Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt still aren't divorced!

didn't jolie move in her with adult boyfriend when she was like 14? and with the full blessing of her sainted mother?

this stuff was a lot more common back in the day. or even like 10 years ago. and not just among celebrities, i know a bunch of people who had relationships that today would be illegal or statutory rape. if we weren't calling for them to be arrested back then, i'm not going to retroactively accuse them of that based on the standards/norms we have today.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

i don't think jolie's mom letting her beau live with them was normal.

NO WAY would i let my 14 year old date a 20+ year old guy. and i doubt my parents would've let that happen, either.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Where's the article on Brad hitting Maddox or having to be pulled off of him? Also, if there is a history of Pitt being accused of domestic violence or hitting his gf's, I'd like to see that, too. It's new to me and Google isn't helping.
    I don't think any documentation like that exists. From what I can remember of the plane incident it as "leaked" that Brad and Angelina were fighting on the plane and Maddox got in between them. I "think" Brad admitted to a shove. It's probably fair to assume Pitt was drunk at the time but there are no first hand accounts of this incident anywhere

And while folks point to this to "prove" DV, he was cleared by Child Protective Services and the FBI (although I think the FBI only investigates the whole "crime on a plane" thing so maybe nothing happened at the criminal level which doesn't mean it wasn't ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Really, wth is up with that? You'd get arrested for that shit nowadays. Same with Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
    Like Sput said, this was more common or at least not scandalous back then. Besides, Brad at 24 was probably mentally 12.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i don't think jolie's mom letting her beau live with them was normal.

NO WAY would i let my 14 year old date a 20+ year old guy. and i doubt my parents would've let that happen, either.
    not only date one but have him move in! My parent's wouldn't have either. I am not sure this is a generational thing but maybe a cultural one? Cultural meaning mom was an actress/artist/hippie type?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

California's age of consent has been 18 since 1913. And the only exceptions for a violation are if you are married. In theory, Don Johnson could have gotten in all kind of trouble for Melanie Griffith. But it appears there was very lax enforcement of the laws for a long time.

Pitt has been linked to everybody under the sun ever since he hit Hollywood. Robin Givens, Juliette Lewis, Jill Schoelen, Sinitta (???). Supposedly, Shalane McCall's mom denied that Pitt actually dated her daughter. They starred in the tv show "Dallas" together, and there are a bunch of promotional photos of them together. At the age of 17, McCall did marry a guy named Trent Valladares, though.

The fact it's taking this long to settle their custody arrangement indicates a lack of desire to come to an agreement - there are so many alternatives available for custody arrangements. Just seems like one or both parties is saying no. My ex-SIL did that with my brother's divorce. Whatever it was, she just said no. They'd come close to an agreement and she wouldn't show up for the hearing/court date. It took years and it was stupid because he had no money and agreed to her custody/support. My niece ended up living with my brother anyway because her mom was psycho.
    DawnM74 and palta like this.

Speaking of age of consent - breaking story:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/breaki...h-17-year-old/

BREAKING: DOJ Reportedly Investigating Matt Gaetz Over a Possible Sexual Relationship With 17-Year-Old

The Department of Justice is investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz(R-FL), who is 38, over a possible relationship with a 17-year-old girl, The New York Times claimed in a bombshell report.
    The investigation involves “whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him,” Times reporters Michael Schmidt and Katie Benner wrote in a Tuesday story on the matter, citing three sources briefed on the investigation. They said investigators were “examining whether Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws” by paying the girl to travel with him during an unspecified number of encounters two years ago.

I hate that slimy MF-er, would be great if this could take him down.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    didn't jolie move in her with adult boyfriend when she was like 14? and with the full blessing of her sainted mother?

this stuff was a lot more common back in the day. or even like 10 years ago. and not just among celebrities, i know a bunch of people who had relationships that today would be illegal or statutory rape. if we weren't calling for them to be arrested back then, i'm not going to retroactively accuse them of that based on the standards/norms we have today.
    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

Like Sput said, this was more common or at least not scandalous back then. Besides, Brad at 24 was probably mentally 12.
    Oh I'm not calling it statutory rape or judging by today's standards, just commenting on how much things have changed. No one batted an eye at Brad and Juliette at the Oscars, what a cute couple! Another one was Linda Blair and Rick Springfield, he was 25 and she was 15. Leif Garrett and Nicollette Sheridan, although I think they were a little more age appropriate.

I was a child of the 70s and don't remember anyone shacking up at 15 with some guy in his 20s. There were a handful who dropped out due to pregnancy, and had shotgun weddings that of course didn't last (except one couple who are amazingly still married to this day) but none of the free love, come share my bedroom at my parents' house kind of thing. Kids had sex when their parents weren't home, or in the back seats of cars like nature intended.

California's age of consent has been 18 since 1913. And the only exceptions for a violation are if you are married. In theory, Don Johnson could have gotten in all kind of trouble for Melanie Griffith. But it appears there was very lax enforcement of the laws for a long time.
    Yeah, I think as long as the parents of the underaged girls didn't object, nothing came of it. And Roman Polanski would've gotten away with raping a 13 year old if her mother hadn't pursued it.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Where's the article on Brad hitting Maddox or having to be pulled off of him? Also, if there is a history of Pitt being accused of domestic violence or hitting his gf's, I'd like to see that, too. It's new to me and Google isn't helping.
    PEOPE has alot about it, from first reporting it to Brads team doing damage control to the nines.

^^^^
    i always get confused when people talk about angelina and her health issues. what health issues? she didn't actually have cancer. yes, she has the mutation so she had the preventive surgeries to remove her breasts and ovaries but i have 2 friends who did the same thing and they don't have 'health issues' because once they had the operations, they went back to normal.
    unless you mean mental health/addiction issues which there were rumours about back in the day.
    Yeah, that. I'd guess an eating disorder, maybe drug abuse.

