Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Elite Member

On the one hand I feel sorry for her dad and I understand that denial is a powerful thing. But denial--her parents', Amy's, etc. was no doubt part of the problem to begin with.

Just sad all around.

When I heard the news, it was from my father (an AVID reader of TMZ)...he calls me up to tell me Amy Winehouse had died. First thought was that I really wasn't surprised but damn, such a waste.

I will miss her music. RIP Amy...you're finally out of pain.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    On the one hand I feel sorry for her dad and I understand that denial is a powerful thing. But denial--her parents', Amy's, etc. was no doubt part of the problem to begin with.
    sure, but so what? she's dead now and it's not like he's got another junkie kid he can be in denial about. if being in denial about the full extent of her addictions is helping her parents cope with her death, who cares?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Lol!

Makes me think of a text I got from a mate saying "Amy Winehouse has been immortalised as part of the infamous "27 Club". Ten more years, Bieber, ten more years."
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^^ ten...more....years......

Tony Bennett is such a dear gentleman. Today is his 85th birthday!!! I can't believe how great he sounds. And he had very kind things to say about working with Amy, who sang "Body and Soul" with him on his upcoming "Duets" album. He says she was his favorite of all to work with.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCvlTdzkGk[/YOUTUBE]
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Someone has probably said it already but he should have said no no no..

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PinkCadillac View Post
    Someone has probably said it already but he should have said no no no..
    oh jesus

Thumbs up

Win
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

fgg

Amy Winehouse's Home to House Her Foundation

Amy Winehouse's parents plan to convert her London home into the headquarters for the Amy Winehouse Foundation, a charity organization to to help children in need, say reports.

The 10-room, $4 million house in Camden, North London, where the singer was found dead July 23, will house the organization, whose official mission statement is set to be announced Sept. 14, which would have been Winehouse's 28th birthday.

"The foundation is going to help thousands of people. That is Amy's legacy," Amy's father, Mitch Winehouse, Tweeted Wednesday.

The Amy Winehouse Foundation will be partially funded by proceeds from Winehouse's last recording, a duet with Tony Bennett of the classic "Body and Soul," that will appear on Bennett's upcoming album, Duets II.

The cause of Winehouse's death, at age 27, is still being determined, pending toxicology results.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I think it's nice they are using her home for the charity when they could easily have sold it.

Amy Winehouse home robbed: Unreleased songs as well as notebooks pilfered from property after she died, claims Mitch

By Jody Thompson

Last updated at 9:04 AM on 11th August 2011

Tragic: Acquaintances of late singer Amy Winehouse are said to have stolen personal items from her home

Some of Amy Winehouse's most personal last remaining possessions were stolen from her home in the immediate aftermath of her death, it is being claimed.

The tragic star's father Mitch Winehouse believes someone has unlawfully taken unreleased music, lyric books and letters belonging to the singer.

Only around 20 people - including family, friends, security and police - are said to have had access to the home in north London's Camden Square since Amy died on July 23.

However, to date, only two lyric books have been officially declared missing to police.
    Ex-cabbie-turned-crooner Mitch, 60, is currently on a family holiday taken in an attempt to come to terms with losing his daughter, but he has vowed to find the cultprits on his return to London.

Other items Amy's management can't find include one of her favourite guitars and song lyrics penned for her third album.

A member of Amy's circle told today's Sun: 'This is such a sickening shock to the family. That someone would stoop so low. They can't get their heads around it.

More...'Mitch is livid. The family, record label and management are months away from deciding what to do with any unreleased music. For that to be taken out of their hands is horrible.

'Mitch is willing to give whoever has stolen the items a chance to do the right thing and put them back so it doesn't have to get messy.'

Crime scene: Song lyrics and unreleased music are said to have been taken from her home in Camden, north London, following Amy's as-yet-unexplained death last month

The troubled Rehab singer passed away aged just 27 last month and was apparently declared a crime scene immediately afterwards.

But despite Mitch giving away items such as clothing to fans paying their respects outside Amy's home, far more important items have gone missing.

He and Amy's on-off boyfriend Reg Traviss, 35, who was also on the family holiday, are apparently going to attempt to put some sort of inventory together when they return.

Determined: The tragic singer's father Mitch, seen here giving out T-shirts belonging to the star to fans in the days after her death, says he will track down the culprits

Meanwhile, it's been reported that Amy's ex husband Blake Fielder-Civil is planning on writing a tell-all book about his life with Amy.

The so-called former video runner, who is currently in prison serving time for burglary and a firearm offence, was banned from attending his ex-wife's funeral at the end of August.

But he is said to be attempting to heal his wounds by dedicating a revealing book based on Amy's life.

He's also believed to have hours of never-seen-before video footage of the star which is looking to release.

Police have so far only described Amy's death as ‘unexplained’ and toxicology test results are due later this month.

Tragic: It's thought that lyrics the star had written for her third album have disappeared

Source: Amy Winehouse home robbed after she died: Unreleased songs pilfered claims dad Mitch | Mail Online
    I cant believe this. I know looting dead peoples houses is sadly something people often do. That Im aware of. What I cannot believe is that they didnt have someone watching it or even some sort of security measures to prevent such a thing, despite the fact that it sounds like an inside job.

And what is taking those toxicology reports so long?

^^
    toxicology reports always take at least 3 or 4 weeks.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Why did 20 people have access to her house especially if it was a crime scene?

It was never declared a crime scene.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information