Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse: 'I'm so proud and happy'

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    It's not really a cockney accent. She grew up in North London, but either way she sounds great, deserved her wins and I'm rooting for her to keep on making great music for a long time to come.
    I know,i said a trace of..if it was cockney i couldnt get one single word..

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Hahha...I remember my first trip to the east end. IT was for a pub quiz night and I obviously didn't get a single question right because I couldn't understand a single word.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Ι αm soooo Winehoused today...it felt so good to see her doing fine,i said in another thread how much i wanted her to get everything and she did..
    Yes,i am Winehoused today
    Me too, effie!!

I'm so proud of that girl!

Being a mad EastEnders fan I love Cockney accents and can understand them completely now. The look on her face when she heard she won, it was great. She seems to be so much better, due to the fact he's locked up if you ask me. Too bad he has to get released some day

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Being a mad EastEnders fan I love Cockney accents and can understand them completely now. The look on her face when she heard she won, it was great. She seems to be so much better, due to the fact he's locked up if you ask me. Too bad he has to get released some day
    I agree. She probably wouldn't have been able to clean herself up in time for last night if he was out of the slammer. I understand she loves that boy, but damn......

Oh Amy! I absolutely love this girl...I would kill to see her in concert in the US.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Well, there's a good chance he'll stay behind bars for quite a number of years and a girl can only hold out for so long. I mean, we all need our lovin'.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    She probably wouldn't have been able to clean herself up in time for last night if he was out of the slammer. I understand she loves that boy, but damn......
    The more I think about it, I become convinced that his being in prison actually reinforces his power over her-in her mind, she probably sees this all as very romantic in a 'you and me against the world' kind of way.

The only way for her to completely let go of him is for her to decide to break it off, independent of outside influences. Whether this will happen before she utterly self-destructs remains to be seen.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Well, there's a good chance he'll stay behind bars for quite a number of years and a girl can only hold out for so long. I mean, we all need our lovin'.
    I'm not so sure she held out, she was probably banging Doherty for awhile there and then her little vacay with an ex...
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm so glad she's getting her act together! I hope it lasts! I don't want to give up on her.

hope this ll help her bad habits,,so she dosent fade away
    i want more hits)))

Quote Originally Posted by maxeythecat View Post
    Her "appeal" is that she has genuine talent. She's not some insipid, pathetic half-wit with silicone for brains and artificial EVERYTHING who would'nt know a real artist if it sat on their face and wiggled...she can sing, she can write her own material, she's got a unique style that makes the Shitneys in this world so utterly insignificant and completely forgettable that it doesn't even deserve notice. Believe me, I'd rather have one Amy Winehouse in this world no matter what problems she may be having right now than all the Jessicas, Ashlees Paris' and Britbrits COMBINED. No talent, spoiled rotten with not one fucking whit of sense OR true style, boring, unremarkable and the absolute death of the music business...these fucks don't deserve shit for respect in my book and I hope they choke on their fucking Jimmy Choos and leave the biz to the ones that really REAllY deserve to be there.
    This is what I've been thinking for ages. It's the main reason I could give a rat's ass about the Twitney's and Chesticas of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    She proved all the haterz here wrong good for her all her demons and drug addictions are gone forever, you heard it here first
    Always knew Amy had it in her. I'm not sure her demons/addiction are gone forever, but when you have real talent, it's hard to keep it down. She will prevail one way or another.

Oh that video was lovely....her face! She looked like she'd just seen santa or something.

I too hope she sorts her shit out, she's one of a kind, that girl.

I was so happy for her I even teared up. I hope that this will help her straighten out--also, did you know that her favorite pub burned down last night? The Hawley Arms? Weird

A fire in London's Camden area devastated the legendary Hawley Arms pub, a favorite of Amy Winehouse and Kate Moss, this past weekend.
    "In a word, I'm devastated," Ruth Charles-Ridler, the pub's landlady, said as she arrived at the scene to assess the damage Sunday morning. "Everyone I've spoken to is in complete shock. This was a good community pub where everybody knew everybody else. It is a great loss to Camden Town."
    We'll have to have a drink for the Hawley tonight!

Sorry to be the voice of doom but I don't think Amy will ever be clean. Especially if she stays with her husband.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information