Brad overshared this:
    “My wife got sick. She was constantly nervous because of problems at work, personal life, her failures and problems with children.
    She has lost 30 pounds and weighed about 90 pounds in her 35 years. She got very skinny, and was constantly crying. She was not a happy woman. She had suffered from continuing headaches, heart pain and jammed nerves in her back and ribs. She did not sleep well, falling asleep only in the morning and got tired very quickly during the day."

She had at least 2 major surgeries to prevent cancer, that is not nothing.
    And I guess she had major PS, which would be on her, but it's still hard for the body.

IMHO her sickness had been a combination of physical-, mental- and drug issues.

PEOPE has alot about it, from first reporting it to Brads team doing damage control to the nines.

^^^^
    i always get confused when people talk about angelina and her health issues. what health issues? she didn't actually have cancer. yes, she has the mutation so she had the preventive surgeries to remove her breasts and ovaries but i have 2 friends who did the same thing and they don't have 'health issues' because once they had the operations, they went back to normal.
    unless you mean mental health/addiction issues which there were rumours about back in the day.
    Yeah, that.
    Brad overshared this:
    “My wife got sick. She was constantly nervous because of problems at work, personal life, her failures and problems with children.
    She has lost 30 pounds and weighed about 90 pounds in her 35 years. She got very skinny, and was constantly crying. She was not a happy woman. She had suffered from continuing headaches, heart pain and jammed nerves in her back and ribs. She did not sleep well, falling asleep only in the morning and got tired very quickly during the day."

She had at least 2 major surgeries to prevent cancer, that is not nothing.
    And I guess she had major PS, which would be on her, but it's still hard for the body.

IMHO her sickness had been a combination of physical-, mental- and drug issues.

This forum goes all apeshit on me today, I'm sorry.

^^^
    some days it’s like that. I keep waiting for the day when it breaks completely or won’t let us post at all.
    actually Pitt never said that. It’s fake and originated in some blog in Nigeria:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ter-went-viral

So all that’s left are rumours. And sure, two operations isn’t nothing but only the breast one is major, the oopharectomy is done laparoscopically and my friend says it was way less painful and invasive than the breasts. There’s this fiction that’s developed around her and people are convinced she’s a sick, frail woman when there is nothing to indicate that. It’s bizarre. I don’t know if it’s something she’s tried to cultivate it, or if it as a result of tabloid writers taking advantage of peoples ignorance of the fact that having the brca mutation and having cancer are two different things.
    I mean, she’s probably a narcissistic basket case but that’s par for the course in Hollywood.

Speaking of age of consent - breaking story:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/breaki...h-17-year-old/

BREAKING: DOJ Reportedly Investigating Matt Gaetz Over a Possible Sexual Relationship With 17-Year-Old

The Department of Justice is investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz(R-FL), who is 38, over a possible relationship with a 17-year-old girl, The New York Times claimed in a bombshell report.
    The investigation involves “whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him,” Times reporters Michael Schmidt and Katie Benner wrote in a Tuesday story on the matter, citing three sources briefed on the investigation. They said investigators were “examining whether Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws” by paying the girl to travel with him during an unspecified number of encounters two years ago.
    like the situation with his teenage adopted “son” who’s neither his son nor adopted, wasn’t shady enough...
    Last edited by sputnik; March 31st, 2021 at 08:20 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah, I can't see Brad saying that. Also I'm not a Brad stan nor do I have a problem with Jolie I just don't agree that Brad is that bad of a person that he's being made to look like.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^^
    some days it’s like that. I keep waiting for the day when it breaks completely or won’t let us post at all.
    actually Pitt never said that. It’s fake and originated in some blog in Nigeria:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ter-went-viral

So all that’s left are rumours. And sure, two operations isn’t nothing but only the breast one is major, the oopharectomy is done laparoscopically and my friend says it was way less painful and invasive than the breasts. There’s this fiction that’s developed around her and people are convinced she’s a sick, frail woman when there is nothing to indicate that. It’s bizarre. I don’t know if it’s something she’s tried to cultivate it, or if it as a result of tabloid writers taking advantage of peoples ignorance of the fact that having the brca mutation and having cancer are two different things.
    I mean, she’s probably a narcissistic basket case but that’s par for the course in Hollywood.
    Yeah, a false quote travels the world like 50 times before the truth can catch up. I'm not seeing any domestic abuse stuff about Pitt in People Magazine either. Maybe, it came from CDAN/"Entertainment Lawyer".

like the situation with his teenage adopted “son” who’s neither his son nor adopted, wasn’t shady enough...
    The story, and his defense, is just incredibly weird. Saying his dad wore a wire at the request of the FBI to bust this DoJ guy. And he actually NAMED the DoJ guy who is now an attorney for a high-powered law firm. As if Gaetz isn't in enough trouble, he literally just libeled a private citizen (McGee) on national TV by accusing him of criminal extortion. By the way, this story broke a DAY AFTER Gaetz said he would not run for reelection and instead would go work for Newsmax.

Plus, Gaetz looks like a character from Lazytown.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Yeah, I can't see Brad saying that. Also I'm not a Brad stan nor do I have a problem with Jolie I just don't agree that Brad is that bad of a person that he's being made to look like.
    yeah, i think that too.

all of this look very similar to my parents divorce. my mom was an abusive control freak martyr that got angry about something and my dad was a guy with a couple of defects that didn't see it coming. he became an alcoholic after that and we had zero contact for years.

i'm so sorry for their kids. i hope they have someone else (besides Angelina and Brad) looking after them.
    Last edited by palta; March 31st, 2021 at 10:42 AM.
    Lofty Bike and MohandasKGanja like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information