Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Her dad appears to have lost significant weight. WTF is her mother smiling about??
    Maybe she's spotted someone she knows. Is she not allowed to smile ever again?

In general, fine, whatever. But at an inquest into HER DAUGHTER'S DEATH??? And that's not just a smile, that's a GRIN. Seems odd at the very least, but to each their own.

I figured there were probably fans lined up and cheering or saying nice things as they walked in. Her smile is a reminder that life goes on.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Sad. She actually looked quite pretty and healthy in this photo. Better than she'd looked in years.

Information relating to today's inquest was sent to the wrong address, police admitted yesterday.

It was later handed into a police station in north London.
    Well-done, random person. Thank you for being decent, whomever you are. Everyone was betting it would be leaked to the media because of that oversight.

Death By Misadventure. I'd like that on my tombstone.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

So she pulled a Leaving Las Vegas and drank herself to death? NO illegal drugs? But what about prescription drugs?

I don't drink often but when I do I tend to binge drink. Now I'm worried

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    So she pulled a Leaving Las Vegas and drank herself to death? NO illegal drugs? But what about prescription drugs?

I don't drink often but when I do I tend to binge drink. Now I'm worried
    It was the drink that killed her. I don't think they've said if she had any prescription drugs in her but they weren't the cause of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Maybe she's spotted someone she knows. Is she not allowed to smile ever again?
    Personally, I think it's a bit odd to have such a HUGE grin while heading to the inquest of your daughter's death.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    In general, fine, whatever. But at an inquest into HER DAUGHTER'S DEATH??? And that's not just a smile, that's a GRIN. Seems odd at the very least, but to each their own.
    That's exactly what I meant.

i don't understand why her father keeps insisting on the fact that she had no illegal drugs in her system, as if it's somehow better to drink yourself to death because it's legal?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't understand why her father keeps insisting on the fact that she had no illegal drugs in her system, as if it's somehow better to drink yourself to death because it's legal?
    Speaking as a parent, I think he might see it as a small triumph for Amy. At this point they are struggling to see some wee bit of positive and something to be a bit proud of, that no hard drugs were found. The outcome will remain the same of course, but he is pleased with the no hard drugs thing.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm going to defend her mother and say she's almost certainly on anti-depressants and very anxious at this time. Therefore the smile is either a fixed grin to get herself through this or some paps or fans were being supportive and she 'smiled' and braced herself as she was going into the coroner's court. Nothing more to be made of it than that.

^^ Thank you. It's not like she's smiling because her baby is dead.

Poor Amy... yeah she drank herself to death, but at least she did her best to overcome the heavy illegal drugs. Giving up everything at once would likely be a difficult feat for any human being suffering from various addictions.

Bronze Member

I'm going to defend her mother and say she's almost certainly on anti-depressants and very anxious at this time. Therefore the smile is either a fixed grin to get herself through this or some paps or fans were being supportive and she 'smiled' and braced herself as she was going into the coroner's court. Nothing more to be made of it than that.
    Ya definitely -- I can't judge peoples' reactions when they're dealing with the deaths of close friends or family. Everyone shows their feelings differently, especially when they are under public pressure.

I was watching a clip on youtube of Paul McCartney's reaction to the media after John Lennon's death - he said something like 'It's a drag,' and got a lot of flack in the media about it. But looking back, it's obvious he was in shock and couldn't think clearly enough to present himself any better.

You know, I was looking at some circulars over the weekend. For some reason, I even scanned some flyers that I generally ignore because I don't like shopping.

If Mr. Pip, Bill, and I didn't have to eat, I'd happily forgo the grocery shopping, too.

Anyway, one of the flyers I was reading was for a party company. They have balloons, all sorts of party stuff and because it's Halloween, the company is also offering costumes for sale.

I saw an Amy Winehouse wig that the company was promoting, and I just didn't know what to think. I was pretty upset about it for some reason. Perhaps the tacky advertising in the company flyer made Amy Winehouse's life seem unimportant. And that awful wig that they were selling -- you know that it was a very cheap number with bangs, shoulder to mid-back length hair and the beehive. Lord only knows what the thing was made of.

It looked so cheap and hideous. It looked as if it might have been made from horrible black plastic thin strings. Real garbage.

There was a photo of Amy wearing the same hairstyle accompanying the ad, the photo also spotlighted Amy's famous winged eyeliner. Where did a tawdry company get permission to use her image, I should like to ask?

If I was related to her, I'd be asking some questions!

Meh. People have been dressing up as Marilyn Monroe and Elvis without their estate's permission for years, it's not a big deal.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Thread Information