Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amy Winehouse's dad in talks with her manager to commit her to the loony bin

Hope he can get it done. This girl is clearly mentally ill. I hope British law is more conducive to this than US law.

pfft, she's mentally ill cuz she got wasted and slapped somebody?

Ok, we're ALL mentally ill then. Wait, I'm bipolar! I have exhaustion!

Who the fucks pants am i wearing?!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm mentally ill because I still wear diapers and drink out of a bottle.

Silver Member

I agree, her parents really care about her but it is up to her keep clean of therapy. Still this is a sad situation

Hit By Ban Bus!

Good luck, Winos Dad!!

Finally parents who realise that their daughter need help

I don't think she's mentally ill. I think she's fucked up on drugs all the time and within the last year all the fame and paparazzi shit has gone to her head.

Now that she has proven she is dangerous to herself and others,maybe something will come of this. I'd rather the bitch get thrown in jail and deal with her addictions that way. She clearly dosn't think she has a problem so rehab/hospiatlization won't do much. She'll just keep hurting her family.

Gold Member

That waste of talent is just deteriorating before my eyes. She's deathly sick and know it, I think she's just in fyck it mode. You can't really help someone who doesn't want help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    I don't think she's mentally ill. I think she's fucked up on drugs all the time and within the last year all the fame and paparazzi shit has gone to her head.
    Exactly!! She's just another junkie. I don't think he'll have any luck with getting her committed.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn View Post
    I hope he is able to accomplish this. I hate to see Amy crash & burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    ^^It won't be pretty but then, it never is. I hope he gets this done. She's a great talent and I'd hate to see her end up dead.
    ITA
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Silver Member

I think her dad is as bad as her for being a fame whore to be honest. He's always blabbing to shitty tabloid rags about Amy's demons and what he's planning to do to her. Talk about doing your dirty laundry in public. Maybe he should just talk to her in a quiet room without blabbing everything to the tabloids? Her mother's just as bad. In fact they could be a full family of narcissists!

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by ingi View Post
    Amy Winehouse Dad Calls For Amy To Be Sectioned In Mental Institute
    by Staff

Amy Winehouse's father Mitch is seeking to have the star committed to a mental institution
    First of all, i am both amazed & very saddened by the above picture. (Like Sweetness said) Amy looks GORGEOUS!!! And this was only taken LAST YEAR (from the signs on the wall behind her), and we're only in the first 1/3 of this year!--so it wasn't very long ago. Look at the sparkling of life in her, now-dead-looking & sad, eyes! Look at her perfect, glowing skin! The healthy fullness to her, now gaunt & skinny, face. The look of PRIDE and HAPPINESS in her whole expression/demeanor, compared to the look of downright despair & sadness she usually has now. (That picture of her outside in the cold at like 4 a.m. in just her bra & jeans, crying, presumably in withdrawal & filled with despair, probably waiting for her drug dealer, still makes me sad to think of it.) Her now ravaged, gaunt, sunken, scabby face, here looks downright beautiful! I never noticed what a pretty girl with nice features she actually is.--or i should say WAS. Ohhhh, the things drugs take away from you. Sad, sad, sad. I am one of the few people who can relate to Amy & who feels bad for her & understands what she's going through as i've gone thru them myself.

TaffyMoon said:
    Can you imagine her going thru withdrawal? Eek, stand back!
    ^^It will be nothing short of unbelieveable torturous HELL. I myself relapsed on drugs for the few past months, and was up to taking up to 360 mg (no--unfortunately, that was not a typo) of Oxycodone a day (probably equivalent to a pretty good Heroin habit), and 1-2 grams of Cocaine a day. Yup, GossipRocks has it's own "Amy Winehouse-type Trainwreck" right here in the form of "GoldDust"! Anyway, not that anyone cares, but, i went through "cold turkey" withdrawal over the past 9 days (and am of course still in withdrawal, though the very worst is definitely over) all on my own, at the respite of my parents' house. Yes, i could've afforded rehab, but since no one in my life besides my parents even knew about my drug habit (not even my husband--i am obviously very skilled at hiding things, as well as keeping my life together pretty well despite being high all the time), i chose to take time off from work & school and do it on my own & not go to a hospital or rehab. Amy is lucky that she will most definitely not have to go through withdrawal on her own; she will have the best medical care available to her to ease her thru the process. IF she can make the decision to get off the drugs.

Anyway, i also wanted to say that while YES drugs can CAUSE mental problems, usually it is the other way around. Usually people that end up on as many drugs, and such hardcore drugs, as Amy, ALREADY HAVE pre-existing mental problems. That's what makes many people turn to drugs--to ease the pain of the mental pain they are experiencing. From interviews with/articles about Amy, i firmly believe she had pre-existing mental issues, probably Borderline Personality Disorder (such as myself).--based on her cutting herself from a young age; she's talked about being unable to deal with her emotions, and many other symptoms of BPD. -JMO

AND, i'd just like to add, getting off drugs is SOOOOOOOOOO NOT AS EASY as many people think it is. Even when you WANT TO get off them more than anything in the world, it's the most painful, torturous battle of a lifetime to get off them. And then STAYING off them is a whole other lifelong horrible battle.

And i'll end it by saying that: Amy, like myself & like Britney Spears, is fortunate to have a loving Dad that cares enough to help her tackle her very difficult problem(s).
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Amy used to cut herself, and more than likely still does. She definetly has some sort of depression problem, and the drugs and cutting probably help her cope in the best way she thinks.

golddust, i really wish you all the best and i hope you can make it and stay off the drugs.

and i hope amy can make it, too, but i'm afraid that this is a lost cause.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information