Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Adopting a Syrian Orphan: Report

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    You know, I'm in Merkel-Land and from my perspective, the EU does something wrong. With all the money they have to spend on fugees, they could just go and build schools, hospitals, family centers, help the people to help themselves and enable them to stay in their country. I feel for every person who leaves home because it is unbearable to stay and I'm all for welcoming this people - but we have too many to properly integrate them here right now. I work at a school, we have so many new kids here who do not understand one word in german, with parents who have no idea how school works and what they have to do to help their children, some of the parents illiterate, most completely overwhelmed by the expectations german schools have. And while the german government talks and talks, we don't get interpreter, a second teacher in the room, smaller classes or any other help, so we probably won't be able to teach this children enough to give them hope for a better future. Makes a nice combination: poverty, frustration, no education, no chances. Oh, and let's not forget the f**cking neonazis, they have a well frequented pub directly across the school. That's the icing of the cake on some days. IDIOTS! who have nothing better to do than scream insults at small children. I feel that there is no solution, only regret about missed oportunities for everyone (and some really violent fantasies about Nazis from me personally).
    They can't stay in their own country while ISIS is roaming around.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

You know, what with the war and the killings and all....

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Oh, I'm not talking about people from Syria. Most people coming over the border are from Slovenia, Romania and alot of people are Sinti and Roma. They come here over Hungaria because they have no infrastructure, no schools, hospitals or any hope for their future.
    They are called "economic refugees" here, not a good term, that's why I didn't use it. ISIS is a whole other matter over here.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some plan to help the other two boys.......
    Lindsay, oh yeah. It's so much to try to research and understand. It's great that you are making so much effort to take it all in and get a handle on all the points of view.

You know, I'm in Merkel-Land and from my perspective, the EU does something wrong. With all the money they have to spend on fugees, they could just go and build schools, hospitals, family centers, help the people to help themselves and enable them to stay in their country. I feel for every person who leaves home because it is unbearable to stay and I'm all for welcoming this people - but we have too many to properly integrate them here right now. I work at a school, we have so many new kids here who do not understand one word in german, with parents who have no idea how school works and what they have to do to help their children, some of the parents illiterate, most completely overwhelmed by the expectations german schools have. And while the german government talks and talks, we don't get interpreter, a second teacher in the room, smaller classes or any other help, so we probably won't be able to teach this children enough to give them hope for a better future. Makes a nice combination: poverty, frustration, no education, no chances. Oh, and let's not forget the f**cking neonazis, they have a well frequented pub directly across the school. That's the icing of the cake on some days. IDIOTS! who have nothing better to do than scream insults at small children. I feel that there is no solution, only regret about missed oportunities for everyone (and some really violent fantasies about Nazis from me personally).
    I wish the neonazis would STFU. Some of these Euro nations are legitimately suffering, prime example Greece, and they truly can't deal with this extra helping of shit. And there are genuine concerns about security, ISIS, economic migrants hijacking the movement from those who are truly in terrible danger, etc., and all the stuff you bring up as well. Nobody needs stupid Nazis muddying the water.

Thank you for posting, Lofty. It's really cool to hear from people who actually LIVE in these countries about what's going on there.

Forgive me, but the idea of a Nazi pub makes me think of Monty Python.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Not Syria, no, but there are other Muslim nations much closer to home where they should be able to find refuge. Wealthy ones, too. But many of those desert countries, plus Israel, are being very self-protective and guarding their borders closely.

It must also be noted that Germany and Sweden, particularly, offer a lot of financial aid and other support. There are stories reported of refugees refusing to stay in other Euro countries which offered them hospitality but were too poor to include a stipend, replying that they were intent upon reaching Germany or Sweden because of the money. And now concerns are rising about where all that money is going to come from, since there are so many more refugees than were originally expected.....

Like Lofty said, there are Eastern Europeans on the road too, and gypsies, and I've read there are a lot of Afghanistanis too. Someone else as well, can't recall atm. It's almost like heading for Europe has "gone viral."

I don't care about religion myself, but I hope we are prioritizing Christian refugees because ISIS seems intent on slaughtering them most of all. Many pics of severed Christian heads out there, yep.

To return from my further thread derailment: yeah, I hope Angie can just provide for all 3 brothers and help them stay together. Her doing this is something we should've predicted!
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I agree with everyone who says Angie should sponsor all three instead of plucking one of the three and adopt him.

Elite Member

It's possible their other adopted kids have biological siblings still living in their home country.

I don't think this story is legit. But I guess we'll see.

Re refugees, it's such a clusterfuck at the moment and all I know is that something needs to be done. Our coastguard guys are beyond exhausted, all the time they need to operate to try and rescue people and they see dead children all the time. Imagine their mental state. People in Lesbos and Kos, the islands most affected are overwhelmed, just yesterday I read that the catering company that was providing food at the refugee camps had to stop service because they were owed millions of euros. We dont' have that kind of money. And on top of everything we get so much criticism for not protecting our borders. How do you protect your borders when they are so large and at sea? How do you stop dinghies from coming over when the people running them just sink them if you try to push them back to Turkey so it becomes a rescue operation. What do you do considering that it is not legal to enter Turkish territorial waters? And what is Europe's answer? Oh, yes, give us some control of your borders and we'll sort you out. Considering they forced us to sign to reduce funding to our military and by extension the coastguard. This is all sorts of insane. They created this with their open invitation to Syrians and all "Syrians" to come in and get a free ride in Northern Europe, or whatever they think is going to happen. And we are left as collateral damage. Is this the Europe we want? And of course we let them move forward, what are we to do with them? They dont' wanna be here, they don't want to be registered, they want out at the first opportunity. What is Greece and Italy supposed to do, just register and keep everyone because geographically we are the ones who get fucked?

