Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree341Likes

Thread: Andrew Getty found dead w/traumatic rectal injury + shitfestos

Doing anything to treat Crohns without first being properly diagnosed, and second being under the care of a doctor is like self treating cancer with aspirin. Trying to treat it with diet changes alone is dangerous. Dietary changes help some people, but not others. Not all sufferers have food triggers. Once you have proper diagnosis, you can work on treatments.

Crohns is not the same as IBS, and left untreated it might kill you. My father has had it for years, and has required three surgeries. It's not to be fucked with. Abscesses, complete blockage of the intestines, bowel damage, infection and tissue damage can occur

If you suspect you have it see a doctor, this is not a disease to p!ay internet physician with.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Doing anything to treat Crohns without first being properly diagnosed, and second being under the care of a doctor is like self treating cancer with aspirin. Trying to treat it with diet changes alone is dangerous. Dietary changes help some people, but not others. Not all sufferers have food triggers. Once you have proper diagnosis, you can work on treatments.

Crohns is not the same as IBS, and left untreated it might kill you. My father has had it for years, and has required three surgeries. It's not to be fucked with. Abscesses, complete blockage of the intestines, bowel damage, infection and tissue damage can occur

If you suspect you have it see a doctor, this is not a disease to p!ay internet physician with.
    A coworker came in my office last week and told me about his lifelong battle with Crohns. A few years ago, he had a small intestine blockage that he dismissed until he had to go to the emergency room. It turns out that his intestine had ruptured and he had peritonitis. He ended up in some kind of coma for a month. And when he regained consciousness, he weighed about 300 pounds from excess fluids (normally, he weighs about 180). He needed a temporary colostomy while his intestine healed. And now he needs to eat about 6,000 calories a day because his shorter intestine doesn't absorb all the nutrients that pass through it as efficiently. I just sat there with my mouth hanging open.

Oh that poor man. Peritonitis? He's lucky to be alive.

It's truly a terrible illness, and I wasn't kidding about the loaded gun thing, as your poor coworker's story illustrates.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Oh that poor man. Peritonitis? He's lucky to be alive.

It's truly a terrible illness, and I wasn't kidding about the loaded gun thing, as your poor coworker's story illustrates.
    It definitely woke me up to what people who suffer from this are going through. And I would have never known any of this if he hadn't told me. He is the fittest-looking person in the building - at 54 years of age. Now, he is super careful and super health oriented.
    Novice likes this.

I know 3 people with Crohns. One of them is very active, responding well to treatment and lives a productive life. The 2nd one, is unable to leave her home. The 3rd person I knew with this; I haven't spoken to in years, as she lost her mind, after refusing to continue seeing a doctor. Apparently, many Crohn's patients also suffer arthritis as well and this person was in constant pain, not only from the Crohns but the arthritis. When the doctor(s) suggested putting her on anti-depressants to help her deal with the chronic pain, she got offended and angry at all doctors, because she thought they were telling her she was "crazy". So she decided to treat it with some "cure all magic juice". The chronic pain from the absesses, fistulas and arthritis caused her to be in a rage constantly and she become very violent and there was no reasoning with her. I have no idea whatever happened to her as I and all of our mutual friends, cut contact with her because of her violent behavior.

So yeah. This is not an illness to screw with.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; April 15th, 2015 at 03:47 PM.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I know 3 people with Crohns. One of them is very active, responding well to treatment and lives a productive life. The 2nd one, is unable to leave her home. The 3rd person I knew with this; I haven't spoken to in years, as she lost her mind, after refusing to continue seeing a doctor. Apparently, many Crohn's patients also suffer arthritis as well and this person was in constant pain, not only from the Crohns but the arthritis. When the doctor(s) suggested putting her on anti-depressants to help her deal with the chronic pain, she got offended and angry at all doctors, because she thought they were telling her she was "crazy". So she decided to treat it with some "cure all magic juice". The chronic pain from the absesses, fistulas and arthritis caused her to be in a rage constantly and she become very violent and there was no reasoning wit her. I have no idea whatever happened to her as I and all of our mutual friends, cut contact with her because of her violent behavior.

So yeah. This is not an illness to screw with.
    I also know a husband and wife who both have it. If I remember correctly, they decided almost at the beginning of their marriage that they wouldn't have kids because they thought the possibility of passing this on to any children was too high.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I also know a husband and wife who both have it. If I remember correctly, they decided almost at the beginning of their marriage that they wouldn't have kids because they thought the possibility of passing this on to any children was too high.
    My ex-friend's Crohns (the violent one), got worse after she had a child. Her rage towards this child was disturbing. She blamed him.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

My ex-friend's Crohns (the violent one), got worse after she had a child. Her rage towards this child was disturbing. She blamed him.
    I was 9 pounds, 9 ounces when I was born, and my Mom always said I made her hips wider. I guess I got off easy after all.

They don't really know if it is genetic. Crohn's is more common in people who have family members with it, so genes may play a role in making people more susceptible. However, most people with Crohn's don't have a family history of the disease. Only about 1 in 5 people with Crohn's disease have a family member with the disease. So 80% of sufferers have no family history (recorded anyway, because we can really only look back so far)

There is another strong school of thought that a virus
    or bacterium may trigger Crohn's disease, but they don't know that either.

You guys still at it?Shit festo of epic proportions...
    Kittylady and BeantownBitch like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

^^ Blame Sput. She re-booted the thread.

