Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt gave $8 mil to charity

I think it's brilliant that they're so generous, that's an absolute fortune to give and i'm sure all that money will make a real difference in a lot of people's lives. Good for them!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    But that isn't what happened in this case, is it? Again, rich people routinely endow universities and hospitals and medical centres and insist that their names be on the buildings. Those names are there for a whole lot longer than a press conference. Where is the outrage over that?

I couldn't say why people don't outrage over that . I am not trying to argue with you. I wasn't speaking about this case per se but in general as to the amount of times they announce their donations. I am not saying they are doing a bad thing for giving. I again applaude them for it. I also don't put much energy into thinking about how others give either but I think for me they are so overexposed and always "in my face" that at this point everytime they announce something it is to the point of being overkill and it seems to lose the "good deed recognition" that it deserves in my mind. Ever get to hear a story over and over again about how someone did this and someone did that and by the time they tell you about something else they did you just want to stand up and say " I don't care now get out of my face already" well that is how I am with them as a couple at this point. I am just saying that it is also nice to give to charities and not be recognized for it all the time. no harm no foul. I am not speaking about this one report but the many many times that their donations are announced. my post was in answer to celeb2006's question re: why shouldn't they toot their own horn. jmo. hope you have a wonderful day.

also as I said in an earlier post. the ones who really matter are the people benefiting from the j/p money. I am not attempting to take away from the good their money is doing. or that they are doing it, just the announcements I am talking about (way two different things in my mind)

remind me again why I come onto these threads ? oh yeah fun and entertainment. LOL
    Last edited by viggofan; March 22nd, 2008 at 07:49 AM.

So, AJ’s donations totaled $4 million in 2006. That would mean her income
    was only $12 million that year. Someone’s nose is about to grow again.

she says she donates one-third of her income to charitable causes.
    Posted By Anderson Cooper
    Source: CNN.com - Anderson Cooper 360° Blog
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I doubt they released this info themselves. They're too busy makin' babies.
    Please, those two famewhores have no shame. I have never seen anyone who seeks to profit image-wise from charity work like Brangelina.

More info here.... (but it doesn't seem to include amounts...) on general celebrities & the charities they support.

Celebrity Charity News & Information
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    The most generous people on the planet I'm sure
    I love the rolling eyes

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Please, those two famewhores have no shame. I have never seen anyone who seeks to profit image-wise from charity work like Brangelina.
    If that is the case (which I don't think it is) then by all means famewhore away because this famewhoring is getting money to organizations that are helping people and that's a good thing. The ends justify the means.
    The only thing I'm ever concerned about when it comes to charitable contributions is how much of each dollar goes towards overhead and how much goes to the real work.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    More info here.... (but it doesn't seem to include amounts...) on general celebrities & the charities they support.

Celebrity Charity News & Information
    thanks for the link I saw that link some time ago when I was looking up another celebs charity involvement but forgot all about it.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    I always looked at it as her way of calling attention to the charities and causes she works for. Of course they both love the attention they receive, but I don't doubt the validity of how much they care about impoverished people. Before AJ adopted her son, she was very weird, and into a lot of creepy stuff. But when she went to Sierra Leone, that all sort of changed, and she's no longer the same person she used to be. I'm not talking about her love life, because actions speak louder than words. I just mean her charitable contributions.

Silver Member

It good to see celebrities that give to charities instead of wasting their money on themselves cough Lilo cough Britney.

Elite Member

I admire them - wish I was rich enough to give 4 million away!

Both of them are doing a good deed here. Although each time they a make a contribution it's always released in the media. I'm sure there are other celebrities or rich people who donate but don't always get the this amount of publicity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information