Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Gold Member

I'm not shocked that this could happen but shocking that it actually did.

Amy never blamed it on the black kid. Enough said.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I can't shake off the fact she she was adult, drugs were her choice, even though she was was addict. She was born with good health, had a bright future ahead of her, never had to financially worry again, and had career opportunities and life experiences that are never offered to countless individuals.

I DO feel sorry for her parents, seeing their daughter fight these demons and feeling like they couldn't do anything about it. I DO feel sorry for those Norwegians at the wrong place at the wrong time and I DO feel sorry for the Africans walking for days in the desert sun just to drink a DROP of water and I feel sorry for the baby being born in a hospital right now that will be mentally retarded or physically handicapped, and require lifetime care.

I am sad we lost a talented singer, but I don't feel sorry for her choices--may she find the peace in death she couldn't find in life.
    Go Habs Go!!

What a sad end to such a tortured life. It has to be miserable to watch your child go down such a haunting path. Her poor parents.

My daughter and I have been talking about the horrors of drugs lately. I might have to show her that before and after photo a page or two back. Hard to believe it's the same girl.

At some point addiction doesn't become a choice. It's tough to stay sober once you cross that threshold. She liked her drink and drugs, she didn't hide it or make excuses. I like her better than Blohan.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I don't know about it being a cursed age.

To me it makes a bizarre amount of sense in a scientific way. Most people who live that way started acting out around age 15-18. So age 27 is just over or under a decade of straight-up abusing your body. It can only take so much before it gives up.

ETA-

True. You always saw her hugging people and complimenting them in her performances, even when she was so wasted she couldn't stand up straight. There was obviously a whole lot of love for others in her.
    I saw a program where she saw people queuing for a guerilla concert of hers & she was totally overwhealmed that peope where waiting to buy tickets & actually handing money over to see her.
    Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Oh that is so sad about her father not knowing before everyone else did

RIP Amy
    Sad. It happens to the parents of our war dead too, a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    At some point addiction doesn't become a choice. It's tough to stay sober once you cross that threshold. She liked her drink and drugs, she didn't hide it or make excuses. I like her better than Blohan.
    There was a lot of talk around 2007/8 about her record label & how labels have supplied to keep the goose laying the golded eggs, amd now not so much providing the drugs, but pushing for work & not letting up on the stresses that one would need to kick the habit.
    Free Charmed.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    True. Like everyone else, i'm not really surprised at this news, but for some reason, i can't stop crying about it. I feel absolutely pathetic. Maybe it's because when my sister was struggling with her alcoholism, i went throught that process of already mourning her death, resigned to the fact that it was going to happen. My sister's not a bad person, she just became addicted to alchohol and couldn't stop no matter how much she wanted to, and no matter how much we loved and supported her. Thankfully, she got sober. And thankfully i did too. But there are many who just can't get it. I've lost people to addictions and it just fucking sucks.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I can't shake off the fact she she was adult, drugs were her choice, even though she was was addict. She was born with good health, had a bright future ahead of her, never had to financially worry again, and had career opportunities and life experiences that are never offered to countless individuals.

I DO feel sorry for her parents, seeing their daughter fight these demons and feeling like they couldn't do anything about it. I DO feel sorry for those Norwegians at the wrong place at the wrong time and I DO feel sorry for the Africans walking for days in the desert sun just to drink a DROP of water and I feel sorry for the baby being born in a hospital right now that will be mentally retarded or physically handicapped, and require lifetime care.

I am sad we lost a talented singer, but I don't feel sorry for her choices--may she find the peace in death she couldn't find in life.
    I don't think this is really fair. She admitted having depression, self-injury, and an eating disorder. The great and glorious Wikipedia tells me that her family thinks she started spiraling after her grandma died. Mix in mental disorders, inner turmoil, loss, and the stress of fame... yeah, you'll get a self-medicating trainwreck. People self-medicate for a lot less than that. Then once addiction sets in, it can be impossible to kick. I feel so, so bad for her because I think she tried really hard to get out of that black hole and it sounds like she knew deep down that she wouldn't make it. So yeah, starting drugs was her choice, and you could argue that not getting better was her choice, but sometimes there's just a deadly combination of factors that you don't see coming until it's too late. I'm not excusing anything she died, but you shouldn't be so quick to discount her mental issues, and I think it's perfectly fine to feel some sympathy for her.

I do feel pretty horrified about her dad traveling when the news broke. What, did he find out on the plane? Or was the news just there waiting for him when he landed? Ugh.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post

I feel bad for the Norwegians and the little children and desert walkers, but they're nameless, faceless people to me and I don't care that much, it is impersonal. I have both Amy's CDs and she enriched my life, I'm gonna care more about her. Hell,you can even care for all of the above!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

pick one!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Damn, I'm really depressed about this. When I told my mom she started crying, she really liked Amy.

And I know it's been mentioned, but Linsday was the first person I thought of. However awful it is, I'd so much rather it be her than Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    pick one!
    I care about the plight of the Eastern Mozambique Gay Trucker's Association.

Silver Member

This news has me feeling really down too, but I'm not at all surprised. What a sad waste of what started out as some real talent. 27 is YOUNG. Our son and daughter are older than that! That 27 club thing is thoroughly creepy.

I watched her on this site the last several years and the deterioration of her was unbelievable, she could be a poster child for "faces of meth" or whatever else God-awful stuff she put in her body.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    I do feel pretty horrified about her dad traveling when the news broke. What, did he find out on the plane? Or was the news just there waiting for him when he landed? Ugh.
    You'd think they'd have to tell him on the plane. As wouldn't people see the news on their mobiles, and imagine him overhearing that his daughter had died!

I dont know much about her but I've always been curious about her past... She clearly had "demons" she couldn't overcome and felt she had to medicate herself constantly. So sad

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information