Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

The tox report is back and according to the family, it was alcohol and not hard drugs. So everyone suspects prescription drugs. But the inquest is not until October.

Amy Winehouse's Dad
    Rx Drug In Her System
    When She Died

Amy Winehouse's father claims there was one drug found in the singer's system when she died -- but he insists ... Amy had a prescription for it.

In an interview on Anderson Cooper's new talk show -- which airs Monday -- Mitch Winehouse admits Amy was taking a drug called Librium, which he describes as a drug for detoxing alcoholics.

According to Mitch, she had a prescription for it -- to help prevent seizures -- and she took one dose daily.

Unfortunately, Mitch says it didn't work like it was supposed to -- telling Anderson, he believes Amy died from an alcohol detox seizure ... and "there was nobody there to rescue her."

Mitch still insists there were ZERO illegal drugs in his daughter's system at the time of her death -- adding, "We really felt we were out of the woods. We saw the light at the end of the tunnel."

Source: Amy Winehouse's Dad: Rx Drug In Her System When She Died | TMZ.com

Librium is a sedative and not one of the strong ones. However, Combined with alcohol or other drugs it could be toxic (not neccesary lethal). So, I doubt this is the cause of death. However, I am sure there is alot they don't release to the media.

If she indeed was detoxing and prone to seizures she shouldn't have been left alone.
    Last edited by Dubah; September 9th, 2011 at 10:30 PM.

Librium is prescribed for alcohol withdrawal. My mother was prescribed it when she was deemed terminal. Her doctor told me that if she were to drink while on it, it could cause her seizures and possibly could kill her.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    Librium is prescribed for alcohol withdrawal. My mother was prescribed it when she was deemed terminal. Her doctor told me that if she were to drink while on it, it could cause her seizures and possibly could kill her.
    I think that's the answer. She drank that night while taking these meds. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty View Post
    Mitch still insists there were ZERO illegal drugs in his daughter's system at the time of her death -- adding, "We really felt we were out of the woods. We saw the light at the end of the tunnel."
    There was, and she went toward it.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Alcohol detox is a short time to begin with. I took it and was in and out of detox in 3 days.....then again, I didn't drink. What demons did she have that she couldn't overcome?
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Watched the interview today on Anderson's new daytime show. It is heartbreaking still to see how devestated Mitch is.

They did manage to get a website also, www.amywinehousefoundation.co.uk so that's good.

Apparently the formal inquest is set to resume on the 26th, and in the meantime, more weird screwups...

Amy Winehouse inquest report sent to wrong address | Music | The Guardian

Amy Winehouse inquest report sent to wrong address

Documents believed to contain information relating to how 27-year-old singer died handed in at London police station

by Sam Jones
    Amy Winehouse inquest report sent to wrong address

Documents believed to contain information relating to how 27-year-old singer died handed in at London police station

• Monday 24 October 2011 06.11 EDT Amy Winehouse: the inquest into her death is due to reopen this week. Photograph: Matt Dunham/AP

Police are investigating how a report into the death of Amy Winehouse came to be sent to the wrong address.
      The report believed to contain material relating to the inquest into how the singer died should have been dispatched to Winehouse's family, but was instead handed in at a London police station last week.
      A spokesman for the Metropolitan police said: "Police were informed on Friday 21 October that material relating to a forthcoming inquest may have been delivered to an incorrect address. On Friday evening, material was handed in at a north London police station. Inquiries are now under way to establish the full circumstances of this matter."
      The singer, who was 27, was found dead in her home in north London on 23 July. The inquest into her death was opened and adjourned on 25 July and is due to reopen on Wednesday.
      An initial postmortem examination proved inconclusive, but the Winehouse family later said toxicology tests had confirmed that no drugs were found in her system at the time of her death.
      "Results indicate that alcohol was present, but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death," a family statement said.
      "The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest in October."
      Earlier this month, the singer's father, Mitch, announced he was writing "a definitive account of Amy's life", with proceeds going to the Amy Winehouse Foundation.
      The foundation, launched in September, aims to support "charitable activities in both the UK and abroad that provide help, support or care for young people, especially those who are in need by reason of ill health, disability, financial disadvantage or addiction"."

I also just came to this thread to post an incredible video--a pre-Back To Black acoustic version of "Wake Up Alone". LOVE.

[YOUTUBE]
      Amy Winehouse - Wake Up Alone (rare acoustic version) - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Ha, I wonder what kind of paycheck Amy's dad is going to give himself for the whole Amy Winehouse Foundation schpeal. More importantly, I'm eager to see what kind of contributions the charity makes. The mission statement is quite generic and vague. I hope he actually does something with her money in her name to contribute to a greater good. Yeah, that was a run-on sentence, me thinks, but I've had some wine. Sorry Amy, but I had to indulge.

I love that it is called Death By Misadventure.

http://news.yahoo.com/coroner-amy-wi...123334324.html
    ..Coroner: Amy Winehouse died from too much alcohol
    By SYLVIA HUI - Associated Press | AP – 3 mins 45 secs ago....

LONDON (AP) — Amy Winehouse died as the unintended consequence of drinking too much alcohol, a British coroner ruled Wednesday.

Coroner Suzanne Greenaway gave a verdict of "death by misadventure," saying the singer died of accidental alcohol poisoning. "The unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels (of alcohol) was her sudden and unexpected death," Greenaway said.

