Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree569Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Married in France

czb

yeah, now that i think back, i do remember pain.

the pox were itchy but at least as an adult, you know not to scratch. i'm sure it must be really difficult for little kids not to since the itchiness is unbelievable.

I remember that doctor telling me to be careful where I touch because it will spread to anywhere that you touch on your body. That's an uncomfortable conversation to have with a male doctor when you are 16.
    sluce likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I had the chicken pox when I was like six. My best friend had it with her brother, who was my brother's best friend. They lived on the next street. My mom sent us over there to get it on purpose. I don't recall it being too bad. Ugh, now I'm afraid of getting shingles. Next time I go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, I may pay more attention to the 'get your shingles vaccine here' poster!
    Kittylady likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I had the chicken pox when I was like six. My best friend had it with her brother, who was my brother's best friend. They lived on the next street. My mom sent us over there to get it on purpose. I don't recall it being too bad. Ugh, now I'm afraid of getting shingles. Next time I go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, I may pay more attention to the 'get your shingles vaccine here' poster!
    Right now the CDC recommends the shingles vaccine for people aged 60 and older. I assume that means that unless there are special circumstances that insurance won't cover it if you are younger. I wrote something on shingles several years ago and it scares the crap out of me--just because of how bad it can be for some people. The older you are the higher your risk of getting shingles, and the higher risk of having a painful case.

With that said, my 30 year old niece just got it. Supposedly it is more common in younger people than was previously thought.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

czb

do your research before you get a shingles vaccine.

not sure what the age cut is (50? 60?) and it isn't as effective as other vaccines.

Well I remember having the pox and it sucks. I passed them to everyone at my birthday party. I had them EVERYWHERE, and I mean everywhere. On the positive side I got to take baths in that cool oatmeal like stuff. Having the pox is one of my rare childhood memories.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

To my knowledge I have never had chicken pox. Doc says it's possible I had such a mild case they missed it, but no one remembers me having a single bump. I had to be mindful when I was pregnant.

They don't give the shingles shot until you are over 60.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

I had the chicken pox when I was 17; now that I see those shingles commercials that say if you ever had the chicken pox, you're at higher risk of the shingles, it does kind of scare me.

My oldest niece, who is the same age as me, developed the shingles about 2 months ago. In her case, it was mostly in her head/face area; she even had some next to one of her eyes.

I had chicken pox when I was 17. I got them about a month before I graduated from high school. They sucked and I itched like crazy. I had a pretty mild case. I probably had twenty or thirty pox on my body, but I did have several on my face. I got a few nasty scars from the pox, too.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I had chicken pox as a kid (the spots appeared at the start of our second week of a holiday so Ma Kitty wasn't impressed). I wasn't too sick but I was a join the dots of calamine lotion. Thankfully it worked well enough to stop me scratching and I came out of it without any scars.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Do some research before you post instead of being so blinded by your hate.

Kasippu - those pics are aweful!!! I had it at 25 and never looked like that. It was still mild so I was lucky. I had shingles almost 4 years ago and was again lucky that it was on my arm, and mild. I have seen the photos of shingles on the face!!! Who knows what Aneglina looks like now though. If she was just getting them it could be a light, and then get worse over the next few days.

Sorry I know. I loooove gross pictures.

I actually don't care for the whole Sony/Jolie whatever deal. Of course she is a spoiled actress but show me one that isn't. I would prefer to know what they write about Kidman.
    I only posted here after I saw she had posted a video with her sporting the pox I expected something way grosser (like in the pics I posted) I know people get them differently, I just thought 'how Hollywood of her to only get the very mild version' and see what the GR thinks about this.

Elite Member

I had chicken pox twice as a kid, really badly both times. Theyy were even down my throat.

When my nieces and nephews had it a few years back I was the only one considered "safe" to be around them since I had such severe cases it was thought I'd not get it again. CP is supposed to be a once and done kind of thing.

My one BIL hadn't had them at all at close to 40. The Pediatrician recommended he stay far away as its dangerous for a man passed puberty. He moved out for a couple of weeks.

Fun times taking care of 4 pox riddled whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Do some research before you post instead of being so blinded by your hate.

Kasippu - those pics are aweful!!! I had it at 25 and never looked like that. It was still mild so I was lucky. I had shingles almost 4 years ago and was again lucky that it was on my arm, and mild. I have seen the photos of shingles on the face!!! Who knows what Aneglina looks like now though. If she was just getting them it could be a light, and then get worse over the next few days.
    Me too and mine was a bitch. I had a patch on my lower back that was about 4 inches and it blistered and burned like a bitch! I still have a little scar there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I had them on my right upper arm this past summer. They hurt like a bruise, took about 4 weeks and they scabbed up and disappeared, except for the scars. Both my folks had them way worse than I did on their scalp and forehead, and they both reported how much pain was there.
    lucky... my friend gets 4 little dots on her face ... anytime she's under stress, that little shingle patch flares up.
    Unless you're over 50, I think it's pretty much "frowned upon" to get the shingles vacc.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Right now the CDC recommends the shingles vaccine for people aged 60 and older. I assume that means that unless there are special circumstances that insurance won't cover it if you are younger. I wrote something on shingles several years ago and it scares the crap out of me--just because of how bad it can be for some people. The older you are the higher your risk of getting shingles, and the higher risk of having a painful case.

With that said, my 30 year old niece just got it. Supposedly it is more common in younger people than was previously thought.
    yep, that!
    Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    They don't give the shingles shot until you are over 60.
    actually, per CDC website: Shingles vaccine is approved by FDA for people aged 50 years and older. However, CDC does not have a recommendation for routine use of shingles vaccine in people aged 50 through 59 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I had the chicken pox when I was 17; now that I see those shingles commercials that say if you ever had the chicken pox, you're at higher risk of the shingles, it does kind of scare me.

My oldest niece, who is the same age as me, developed the shingles about 2 months ago. In her case, it was mostly in her head/face area; she even had some next to one of her eyes.
    yeah, that shit can blind your ass. frankly, i'm thankful that my shingles appeared on my lower back. made it difficult to wear pants because the waist line was where mine was located but at least nobody had to see it and there wasn't any danger to my eyes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I had chicken pox twice as a kid, really badly both times. Theyy were even down my throat.

When my nieces and nephews had it a few years back I was the only one considered "safe" to be around them since I had such severe cases it was thought I'd not get it again. CP is supposed to be a once and done kind of thing.

My one BIL hadn't had them at all at close to 40. The Pediatrician recommended he stay far away as its dangerous for a man passed puberty. He moved out for a couple of weeks.

Fun times taking care of 4 pox riddled whiners.
    OMG! poor you - for having that bad a case of chicken pox AND dealing with 4 pox riddled whiners!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

My mom had chicken pox in her late 30s. She was incredibly sick. The later you get them in life the worse they are. When she was in her 70s/80s she would get shingles. Painful as hell.

Thread Information