Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree569Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Married in France

Not tinfoil-y IMO. I've seen a lot of comments from people wondering why a UN ambassador who's traveled to a ton of tropical locations for both UN work and filming movies wouldn't have had had a varicella vaccine as a matter of course. This is a woman who basically imported a hospital for her own personal use to Namibia just to have the cache of having a baby there, and she didn't get a fairly routine vaccine in all her traveling? The timing is also a little weird - it's a bit convenient that she suddenly doesn't have to do PR right after the Sony leaks and Unbroken got snubbed at the Oscar preliminary awards.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

MANY people do not believe in the chicken pox vac since it is not an illness that is actually harmful for kids. I know very few adults who have been vaccinated. After 60 they do recommend the shingles vaccine for adults. I have traveled extensively and have never been told to have that vaccine.

ETA - You can see the pox on her in the video. I'm sure they are actually marks from her needles.....
    MmeVertigina, czb and gas_chick like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    A Message From Universal Pictures About Angelina Jolie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_FNAj15tdk

Universal Pictures

Published on Dec 12, 2014
    Universal Pictures today confirmed that Angelina Jolie will be withdrawing from public events scheduled over the coming days due to a mild bout of chicken pox. She intends to resume her schedule and press engagements at the earliest opportunity.
    I am actually vulnerable to Chicken Pox at nearly 40 years old. I had them as a child and was tested during a recent pregnancy and the test came back showing that I was capable of catching them, as if I had never even had them. I also caught Rubella twice as an adult although I was vaxed for it as a child. I have no personal opinion on Angelina, just wanted to share that fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    MANY people do not believe in the chicken pox vac since it is not an illness that is actually harmful for kids. I know very few adults who have been vaccinated. After 60 they do recommend the shingles vaccine for adults. I have traveled extensively and have never been told to have that vaccine.

ETA - You can see the pox on her in the video. I'm sure they are actually marks from her needles.....

What I know about the chicken pox vaccine is that it only reduces the symptoms when you go through it. So even with the vaccine you (well, I talk about children, that's the context I know) still get it, but maybe you get less spots. I could be totally wrong though. We didn't bother with the chickenpox vaccine.

I was only half kidding but who issues a video to tell the world they are sick? Also, the woman looks like she could drop dead at any moment so it's not a stretch to think something more is going on with her.
    rollo and Kittylady like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I'm 44 and have never had the chicken pox.
    They have kids, I kinda believe it. I had chicken pox in my 4th grade and my mother got it from me. Much more severe for her due to her age.

It leaves me neither hot or cold but I only sort of half believe it as it seems she only got the adorable movie star dose of the pox, unlike a lot of people who turn into a pepperoni pizza.
    (source) · 10 months ago

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

Elite Member

I haven't really paid attention to this story, but I imagine AJ thought or was told that she had had chickenpox as a child and didn't need to worry about it. Furthermore, it's unusual, but sometimes people who have had it get it again.

Neither of my kids got the chickenpox vaccine - it was just becoming available when they were at that age and I was vacillating over whether they should get it. While I was deciding my oldest caught it at day care and had a mild case, then the youngest (18 months at the time) got it and had a horrible case--all over her body and literally in every orifice. She was so uncomfortable and I missed a ton of work. She's 20 now and she has 2 or 3 deep scars on her face. Wish I had gotten them vaccinated.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

She's lying. Apperently her children will be at the premiere while she has chicken pox. How can they attend, wouldn't they have it too?
    The timing is so suspicious that the German channel RTL is actually calling her out on this stunt.

Tinfoil.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    The timing is also a little weird - it's a bit convenient that she suddenly doesn't have to do PR right after the Sony leaks and Unbroken got snubbed at the Oscar preliminary awards.
    I must admit this was my first thought too.

Pass the Reynold's wrap.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Gilmourgirl View Post
    She's lying. Apperently her children will be at the premiere while she has chicken pox. How can they attend, wouldn't they have it too?
    The timing is so suspicious that the German channel RTL is actually calling her out on this stunt.
    Do some research before you post instead of being so blinded by your hate.

Kasippu - those pics are aweful!!! I had it at 25 and never looked like that. It was still mild so I was lucky. I had shingles almost 4 years ago and was again lucky that it was on my arm, and mild. I have seen the photos of shingles on the face!!! Who knows what Aneglina looks like now though. If she was just getting them it could be a light, and then get worse over the next few days.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

i had chicken pox at 18 and looked a bit like the poor saps in kasippu's pics. i was really sick and bed-ridden for about two weeks. the pox hurt and it was horrible.

That stinks! I can't even imagine that. My pox were so itchy it made me crazy. I cannot fathom that level of itching all over.

I had shingles almost 4 years ago and was again lucky that it was on my arm, and mild. I have seen the photos of shingles on the face!!!
    I had them on my right upper arm this past summer. They hurt like a bruise, took about 4 weeks and they scabbed up and disappeared, except for the scars. Both my folks had them way worse than I did on their scalp and forehead, and they both reported how much pain was there.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information