Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Well, not "illegal" drugs...But what about prescription? Or would they mention that already?
    I'm not familiar with how they label those things if she wasn't suppose to take them.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

23 August 2011 Last updated at 10:26 ET

Amy Winehouse: no "illegal drugs found" says family

Winehouse was found dead at her home in Camden, north London
    Toxicology results have shown "no illegal substances" in Amy Winehouse's system at the time of her death, according to her family.
    They say tests indicate alcohol was present but it cannot yet be determined if it played a role in the singer's death last month.
    Winehouse's family thanked police and added that they await the outcome of an inquest on 26 October.
    Winehouse, 27, was found dead at her home on 23 July.
    The star had a well-publicised struggle with drink and drugs.
    Winehouse's father Mitch has since announced plans to launch a foundation in his daughter's name but this has been delayed because the name The Amy Winehouse Foundation has already been registered by someone else.
    He said: "The plan is to help all children - not just rehabilitation, not just substance abuse. It's to help all children in need."
    Shortly after her death, Mitch Winehouse met with senior politicians in parliament to discuss drugs policy and treatment services.

BBC News - Amy Winehouse: no "illegal drugs found" says family

I am surprised, I was sure she had OD'd.

Even if she was clean and the alcohol found was minimal, after years of drug use and all that went with it, maybe her body just couldn't take it anymore? Maybe she was just too far gone...

Just because they found no illegal drugs in her system does not mean she didn't overdose on some sort of prescription drugs.

^ I think they would have said if that was the case. It seems like they still don't know what killed her.

I assume there were prescription drugs in her since they made a point of saying no "illegal" drugs versus no drugs at all.

Maybe they were in a rush to get the word out and haven't completed their analysis. She may have died from some lethal combination of prescription drugs and alcohol.

She had probably just trashed her body to the point where it was going to give out at any time and it did.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

it seems like everyone dies of prescription drug overdoses these days. when's the last time a celeb o.d'd on heroin or coke?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I assume there were prescription drugs in her since they made a point of saying no "illegal" drugs versus no drugs at all.

Maybe they were in a rush to get the word out and haven't completed their analysis. She may have died from some lethal combination of prescription drugs and alcohol.
    No, if there were lethal levels of ANY drug in her system they would've said so, especially with such a high profile case like this. Needless to say, it's looking alot like she'd suffered a seizure from alcohol withdrawal and simply never came out of it. It's on the record that she'd been having 'em for some time...her nervous system'd been so damaged by the years of abuse that it wouldn't take much to short it out completely...that's why she was under medical care to begin with. Alot of people don't realize just how nasty alcohol can be on the body, especially when you drink as much as she did...even if you do manage to stop, it still might be too late to save your health, and in Amy's case it seems that's what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by maxeythecat View Post
    No, if there were lethal levels of ANY drug in her system they would've said so, especially with such a high profile case like this. Needless to say, it's looking alot like she'd suffered a seizure from alcohol withdrawal and simply never came out of it. It's on the record that she'd been having 'em for some time...her nervous system'd been so damaged by the years of abuse that it wouldn't take much to short it out completely...that's why she was under medical care to begin with. Alot of people don't realize just how nasty alcohol can be on the body, especially when you drink as much as she did...even if you do manage to stop, it still might be too late to save your health, and in Amy's case it seems that's what has happened.
    I think use of the word "illegal" stands out like a sore thumb. I don't think they necessarily have precluded any other drugs playing a role.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

no illegal drugs doesn't mean 12 cases of xanex is kosher.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Having viewed some of her final videos, I just think her body was plain worn out. She destroyed it.

fgg

Amy Winehouse
    The Prescription Omission

Amy Winehouse's family claims no illegal drugs were present in the singer's system at the time of death ... but there's a gaping hole, because they made no mention of prescription drugs.

A source close to the family would not comment on any prescription drugs, even though he and the rest of the family were categorical on illegal drugs.

The family says they have seen toxicology reports which discount illegal drugs. The family did acknowledge Amy had been drinking at the time of her death.

As for prescription drugs, there are a number that contain the opiates similar to heroin, including OxyContin and morphine.

tmz
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Wasn't she anorexic for a long time? that can wreck your heart for one thing

probably just a combination of wrecking her body with drugs booze and malnourishment. Some people are lucky and can go on and off that stuff for years. She just couldn't take it.

Thread Information