Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt still aren't divorced!

No more quotes from me today!

Oh, I'm glad that Brad didn't say that. Because that was oversharing.
    I don't like Brad Pitt as an actor, to me, he is just annoying on screen. I did ike him in the Ocean's movies, but that's it.
    As a person, I think he is just another "dude", a pretty boy who has the right friends.
    I don't dislike Angelina, though. As difficult as she comes across, I think she is okay as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    yeah, i think that too.

all of this look very similar to my parents divorce. my mom was an abusive control freak martyr that got angry about something and my dad was a guy with a couple of defects that didn't see it coming. he became an alcoholic after that and we had zero contact for years.

i'm so sorry for their kids. i hope they have someone else (besides Angelina and Brad) looking after them.
    i'm sorry you had to go through that palta.
    Lofty Bike, fgg, czb and 5 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    like the situation with his teenage adopted “son” who’s neither his son nor adopted, wasn’t shady enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The story, and his defense, is just incredibly weird. Saying his dad wore a wire at the request of the FBI to bust this DoJ guy. And he actually NAMED the DoJ guy who is now an attorney for a high-powered law firm. As if Gaetz isn't in enough trouble, he literally just libeled a private citizen (McGee) on national TV by accusing him of criminal extortion. By the way, this story broke a DAY AFTER Gaetz said he would not run for reelection and instead would go work for Newsmax.

Plus, Gaetz looks like a character from Lazytown.
    Oooh the Gaetz story is delicious, I read he threw Tucker Carlson under the bus in an interview last night. Twitter is abuzz! I hope they both go down. Plus, if his dad really wore a wire, then he threw him under the bus too, and may have blown an FBI investigation. He's really not very bright.

Last week I think, he was still talking about his "adopted son" saying he allowed him to go on spring break in FL because the poor kid missed out on so much in 2020, didn't get to go to prom etc. Then someone on twitter posted that if you look at Nestor's profile, it says he graduated in 2019. Which is probably also a stretch *wink wink*

If this story gets any juicier, it's gonna need its own thread.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

he's a walking sleaze.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    i always get confused when people talk about angelina and her health issues. what health issues? she didn't actually have cancer. yes, she has the mutation so she had the preventive surgeries to remove her breasts and ovaries but i have 2 friends who did the same thing and they don't have 'health issues' because once they had the operations, they went back to normal.
    unless you mean mental health/addiction issues which there were rumours about back in the day.
    My friend had the same too. I read the article that Angelina wrote for the NY Times because my friend went through it. She got to save her nipples which many don't get to do (hence the headlights), so I don't rag on her for that. I remember something about Angelina mentioning (somewhere, years later) that Brad really wasn't attentive or insensitive at that time. Aniston said the same in an article during separation or divorce. I was annoyed with that W Magazine layout showing them in suburbia with lots of kids playing in the yard. Too soon even though it was to publicize Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Maybe Brad tunes out with pot and alcohol. He looked like he had alcohol bloat sometime during their marriage.

Brad hasn't been photographed with his kids for years nor has he ever had a publicized row and I've never heard of him being rude in public or being abusive to his women. Brad did a good thing for his makeup artist on HGTV, renovating a studio space for her. It was sweet and emotional. He was Brad, the chill dude. I've always been team Brad. Angelina appears to not have any friends, just her kids. That's what we get to see. I find that a little disturbing.

Here's the NY Times article. I didn't want to post it in case someone would get upset.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/o...al-choice.html

However, she may be human after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Really, wth is up with that? You'd get arrested for that shit nowadays. Same with Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
    Just inserting this in here. Peace and love, peace and love. Don was a nice young man, like Elvis.

Interesting article written in 1975.

https://www.maryellenmark.com/text/m...W-000-005.html

Thanks for the article Chalet. Interesting tidbit from there, Tippi downplays Melanie's face, and now we have an explanation for why Melanie might have went overboard on PS, trying to fix a face her mom called a "postage stamp". How sad:

According to Tippi, her daughter's only physical limitation is "her postage‑stamp face on that gorgeous woman's body." Melanie just pipes up, "I can't wait until I'm older and finally get my cheekbones like Mom's."

^^^What? That is just cruel.
    My mom was and is like that, too. I'm still carrying around tons of self-image issues because of her constant putting me down to make herself look (even) better. I'm just glad that I had no means for PS, I would look quite different, too.
    (Going to have a breast reduction in october if everything goes right, though. Hated this giant suckers for 45 years, it is enough)
    sputnik, palta and dexter7 like this.

She could have just kept it at gorgeous body (which means thin in Hollywoodspeak). I mean, isn't it enough that one or more of the assholes of the world are inevitably going to find something faulty about the way you look? Your mom is supposed to be the one in your corner who thinks you're beautiful no matter what.

But I don't disagree with Tippi.

I wonder if this kind of insensitivity is a generational thing, because I experienced a little bit of this too from my mother. So have a lot of women I know around my age give or take a few years.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

czb

i don't know if it's generational, but it is cruel. one of the saddest things i ever heard was donald sutherland in a 60 minutes interview. i'm not able to quote it verbatim, but the gist was that as a kid, he asked his parent if he was good looking. and the parent told him he was ugly. so if donald sutherland can repeat that in a pained way, can you imagine how much it would hurt a regular person? i can't even fathom that.
    Lofty Bike likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information