Although the last page has been decidedly not gross.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

and the tags are epic
    sputnik likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Los Angeles (CNN)Andrew Getty, grandson of oil tycoon J. Paul Getty and an heir to his fortune, died of an intestinal hemorrhage and acute methamphetamine intoxication, among other factors, the Los Angeles County coroner's office said Wednesday.Getty, 47, who died March 31 in his Los Angeles home, also suffered stomach ulcers and heart disease, said Lt. Fred Corral of the county medical examiner's office.

The death was ruled accidental, Corral said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/17/us/andrew-getty-cause-of-death/?iid=ob_article_footer_expansion&iref=obnetwork
    So was it the meth or the ulcers? Maybe he took too much meth to try to deal with the intestinal pain, though I don't know why he didn't go to the doctor. I sure would if my ass was bleeding badly enough to look like I was ass-raped.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Urgh! I have stress-induced IBS (according to my dr who told my that pneumonia was a chest infection). You can practically time it, in certain situations."; so all you shitters have my empathy!

Andrew Getty died of haemorrhage, ulcer, bad heart and meth – coroner

Grandson of oil tycoon and art patron J Paul Getty was found dead in March at Hollywood hills home

Andrew Getty, the grandson of billionaire oil tycoon J Paul Getty, died of an accidental gastrointestinal haemorrhage and also had a toxic level of methamphetamine in his system, according to official findings.
    The drugs, a duodenal ulcer and heart disease contributed to the death of the 47-year-old heir to the Getty oil fortune, said the Los Angeles county coroner’s office.
    Getty was found dead on 31 March at his Hollywood Hills home. The Los Angeles Times reported he was found on the bathroom floor by girlfriend Lanessa DeJonge against whom he had recently gotten a restraining order. There was no evidence of foul play.

Getty’s personal assistant told investigators that the heir had complained of stomach pain for the past two months and had been due to see a doctor on 1 April, the day after his body was discovered.
    The death was ruled accidental by the Los Angeles county coroner’s office. A 2 April autopsy report concluded that Getty died from a gastrointestinal haemorrhage due to duodenal ulcers but “acute methamphetamine intoxication” and heart disease were contributing factors.
    Getty’s on-again, off-again girlfriend, who found his body, told authorities that he took methamphetamine daily and the coroner’s report said testing found the level in his blood was in the “toxic range”.

Andrew Getty, the grandson of billionaire oil tycoon J Paul Getty, died of an accidental gastrointestinal haemorrhage and also had a toxic level of methamphetamine in his system, according to official findings.
    The drugs, a duodenal ulcer and heart disease contributed to the death of the 47-year-old heir to the Getty oil fortune, said the Los Angeles county coroner’s office.
    Getty was found dead on 31 March at his Hollywood Hills home. The Los Angeles Times reported he was found on the bathroom floor by girlfriend Lanessa DeJonge against whom he had recently gotten a restraining order. There was no evidence of foul play.
    Getty’s personal assistant told investigators that the heir had complained of stomach pain for the past two months and had been due to see a doctor on 1 April, the day after his body was discovered.

The death was ruled accidental by the Los Angeles county coroner’s office. A 2 April autopsy report concluded that Getty died from a gastrointestinal haemorrhage due to duodenal ulcers but “acute methamphetamine intoxication” and heart disease were contributing factors.
    Getty’s on-again, off-again girlfriend, who found his body, told authorities that he took methamphetamine daily and the coroner’s report said testing found the level in his blood was in the “toxic range”.
    Advertisement

“Methamphetamine is a known cardiac central nervous stimulant,” said the report, which was made final on 12 June and obtained by the Associated Press on Tuesday. It was first reported on Tuesday by TMZ.com.
    Methamphetamine, prescription drugs and drug paraphernalia were found in the home.
    The reclusive Getty had said in recent court documents he was battling a “serious medical condition” that could endanger his life. He obtained a restraining order earlier this year against DeJonge, noting her behaviour and arguments between them, and expressing concern that “heated arguments can cause my blood pressure to rise dangerously”.
    Getty’s grandfather, J Paul Getty, died in 1976. He had merged several smaller oil companies into Getty Oil in the 1960s.

At one time one of America’s richest men, he was also an avid art collector who established the trust that funds the J Paul Getty Museum and other institutions.
    Andrew Getty was not the first heir of the oil tycoon to die in middle age. His cousin, J Paul Getty III, was kidnapped in Italy in 1973 and the kidnappers cut off the 16-year-old’s ear. The oil baron eventually paid a ransom reported to be $3m. Once released the teenager resumed a jet-set lifestyle of abusing drugs and consorting with rock stars until he suffered a debilitating stroke in his 20s. He died in 2011 at age 54.
    His stepmother, actress Talitha Pol, who had lived her own jet-set life, died of a heroin overdose in 1971.
    “The story of the famed Getty family is one of the most obvious examples that money, cold hard cash, doesn’t buy happiness,” Forbes Magazine reported in a profile in 2014 when it listed the combined family fortune at $5bn – 54th highest on its list of America’s most wealthy.

Free Charmed.

I don't have Crohns, but I do have Ulcerative Colitis, similar to Crohns and in the IBD family. Trying to treat IBD by yourself without consulting a doctor is just idiotic. I've been on quite a few different drugs to treat it. Thankfully, I'm in remission right now. Diets do help some people, I haven't noticed significant changes in my IBD based on my diet.

I was on Prednisone for 1/2 of my second pregnancy and was back on it about 5 days post-delivery. I had horrible flare ups after both kids. With my son (#1 kid) there was one time when he was about 9 months old, I went to the bathroom at least 20 times in 2 hours. Anything I ate or drank went in and directly - like 10 seconds later - went out. It was hell. But hey, I lost the baby weight because I wasn't eating or drinking anything

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information