Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt confirm they are having fraternal twins (fertility meds)

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    According to my NA friends, there is. I was talking about ancestry once with a Sioux guy I knew and added "and I have no Native American relatives at all that I know of" he cracked up laughing and said "well, sweetie, you're the only one. Everyone else is a direct descendant of Sitting Bull and a sixth generation medicine woman or shaman or whatever the hell, didn't you know?" Of course, that WAS back in the 90's.

I saw some huge family tree on some site recently for Marcheline aka Marcia Bertrand. I wish I had a link but I don't. Anyway, it was solid French Canadian for like twelve generations back. I think it was from ancestry.com and someone posted it on a board. I also seem to recall Jon Voight having once said that he and Marcia invented the native blood thing to make her more exotic to moviegoers, but who knows. She was certainly French Canadian, though, through and through. So Jolie liking France and French culture in general actually isn't too far-fetched at all.
    True, nearly all of the decendents in the tree were French-Canadian, except for Olive Wolfe (7 generations back) which was/is a surname in various Native American Tribes. Click on the link for the decendency.

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=tdowling&id=I107985

I'm 99% sure Angie did just like J.Lo :IVF treatment...Chances are higher to have twins when you do that.Especially at their age.
    Premier Gossip 24/7
    www.GossipBoulevard.com

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by GossipGuru View Post
    I'm 99% sure Angie did just like J.Lo :IVF treatment...Chances are higher to have twins when you do that.Especially at their age.
    Angie is only 32. A woman her age doesn't need fertility treatments to get pregnant with twins. It happens.

The fertility treatment story is nothing more than tabloid fodder.

I'd be skeptical about anything Jon Voigt said. Especially about an ex he left ages ago with two small kids he didn't appear to give two shits about being involved with until one of them started hitting the presses on her own steam.

The fact is, there's no possible way to tell that Marcheline having NA ancestry is absolutely false, unless someone has traced every single blood relative of hers from both sides of her family. With her looks alone it's certainly feasible.

Also having a little chuckle about the idea of a 32 year old in good health who has been pregnant less than 2 years ago needing fertility treatments. Not likely.

There, there. I know it hurts. But it'll be okay. I know just the idea that Angelina the 'man-stealer' might have come from an exotic ancestry besides just Euro whiteness is enough to make heads explode. I don't need to start making sense when it comes to her possible fertility too.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Why do people act like she's the only skinny woman ever able to conceive a child?
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Doe View Post
    Angie is only 32. A woman her age doesn't need fertility treatments to get pregnant with twins.
    Might she have required fertility treatments to get pregnant if she was underweight?

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

I think people just hate it when someone says anything negative about St. Brangelina.
    You'd be thinking right

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Rosamund View Post
    Might she have required fertility treatments to get pregnant if she was underweight?
    probably not.

women get fertility treatments if they are perimenopausal, have premature ovarian failure, for male factor issues (occur 50% of the time), or for other reasons. but being underweight is probably not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post

for male factor issues
    And there you have it. Missing balls would be a big contributing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    You'd be thinking right
    yep I third this... We all have our opinions and some of us just seem to see through her saintly routine. I will just keep saying it, band aid baby, band aid baby, band aid baby!!!!!
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Elite Member

I'm gonna open this can of worms......

Isn't it ironic that in Hollywood the stars who have allegedly became pregnant with IVF end up with twins - one of each? Funny how all the other stories we see on Oprah, etc of normal couples who just wanted one and had to resort to IVF end up with 4, 5 & 6 kids. Seems like there is some preferential 'selection' going on in Hollywood.

I ve lost interest in them ,i really dont bother to post in threads about them,i still read them tho.
    Sooo,i only post here to say,closeted fantards are the funniest..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I ve lost interest in them ,i really dont bother to post in threads about them,i still read them tho.
    Sooo,i only post here to say,closeted fantards are the funniest..
    yep funny as hell
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

czb

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I'm gonna open this can of worms......

Isn't it ironic that in Hollywood the stars who have allegedly became pregnant with IVF end up with twins - one of each? Funny how all the other stories we see on Oprah, etc of normal couples who just wanted one and had to resort to IVF end up with 4, 5 & 6 kids. Seems like there is some preferential 'selection' going on in Hollywood.
    the people who end up with >4 babies are NOT doing IVF, that occurs if they use a gonadotropin loading protocol, a different procedure. there is a limit to the number of eggs and RE will transfer and those parent usually end up with <3 babies, typically only one or two.

Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    probably not.

women get fertility treatments if they are perimenopausal, have premature ovarian failure, for male factor issues (occur 50% of the time), or for other reasons. but being underweight is probably not one of them.
    I got curious and from what I read the answer is yes, fertility drugs can indeed help women conceive if they are underweight.

A study at the University of Adelaide in Australia looked at weight and its relation to fertility. The group of women that were classified as underweight had a rate of infertility that was significantly higher than the women of normal weight.

In some cases, reproductive technology can help an underweight woman become pregnant. Fertility drugs can be used to induce ovulation and menstruation.

http://pregnancy.families.com/blog/c...fect-fertility

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information