, eventually leak in detail, and are damning enough, getting a divorce might have seemed like her only option at this point. Not to save face in Hollywood, but with her UN work.
    Children aren't so quickly removed from a custodial home into "protective custody". Generally speaking. For all the money and fame of the Jolie-Pitts I can't see DCFS moving those children into foster care. They both have the means to remove themselves and/or the children out of the environment.

Thread Information