Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Amy was drinking and on the floor most of the time in St. Lucia anyway.

how on earth can her father say she was off drugs and booze, he surely must've seen the trainwreck concert in serbia, too?! i think he's in deep serious denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I prefer to remember her how she mostly was.. a nasty crackhead with oozing skin.

am i the only one who noticed the chick in the back who puked all over herself? fucking disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Winehouse Rep: Amy Was NOT Going to Adopt

Amy Winehouse was absolutely NOT going to adopt a 10-year-old girl from the island of St. Lucia ... despite U.K. reports to the contrary ... Amy's rep tells TMZ.

The Sunday Mirror reported Dannika Augustine and her grandmother both confirmed that Amy was about to begin the adoption process ... and both of Dannika's parents had signed off on the plan.

But Amy's rep tells TMZ ... "It's not true" ... adding, "I think [Amy] might have met her in St. Lucia, but she was in no way about to adopt her."
    i believe the rep and i'm glad it's not true. the reporters probably gave the girl and her family money and told them what to say just so they'd have a great story to sell. sad.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

That's probably Wino's puke down the front of that other chick
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If only we could dust for vomit.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

A couple of things on daddy Winehouse.
    I saw a documentary on the (then) rise of Amy Winehouse the day of her passing and in it she said that the album "Frank" was written about her ex-boyfriend, the aftermath of their affair, that she was depressed about it and everything, and that she apparently needed drama to get inspiration for her music. Then her dad was asked a few questions and yeah, she was depressed and yeah, she drank a few too many back then, and then some representatives from the record company came and suggested she go to rehab and he told them she was just drinking a bit to get over the heartache, didn't everybody do that? Rehab was not necessary. And that's the lyric that ended up in "Rehab":
    They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'
    Yes I've been bad but when I come back you'll know know know
    I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
    He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go, go, go
    So, the "he" in that last line is NOT her dad, but a representative from the record company; daddy thought she was fine and didn't need rehab.

Now, I saw daddy in a newsclip announcing the "Amy Winehouse Foundation" to set up a rehab center saying it was for those who couldn't afford rehab and that "Amy was lucky. She had the money to go into a private clinic". And all I could think was, yep, and now we all know that had a real effect.
    Don't you think naming a rehab facility the "Amy Winehouse" rehab will have the opposite effect of what they want to achieve? Like: okay, rehab was not her thing, and if and when she went, it didn't help and now she's dead instead of yeah, it's THE place to go to successfully fight your demons and get rid of that monkey on your back! Hmmm.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

It is perfectly normal for the father to think she didn't need rehab at that point. She was not out of control. He did step to the plate in the later years and did what he could to get her help.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I doubt that anybody would suggest rehab to a person who is simply a social drinker who's going through a bit of a rough spot.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

One of the tweets on her personal twitter account(NOT the one that says amywinehouse...thats her company page) said something like "Is Carole King still alive".

The ironic thing is that carole outlived her...AND ..amy had her favorite song by her "so far away" played at her funeral

No matter what date that tweet was made it is really creepy and ironic

I agree HWBL. I've always been a bit suss of her dad to be honest. Some of the things he has said/done in the past seemed odd to me. Not that it matters now...

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I doubt that anybody would suggest rehab to a person who is simply a social drinker who's going through a bit of a rough spot.
    The person from the label probably dealt with her on a more daily basis and had issues with her drinking while recording and promoting the album. Yet when with family she probably was more controlled and said she had been drinking just to get through the breakup. Addicts are great in the early stages and can turn it on and off. Someone connected to the label would probably have had much more experience and could recognize the problem earlier.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I feel sorry for her Dad but he is in high damage limitation mode. We all know what the toxicology results are likely to say. Therefore he is getting in on the PR early and it is helping with his grief.

However, he was on a flight to NYC to promote his own singing career when she died so there is a bit of self interest there plus I think he is in charge of her money or how else could he announce a foundation already?

It is odd to have an Amy Winehouse rehab centre but everyone knows that her lifestyle was fatal so I guess (in the end and predicting what the tox results will be) it would do some practical good for her legacy.

Maybe the Amy Winehouse Clinic could be a British version of the Betty Ford Clinic.

When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Bwahaha, you are so going to Hades for that.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Bwahaha, you are so going to Hades for that.
    I know right? I liked Amy, but I saw that on 4chan and pissed myself laughing.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Thread Information