Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt confirm they are having fraternal twins (fertility meds)

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Rosamund View Post
    I got curious and from what I read the answer is yes, fertility drugs can indeed help women conceive if they are underweight.

A study at the University of Adelaide in Australia looked at weight and its relation to fertility. The group of women that were classified as underweight had a rate of infertility that was significantly higher than the women of normal weight.

In some cases, reproductive technology can help an underweight woman become pregnant. Fertility drugs can be used to induce ovulation and menstruation.
    Can Being Underweight Affect Fertility? - Pregnancy - Families.com
    that might be, but that sounds experimental. i'm talking about what is currently being practiced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Doe View Post
    True, nearly all of the decendents in the tree were French-Canadian, except for Olive Wolfe (7 generations back) which was/is a surname in various Native American Tribes. Click on the link for the decendency.

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=tdowling&id=I107985
    So she does quite possibly have N.A. ancestry then. I don't see anything wrong with her claiming it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I'd be skeptical about anything Jon Voigt said. Especially about an ex he left ages ago with two small kids he didn't appear to give two shits about being involved with until one of them started hitting the presses on her own steam.

The fact is, there's no possible way to tell that Marcheline having NA ancestry is absolutely false, unless someone has traced every single blood relative of hers from both sides of her family. With her looks alone it's certainly feasible.
    I totally agree.

Also having a little chuckle about the idea of a 32 year old in good health who has been pregnant less than 2 years ago needing fertility treatments. Not likely.
    It does seem odd, but I did read something in I *think* People magazine (it was one of the seemingly more credible rags) about her going in for treatments. Why she would have to do that I don't know since she can obviously get pregnant.

If it's true maybe she did it because she wanted to have twins? Perhaps she wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

There, there. I know it hurts. But it'll be okay. I know just the idea that Angelina the 'man-stealer' might have come from an exotic ancestry besides just Euro whiteness is enough to make heads explode. I don't need to start making sense when it comes to her possible fertility too.
    I don't see why it's so out of the question either. There are soooo many people who have N.A. ancestry. There's nothing mythical about it.

It's entirely possible that she did fertility treatments to conceive these twins, her age has nothing to do with it. And there are a lot of different fertility treatments that you can do before you have to "resort" to IVF. If they wanted to get pregnant and she wasn't getting periods or not getting them often enough because she was too fucking skinny, then she could have taken Clomid (in pill form) to make her ovulate, it increases the chances of twins slightly, or if that didn't make her ovulate, she could have done injectable drugs without IVF and that would increase the chance of twins even more. Not every 32 year old (or younger) in the world can get pregnant naturally,even if they have children already.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    It's entirely possible that she did fertility treatments to conceive these twins, her age has nothing to do with it. And there are a lot of different fertility treatments that you can do before you have to "resort" to IVF. If they wanted to get pregnant and she wasn't getting periods or not getting them often enough because she was too fucking skinny, then she could have taken Clomid (in pill form) to make her ovulate, it increases the chances of twins slightly, or if that didn't make her ovulate, she could have done injectable drugs without IVF and that would increase the chance of twins even more. Not every 32 year old (or younger) in the world can get pregnant naturally,even if they have children already.
    I call BS to "too fucking skinny" and "irregular periods" as a hindrance to getting pregnant. Got two sons to prove you can get pregnant when skinny along with irregular periods.

I call BS to "too fucking skinny" and "irregular periods" as a hindrance to getting pregnant. Got two sons to prove you can get pregnant when skinny along with irregular periods.
    OK, it's great that it worked for you. It doesn't work for everybody. I know a lot of people with irregular periods (skinny or not) who cannot get pregnant, at least not as quickly as they'd like to. I had textbook perfect regular periods and was normal weight and young and needed help to get pregnant (not IVF).

Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    It doesn't work for everybody.
    Bingo. Plus, a woman's fertility begins to decrease in her late 20s, so that together with low body weight could definitely make it more difficult for some women to conceive.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Thanks, Jane Doe.

Yeah, not sure why she'd need to pretend. I was a bit confused by that poster's statement.

I had no idea there was some sort of epidemic of white people 'pretending' to be part N.A.
    There is. You see whiter than white people claiming to be part Native all the time, especially in Hollywood. I think they think it makes them seem more exotic. There aren't that many Native Americans in this country; it's probably more likely that most white people have a black ancestor way back, but you never see these liberals claiming black ancestry. Maybe they aren't that open-minded after all

Anyway, Jon Voight already said Angie's mother made up the Native American ancestry to enhance her exotic image with the public. Angelina is probably doing the same.