The singer, who had fought drug and alcohol problems for years, was found dead in bed at her London home on July 23 at age 27. An initial autopsy proved inconclusive, although it found no traces of illegal drugs in her system.

Pathologist Suhail Baithun told the inquest into the singer's death that Winehouse had consumed a "very large quantity of alcohol" — the level in her blood put her more than five times over the legal drunk-driving limit.

Police Detective Inspector Les Newman, who was called after a security guard found Winehouse, said empty vodka bottles were scattered around her bedroom.

Winehouse's doctor, Dr. Christina Romete, said the singer had resumed drinking in the days before her death after a period of abstinence.

Romete, who saw Winehouse the night before she died, said the singer was "tipsy but calm." She said Winehouse had not spoken of suicide, and talked about her upcoming birthday.

Romete said Winehouse had been prescribed drugs including the sedative Librium to help her cope with the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal, but the coroner said these had played no role in her death.

Winehouse family spokesman Chris Goodman said it was a relief to the family "to finally find out what happened to Amy."

"The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time," he said.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Amy Winehouse was more than five times the drink-drive limit when she died

• Police recovered three bottles of vodka, two large and one small

Amy Winehouse was more than five times the legal drink-drive limit for alcohol when she died, after downing a huge amount of vodka.
    The inquest into her death was told she hit the bottle after being dry for three weeks and was poisoned by the alcohol.
    Recording a verdict of misadventure, the coroner told the inquest she had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. The driving limit is 80mg.
    Amy Winehouse's father Mitch and his partner Jane arrive at St Pancras Coroner's Court today for an inquest into the singer's death

Police recovered three bottles of vodka, two large and one small.
    A post-mortem examination had found the Back To Black star's vital organs in good health and with no traces of illegal drugs.
    But she had huge amounts of alcohol in her system which could have stopped her breathing and sent her into a coma.
    The hearing was told how the 27-year-old had not had any alcohol during the month of July before binging on Friday July 22.
    She was found in bed in her Camden home in north London the next day.
    Her security guard had looked in on her at 10am the day she died but left her for five hours before calling the emergency services.
    The live-in guard, Andrew Morris, said he thought she was asleep when he initially checked on her but at 3pm he checked again and she had not moved.
    St Pancras coroner Suzanne Greenway said: 'She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre (of blood) and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death.'
    Bearing up: Winehouse's mother Janis smiles as she arrives for the inquest
    Mr Winehouse enters the court today. At his daughter's funeral in July, he told mourners his daughter had been the happiest she had been in a long time in the weeks before her death

An initial post-mortem examination shortly after her death had proved inconclusive and no cause of death was given when the inquest was opened and adjourned in August.
    But because of Winehouse's very public battles with drink and drugs, news of her death was quickly followed by suggestions it could be related to one or the other.

A family statement at the time said: 'Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death
    Winehouse's final hours will be revealed today. An initial post-mortem in July proved inconclusive

'Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death.
    'The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest in October.'
    Information relating to today's inquest was sent to the wrong address, police admitted yesterday.

It was later handed into a police station in north London.
    At Winehouse's funeral on July 26, her father, Mitch, told mourners his daughter had been the happiest she had been in a long time in the weeks before her death.
    He said Winehouse had 'conquered' her drug addiction and was 'trying hard to deal with her drinking'.
    The British soul star's short life was a rollercoaster ride of extreme ups and downs.
    She rocketed to fame in 2008 after winning five Grammy awards off the back of her 2006 second album Back To Black and famously sang about her refusal to seek treatment for her addiction on the single Rehab.
    With her huge signature beehive hairdo, smoky eye make-up and powerful voice, Winehouse certainly made an impression throughout her career.

Her vocal style as well as her vulnerability led to comparisons with greats such as Billie Holiday.

The tattooed singer's distinctive look resulted in her being touted as a style icon but with the highs came the lows.

She cancelled a tour this year after a disastrous appearance in Serbia when she was booed by the angry crowd.

Winehouse was said to have come close to death in August 2007 following an overdose.

She was admitted to a London hospital after taking cocaine, ecstasy, ketamine and marijuana.
    In June 2008 Winehouse was taken to hospital again after a fainting episode.

There were hopes that she could be returning to full health after she spent eight months on the Caribbean island of St Lucia.

Troubled life: Amy arrives at Westminster Magistrates' Court with her father Mitch in March 2009 to face charges of assaulting a fan

Tributes: Mourners gather outside Amy's flat in Camden to pay their respects after her death in July

Despite her wild girl image Winehouse was from a stage school background.

Born on September 14, 1983, she attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School, where classmates included Billie Piper.

Brought up with a love for jazz, she grew up in a Jewish household in North Finchley, north London, with father Mitch and mother Janis, who were later divorced.

She also had a turbulent marriage to Blake Fielder-Civil.

It started with Fielder-Civil spending time in jail in 2007 and ended in divorce two years later.

Two months after Winehouse's death, her lover and British film director Reg Traviss said he had planned to marry her

Amy Winehouse inquest: Star's final hours will be revealed | Mail Online

Drank herself to death in one night. Not surprising. RIP Amy.

After years of abusing drugs, alcohol and starving herself,...it is no wonder her body gave out. She is lucky she lived that long. Waste...

Her dad appears to have lost significant weight. WTF is her mother smiling about??

Wow, that's alotta damn booze...
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

Thread Information