Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse: 'I'm so proud and happy'

^^That is a huge factor, I agree. I think she will ultimately ditch him, but she's clearly still besotted with him. Let's hope he doesn't do too much damage in the meantime.

you go amy..love this girl

Let,s hope he ll stay locked for a long time..
    If she stays clean,she ll get over him,and might stay clean for good...

^^I think so, too. Him being in jail just adds to the drama and "romanticism" of their relationship. Once he's out, that will soon wear off.

Quote Originally Posted by shesanartist View Post
    also, did you know that her favorite pub burned down last night? The Hawley Arms? Weird
    Betcha her daddy did it!

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I don't really care for her but I am glad to see anything that isn't rap crap win.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

I was so thrilled to see her win because I honestly hope that this success will inspire her to get/stay sober.

She is so genuinely talented - it would be a loss to music to lose her. I couldn't care less about the Britney's of the world cause it is just manufactured pop trash and you can put any pretty little blonde piece of ass up there to sing along and it will sell records. But Amy is truly talented. Her voice is simply amazing.

It's the ONLY CD I've had in my car for the past 8 months and I feel guilty singing along cause I really kill the music with my voice! Sorry Amy!!!
    vaya con dios

I didnt expect her to perform so well for the Grammys. I'm so glad she was serious about the Grammys now let's hope she gets well soon.

She doesn't deserve this. I mean, she has a beautiful voice and probably *is* the best singer now, however, she wasted her talent, the love of her family and of her fans on drugs and alcohol.
    I believe that prizes should be given to people of moral integrity, that can be good role models and not just be blessed with a good voice.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^Sorry but that is a load of bullocks. IF you based awards on the drug taking habits of the artists, I'd wager that roughly 80% would have to return them. Last time I checked Grammy Awards were given for talent, not lifestyle. And stop looking to famous people for role models. Look in your own life and find someone you can actually emulate. A singer is never going to be the person to model your behavior on and perhaps that's what we should be worrying about: the fact that people actually look to singers and actors as some sort of barametor of their own lives. What bullshit.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    ^^Sorry but that is a load of bullocks. IF you based awards on the drug taking habits of the artists, I'd wager that roughly 80% would have to return them. Last time I checked Grammy Awards were given for talent, not lifestyle. And stop looking to famous people for role models. Look in your own life and find someone you can actually emulate. A singer is never going to be the person to model your behavior on and perhaps that's what we should be worrying about: the fact that people actually look to singers and actors as some sort of barametor of their own lives. What bullshit.

Thank you!

I was so happy for her when she won!
    Hopefully now she can get her act together because she does have talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    She doesn't deserve this. I mean, she has a beautiful voice and probably *is* the best singer now, however, she wasted her talent, the love of her family and of her fans on drugs and alcohol.
    I believe that prizes should be given to people of moral integrity, that can be good role models and not just be blessed with a good voice.
    They already have awards like that, they're called The Christian Music Industry's award show.

If you want role models, or people of high moral integrity and clean living in the entertainment business then you're going to be waiting along time to find more than a small handful. The job of a musician is to perform and entertain. Look in your own life for role models to emulate, with a lifestyle that can actually relate to your own.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^ Who knew moral superiority was a requirement for making good music. Oh, wait, it's not.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Imagine all the music that came out of the 60's if it had come from a place of clean living and moral integrity.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information