I guess it just seems weird that she would resort to IVF since she just had a baby less than 2 years ago, UNLESS she was just doing it to get some twins.

She wants a whole bunch of kids, but seems like I read that she really didn't enjoy being preg before.... this way she can get in 2 more kids with only one pregnancy.

Personally I think it's insane to have so many kids so close in age all at once, but to each her own.

Quote Originally Posted by mistify View Post
    yep I third this... We all have our opinions and some of us just seem to see through her saintly routine. I will just keep saying it, band aid baby, band aid baby, band aid baby!!!!!
    Hey Shiloh is not a band aid baby, Shiloh is the Band Aid Blob

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    There is. You see whiter than white people claiming to be part Native all the time, especially in Hollywood. I think they think it makes them seem more exotic. There aren't that many Native Americans in this country; it's probably more likely that most white people have a black ancestor way back, but you never see these liberals claiming black ancestry. Maybe they aren't that open-minded after all

Anyway, Jon Voight already said Angie's mother made up the Native American ancestry to enhance her exotic image with the public. Angelina is probably doing the same.
    I see what you're saying, but it's entirely possible to have N.A. blood and still be fair skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes. No doubt there are people out there who lie about it though.

As for the Jon Voight thing..... I don't put too much stock into what he says. He seems like an ass.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Jeez, just because some people don't like her, they shouldn't ASSUME that she's completely making up her NA ancestry.

Most of us in the U.S. come from several different lineages, and a very LARGE percentage of the population has at least some NA blood.

I'm Cherokee and Swedish, but I guess I must be making that up if someone decides they don't like me.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    The actress plans to raise her babies in France, to honour her late mother Marcheline Bertrand - who was of French-Canadian descent on her father's side ...

Could this statement be more stupid? Unless we've timewarped back to the 1600's, France has nothing to do with modern-day French Canadians. Next they'll be telling us that AJ's mother was instrumental in settling New France [Quebec].
    I totally agree. Why don't they move to Quebec if they really want to honor her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    AJ is only in her early 30's, she shouldn't need fertility drugs. I call BS.

And Butterfly, menopause isn't until you're like 50. AJ is a long way from menopause.
    My daughter had her first child with NO problem at age 30. they waited 2 years and then tried and tried for 2 and a half years. Thisngs changed. She ended up needing IVF. Age means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I'm gonna open this can of worms......

Isn't it ironic that in Hollywood the stars who have allegedly became pregnant with IVF end up with twins - one of each? Funny how all the other stories we see on Oprah, etc of normal couples who just wanted one and had to resort to IVF end up with 4, 5 & 6 kids. Seems like there is some preferential 'selection' going on in Hollywood.
    If you have IVF and you have had a child previously, they will only put in 2 eggs. That is probably what happened. Besides maybe it was Brad not Angie with the problem. My daughters husbands sperm went all wacky and they had to use IVF, and they got twins.

True, nearly all of the decendents in the tree were French-Canadian, except for Olive Wolfe (7 generations back) which was/is a surname in various Native American Tribes. Click on the link for the decendency.

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=tdowling&id=I107985
    in that case I'm related to royalty & half of Europe, inc Chilly.
    Seriously, does one person 7 generations ago mean that the majority of people quote that they have that blood? I thought that Americans' quoted that they were Irish/Swiss/Indonesian (for example) because of grand & Great-grand parents; or if they had a Scottish surname or something.... Its not something thats a big deal in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Jeez, just because some people don't like her, they shouldn't ASSUME that she's completely making up her NA ancestry.

Most of us in the U.S. come from several different lineages, and a very LARGE percentage of the population has at least some NA blood.

I'm Cherokee and Swedish, but I guess I must be making that up if someone decides they don't like me.
    There was a (UK?) DNA study that reported that X% (and it was a high % like 75% or over) had specifically Afro American blood (in the US), but not many people claim that.

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    If you have IVF and you have had a child previously, they will only put in 2 eggs. That is probably what happened. Besides maybe it was Brad not Angie with the problem. My daughters husbands sperm went all wacky and they had to use IVF, and they got twins.
    In the UK they only now use two eggs no matter what (at reputable centres, of course, who knows what these private centres do...)
    Free Charmed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information