Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Blake wasn't much help.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I can't shake off the fact she she was adult, drugs were her choice, even though she was was addict. She was born with good health, had a bright future ahead of her, never had to financially worry again, and had career opportunities and life experiences that are never offered to countless individuals.

I DO feel sorry for her parents, seeing their daughter fight these demons and feeling like they couldn't do anything about it. I DO feel sorry for those Norwegians at the wrong place at the wrong time and I DO feel sorry for the Africans walking for days in the desert sun just to drink a DROP of water and I feel sorry for the baby being born in a hospital right now that will be mentally retarded or physically handicapped, and require lifetime care.

I am sad we lost a talented singer, but I don't feel sorry for her choices--may she find the peace in death she couldn't find in life.
    Ditto. And I would say the same things about other famous music stars that wasted their lives and talent the same way - some of them in that 27 years club that came up earlier in this thread.

I want to crack Kelly Osbourne's kneecap for her twitter.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I want to crack Kelly Osbourne's kneecap for her twitter.
    I really despise her.

Her poor parents. I am sure both resigned themselves to this years back. That will not make it any easier on them. 27. But just to see her was to wonder how much more her body could take.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i also feel bad for her God daughter.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Remember when they thought she had emphysema but it turned out to be early warning signs? At like 24? The chick was a walking corpse... I'm legitimately shocked she lasted this long.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I have to say that i never really liked her music
    Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I didn't like her music either. Thought she was horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    Although she was talented, she was never of the same caliber as the other members of the 27 club, including Brian Jones, who is often forgotten as the first one to go after Robert Johnson.
    Oh fuck all ya'll!

(I say this with love.)

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    One of my favorite live performances of all time: Amy at the Mercury Awards in 2007. Brilliant.

[youtube]IbzUGoT-0TI[/youtube]
    That's the performance that brings tears to my eyes.

Singer, songwriter, musician, jesus people what do you want, more pop stars in a can? Fine, that's what the music industry will give you.

Amy Winehouse reeked of talent. I'm so pissed she's dead.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i also feel bad for her God daughter.
    Her god daughter still went on stage and performed tonight, apparently. Brave girl.

Celebs are so unintentionally hilarious:

Amy Winehouse Remembered By Rihanna, Usher, More
    'I am genuinely heartbroken about this,' Rihanna tweets. 'Gone too soon,' Usher writes.

By Jason Kaufman, with reporting by Kara Klenk

As news spread that 27-year-old Amy Winehouse was dead, stars immediately tweeted out their shocked reactions and remorse over the talent lost.

"I am genuinely heartbroken about this," wrote Rihanna, who continued to express her shock over multiple tweets on Saturday (July 23). "Dear God have mercy!!! I am SICK about this right now!" In another, she wrote "U made a MAJAH impression on this industry and throughout the world, in such a short space of time...too short!"

Usher reflected on Winehouse, who he had known: "I'm so sad to hear the horrible news of Amy Winehouse's death. I'm so happy I knew you Amy...Rest Well. Gone Too Soon...we'll miss you!!""

Frequent tweeter Kim Kardashian used her 140 characters to send prayers: "I just heard the news that Amy Winehouse passed away. What a true talent. I pray she's in a better place & at peace."

Meanwhile, Ryan Seacrest showed Winehouse's impact on the music industry, singling out both Lady Gaga and Adele as those who had been influenced. "Sad to lose Amy Winehouse - incred talent. Both @LadyGaga & @OfficialAdele say Amy paved way for them."

Dr. Drew focused on the singer's well-documented struggles with addiction. "SO sad, another lost to addiction. A reminder this is often a fatal condition. Recovery is possible, but sadly not for Amy Winehouse."

Many More Stars Are Reacting. Check Back To See Who Else Has Weighed In:

Leann Rimes: "RIP Amy Winehouse. So sad to see such a talent gone and her life end in tragedy. This makes me terribly sad."

Khloe Kardashian: "Wow! I just heard about Amy Winehouse passing away! Wow! So sad what an amazing talent"

Ashton Kutcher: "Rip amy winehouse"

Big Boi: "Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and now Amy Winehouse. All died aged 27. RIP to you all."

Kelly Osbourne: "i cant even breath right my now im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. i love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!"

Rick Ross: "Wanted to collab w/ Amy Winehouse...r.i.p...smoking 1 in your memoryyy!!"

Janelle Monae: "heart is heavy. My heart goes out 2 Amy Winehouse's family, loved ones. Praying for their strength during this time."

Ricky Martin (in His Native Spanish): "Me acabo de enterar. Que dolor y que coraje. Es muy fuerte. Descansa colega, descansa. ERES LIBRE!"
    Amy Winehouse Remembered By Rihanna, Usher, More - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV

sad to hear this news but not surprising

had alot of talent and now too suddenly she is gone

damn what is it with all these great artists dying at 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Damn, sad, I really liked her music. Guess it was inevitable though.

So sad
    RIP Amy

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

from a person on FB

“SO sad, another lost to addiction. A reminder this is often a fatal condition. Recovery is possible, but sadly not for Amy Winehouse” — Dr. Drew Pinsky

Dr. Drew nailed it again. When are people going to wake up and see that drugs and alcohol are poison that ruin lives and communities??? Sad.

oh that pesky Dr Drew.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information