Sorry for the rant but this is just unbelievable! Fucking fix it!

Elite Member

My heart really goes out to all of you in Europe and the refugees fleeing ISIS. I don't know what the answer is to such an enormous problem, but dear God I hope one is found soon.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I am sorry but i cant think of anything but my own country and people.Kids in our schools are fainting out of HUNGER.Pensioners dont buy medecines anymore,cant afford them.Suicides out of financial problems is a daily phenomenon..My people does not smile .We are suffering and we clearly need to look after our own.Our taking care of refugees is done out of deep human empathy.It is on our DNA.But surely there has to be a way we wont get the lion share of their burden..

Since Romania & Slovakia/Slovenia are both EU mem er states they are allowed to be economic migrents. However before you start your facist postings a out gypsies etc bear in mid that my Romanian friend left her homeland and ber family (elderly grandmother, young sisters) because it was
    COMPLETELY FUCKING UNSAFE FOR HER TO STAY IN ROMANIA due to the mafia etc. Her hus and had received regular death threats that got VERY specific, his crime? He was a policeman. These are the pekple you are calling economic migrents, because all you see is what you want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Half the population of Syria is displaced 11 million people.
    Oh, I'm not talking about people from Syria. Most people coming over the border are from Slovenia, Romania and alot of people are Sinti and Roma. They come here over Hungaria because they have no infrastructure, no schools, hospitals or any hope for their future.
    They are called "economic refugees" here, not a good term, that's why I didn't use it. ISIS is a whole other matter over here.
    Do you make your own armbands or do they give them out free?

You are totally ignoring the ongoing persecution of the Romanny/gypsie/Roma/etc, check your facts & broarden your outlook because there is ongoing "ethnic cleansing" in those countries.

Effie/Yanna - I am embarrassed & ashamed that our gov says we will only take 20k/5yrs. So.eone worked out that this is 6 people per politician's area. The UK could help with this issue but with attitudes like those above... What ca. i say?

For reference, as an employer, we have employed Poles over Brits because they have a work ethic that (some of) the Brits no longer possess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    I don't care about religion myself, but I hope we are prioritizing Christian refugees because ISIS seems intent on slaughtering them most of all. Many pics of severed Christian heads out there, yep.
    Isis is killing more Muslims than Christians. So I don't see a need to prioritize protecting one group over another. Are we saying the Christian lives are more valuable?

It doesn’t matter if you are a Sunni cleric or a Christian woman, your choice is to submit to ISIS or die. They're more interested in absolute power than religion.

http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Count...tember2014.pdf

Defectors: ISIS is killing Muslims, not protecting them - CNN.com

ISIS claims deadly bombing at Yemen mosque frequented by Sunni, Shiite Muslims - CBS

ISIS crucifies Syrians for breaking Ramadan fast - ARA News

Isis executed scores of children in a year of its caliphate | Syrian Observatory For Human Rights

I don't know what the answer is here. World war against isis maybe? I'm not being facetious, I just don't know.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; September 25th, 2015 at 08:10 AM.
    Iser, Kathie_Moffett and sputnik like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It was always going to happen when Gadaffi left power.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Isis is killing more Muslims than Christians. So I don't see a need to prioritize protecting one group over another. Are we saying the Christian lives are more valuable?

It doesn’t matter if you are a Sunni cleric or a Christian woman, your choice is to submit to ISIS or die. They're more interested in absolute power than religion.

http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Count...tember2014.pdf

Defectors: ISIS is killing Muslims, not protecting them - CNN.com

ISIS claims deadly bombing at Yemen mosque frequented by Sunni, Shiite Muslims - CBS

ISIS crucifies Syrians for breaking Ramadan fast - ARA News

Isis executed scores of children in a year of its caliphate | Syrian Observatory For Human Rights

I don't know what the answer is here. World war against isis maybe? I'm not being facetious, I just don't know.
    Thanks for the links, witchcurlgirl. Which make me sadder, and angrier, and more frustrated, but no less confused. As I said earlier, I don't remember a problem with so many tentacles, every path, every choice seems riddled with human and/or political landmines. I've vented plenty of times over do-nothing or moronic lawmakers, but this time, I feel for most of them.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

The difference between Christians and Muslims regarding ISIS is that while there is some form of Islam that is acceptable to ISIS, NO form of Christianity is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/ma...east.html?_r=0

The article does not state the age of the boys and which of the three Angelina wishes to adopt though only one speaks English.
    It also does not state what will happen to the other two which leaves room for a lot of assumptions.
    Surely though something is in place for the other two's well being because, knowing how much Brad and Ang have done in the past, I'm sure they would see to it that it's being taken care of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information