Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree5350Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie Files for Divorce from Brad Pitt

Nooo. I ran over here to see what you guys thought.
    I loved them together.

If it is about the kids it's going to get ugly.
    MmeVertigina and Wisher like this.

I always knew they'd end up breaking up. But I'd always thought their marriage would last longer than this.
    fgg, holly and Wisher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    I'm shocked but thinking about it, I haven't really seen them together much lately or Brad with the kids. I wonder why she wouldn't want Brad to have joint custody?
    Daily Fail says they haven't been seen together in public since last November. Wow thats like 10 months ago. It seems like I've seen them so many times but thinking back they were papped separately. I know she filed for divorce but I've wondered if he tired of her globe trotting into seriously dangerous war-torn countries. I've always admired her for her work with refugees but she has 6 kids herself and she goes into some dangerous places which would frighten me as her spouse.
    Wisher likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    Daily Fail says they haven't been seen together in public since last November. Wow thats like 10 months ago. It seems like I've seen them so many times but thinking back they were papped separately. I know she filed for divorce but I've wondered if he tired of her globe trotting into seriously dangerous war-torn countries. I've always admired her for her work with refugees but she has 6 kids herself and she goes into some dangerous places which would frighten me as her spouse.
    the daily fail - as you put it - is wrong again. tmz has pics of them out at breakfast together on july 12.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I swear I was going to drop a Nancy Grace "Bombshell Tonight" meme in this thread until I scrolled far enough to see that Dougie had done it already....
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post

I thought they had an open relationship.?
    rollo likes this.

Wow.

Gold Member

If it is about the kids, I wouldn't be surprised. I've seen it before. Some people are amazing parents when their kids are young, but as the children slowly approach adulthood (Maddox is 15, 16 now, right?) the parent doesn't know how to react and starts clinging on tighter and tighter and tighter, which pushes the child away. The parent feels the rejection and the clingyness starts to transform into anger and they start lashing out at the children and the other parent. Then when you factor in that there's been talk in the past about Brad overdoing weed and alcohol ... I have a friend going through a similar thing with her husband right now actually (without the drugs and drink) and it's causing real strain on their marriage.
    Sassiness and MmeVertigina like this.

He seems like a flake, and she seems like a control freak. And they both are known to be into the chemicals...none of this is surprising.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

fgg

Brange. Done.

This is Angelina Jolie telling Taylor Swift and Kanye West’s wife that their pathetic excuse for Gossip Christmas was BARELY Gossip Christmas.

So, in case you haven’t heard, TMZ broke the news that Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt. Her lawyer is Laura Wasser – and this is key, because Laura Wasser also represented Johnny Depp, and TMZ was getting allllll kinds of insider information that favoured Johnny’s side in his ugly split from Amber Heard. Right now then, it’s important that you consider that much of what’s been initially reported by TMZ is going to favour Angelina. Which is that she wants physical custody of all the children and only “joint legal custody” for Brad. According to TMZ:

“Angelina's decision to file has to do with the way Brad was parenting the children ... she was extremely upset with his methods. We're told there was no alleged "third person" ... her decision to file was solely over Brad's interaction with their children.”

So, already, she’s putting it out there, some suspicion, that Brad’s influence on the children was concerning to her. Remember, Angelina Jolie is a master media strategist. There are few better than she is at this game.

Consider the timing of this. TMZ reports she filed on September 15th. Typically celebrities bury their scandals on Friday afternoons. She decided to wait. Wait until after the Emmys, wait until after Emmy Monday, when all entertainment and news coverage on the Emmys has subsided, and then, on a Tuesday morning, WHEN EVERYONE IS PAYING ATTENTION, she delivers on Gossip Christmas. And now here we are. The timing is not coincidence. Angelina Jolie wants full eyes on Angelina Jolie. Brad Pitt is about to find out what it feels like on the other side.

Before we get into it though, I want you to go back to a post I wrote back in June. The title of that post was “Smutty sensing the Brange”. So. So familiarise yourself with that homework, and what I reported in June. It was a heads up. It was a warmup. And, yes, there was more. I have more. But I also have two shows I have to work on so I’m writing as quickly and as thoroughly as I can in between rehearsals and script reviews and I promise I will have those posts up soon. If you’ve been reading my site for a while, you know sometimes it takes me a little longer because there’s so much to say. I apologise for this delay. But I also want to get it right. Hope that’s OK.

Angelina Jolie delivers Gossip Christmas files for divorce from Brad Pitt stating she is upset with his parenting methods|Lainey Gossip Entertainment Update

Smutty sensing the Brange

It’s been pretty stable between Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt for a while now. But US Weekly reports in its latest issue that there may be some tension between the two. Typically tabloid stories about the two are not all that reliable, especially from the lower tier magazine. US Weekly however isn’t lower tier. And US has generally been pretty favourable towards Brange. There are other reasons too for not writing off this account – we’ll get to that on the other side but first, these are the details.

As you know, Brange owns an estate in the South of France. That’s where they got married. That’s where their wine is produced. Apparently Brad wants to keep it and Angelina wants to unload it. For political aspirations:

Angelina is ramping up her efforts in the political world,' a source told the publication. The Oscar winner has been working with Arminka Helic, the British House Of Lords member. 'They share a similar vision.' said a source. Jolie and Helic have partnered up for a nonprofit based in the UK. And the Maleficent beauty has also been teaching at Helic's alma mater the London School Of Economics.

It looks as if Angelina wants to enter the House Of Lords. Only tax-paying British residents are allowed into the House. 'She wants to sell Chateau Miraval and Brad refuses,' said the source. Pitt owns a home in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles but it is not known if that is in her name as well and will have to go too. And though Jolie is slated for a Maleficent sequel which Disney confirmed this spring, a source added 'she has turned her back on Hollywood.'

There’s nothing here about cheating. About flirting with Marion Cotillard or thinking about Jennifer Aniston. In fact, what US Weekly is giving us is actually, from a front cover perspective, not all that scandalous – which is why it’s not a blazing cover story. That’s why, in my gossip experience, this is worth considering. The surface boring-ness of the story is precisely why it’s setting off my smutty senses.
    This is a portrait of a couple with possibly diverging interests – for her a life of politics. She’s been spending a lot of time with Arminka Helic, a British politician connected to the London School of Economics, perhaps Angelina’s link to securing a visiting professorship there – and certainly an asset to her if she is really wants to join the House Of Lords; Angelina’s language lately has suggested that a political future is not out of the question. Which speaks to lifestyle. And that’s a real thing in a real marriage – differences over lifestyle don’t make for the sexiest, most intriguing gossip headlines but this might be the difference between this particular story about potential Brange unrest and the others. In my experience, it’s also a teaser. Like a lead-in/warmup, to get us positioned and primed for more. I mean there’s no reason to panic, but let’s keep watching.

US Weekly reports tension between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie over their estate in the South of France|Lainey Gossip Entertainment Update
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

They were pretty much a Brand rather than a genuine couple for years now. A brand is about business. And their brand didn't sell (well now of course) and everything SHE touched came back with Karma, there is no need to run a sinking ship.

This is going to be nasty, Pitt can't have her letting raising the kids. She's a full blown addict.
    Little Wombat likes this.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

Surprised they split. And oh god all the bullshit that is going to come from this!

Girllllllll.

I'm confused. Don't you have to be a member of the peerage and a citizen (not just a resident) of the UK to be in the HoL?

off to google.....

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thread Information