Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Not buying. With her experience, if she really wanted to do this even on her own she'd have been on medications to help her detox (or at least been aware of the need for them). And I don't believe she could have done it on her own anyway. Even with meds to help with the withdrawl.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The stories about all the drugs she bought the day before makes me doubt she died from giving up booze.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

If she wanted to be sober she would have admitted herself to a long term rehab facility and stay there for the entire program. In death, people always become more than what they were in life. Amy was an addict who wasn't going to miraculously turn her life around without any help.

Her dad sounds like he's in serious denial to me.

It's not necessarily denial. Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal.

from the wiki: "withdrawal from alcohol dependence can be fatal if it is not properly managed. Alcohol's primary effect is the increase in stimulation of the GABAA receptor, promoting central nervous system depression. With repeated heavy consumption of alcohol, these receptors are desensitized and reduced in number, resulting in tolerance and physical dependence. When alcohol consumption is stopped too abruptly, the person's nervous system suffers from uncontrolled synapse firing. This can result in symptoms that include anxiety, life threatening seizures, delirium tremens, hallucinations, shakes and possible heart failure"

I guess the toxicology results will show the cause in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    but don't sell crazy to me, I'm all stocked up.
    you dispense it!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^ Yeah I know that can happen. But at her funeral her dad gave a speech and said Amy hadn't touched drugs for two years! Does anyone seriously believe that?

oh hell no!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Poor Mr. Winehouse.

What is he suppose to believe? He is probably thinking of different scenarios while waiting for the toxicology reports come out. Nothing is wrong with that

But yea today I heard another report from a doctor that is a "expert on the liver" that if someone died from alcohol withdrawal it would be within 24 to 36 hours...and he went on to say dying 3 weeks after quitting alchol cold turkey is very unlikely.

This whole situation confuses me...because other musicians died from drug overdoses before and for the most part we usually learned from the autopsy that it was an overdose.

So I'm wondering why the heck in amy's case the autopsy was "inconclusive"? I really wonder if her parents told the medical examers to put out the reports that it was inconclusive ...and that the family already knows how she died.

At first I was second guessing the tabloids that said she died from a drug binge(because supposedly no drugs were found at her home....and I assume not in her body either) .....but now I guess that's all that could have happened.

Lol that "well known dealer" is probably still out there like nothing big happened

^^her toxicology reports haven't come back yet, so no one has any idea of what was in her system yet.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The autopsy is not completed. It takes weeks for the tox screens to come back. Saying it is inconclusive at this point in the norm.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Oh okay my bad guys. Its just the way some of these reports are. I was wondering how it was done so fast but now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    oh hell no!
    The one marker we have is her physical appearance, which was markedly better throughout 2011 than it's been in years (consistently anyway.) From this it seems safe to say that she was off the really hardcore system-destroying drugs like meth and crack and heroin and probably really hadn't done those in a long time.

But pot and other recreationals like ecstasy, painkillers, ketamine, and of course booze are all possible and could've easily killed her in the wrong amounts/combos. She could've gone out with sleeping pills like Marilyn, even. She was obviously still drinking, but tabloid pics of her at various times would seem to indicate that she'd gone from maintenance binging on alcohol to occasional binging--and that is more dangerous.

I still wonder if her exit was deliberate. If so we'll probably never hear about it. The fact that no drugs were found around her or in the house indicates that the bodyguard may've cleaned up while the EMTs were on their way. Unless she really downed EVERYTHING at once...

I heard her B-side cover of "Someone To Watch Over Me" on youtube the other day and it was lovely. She really did jazz incredibly well too and her vibrato is so pretty. Was. ugh.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqsIIrk5wQ[/YOUTUBE]
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    It's not necessarily denial. Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal.

from the wiki: "withdrawal from alcohol dependence can be fatal if it is not properly managed. Alcohol's primary effect is the increase in stimulation of the GABAA receptor, promoting central nervous system depression. With repeated heavy consumption of alcohol, these receptors are desensitized and reduced in number, resulting in tolerance and physical dependence. When alcohol consumption is stopped too abruptly, the person's nervous system suffers from uncontrolled synapse firing. This can result in symptoms that include anxiety, life threatening seizures, delirium tremens, hallucinations, shakes and possible heart failure"

I guess the toxicology results will show the cause in time.

you dispense it!
    My first thought was, she quit and died from it... Over and Over I have called her a cockroach, those kind live if they just cut their usage down to functioning, I never thought she would quit. Ironic like a mother fucker if that's the case.. Rip anyways... talent wasted----Again..
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    This is bizarre... its almost starting to sound like the authorities are suspicious?

In British postmortem cases where a sudden death is deemed not suspicious and the Coroner believes that no inquest is necessary, he or she can order a Section 19 Post Mortem under the terms of the 1988 Coroner's Act in Britain.

A Section 20 postmortem, as Winehouse had, however, implies that the Coroner believes "there is reasonable cause to suspect that a person has died a violent or unnatural death or in any other way which would require an inquest," according to guidelines. It suggests that the authorities are mounting a more lengthy and serious investigation into the circumstances around Winehouse's death, although the Coroner also reported that at the scene had been investigated by police and "determined non-suspicious."
    Look at it this way Cali, if an old person if found dead, they're unlikely to do an autopsy especially if they were suffering from a known diease (heart problems, cancer etc), but a younger person that dies unexpectedly gets an autopsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    As far as Inquests go I thought they did them whenever someone died suddenly and unexpectedly? Several years ago a dear friend of mine passed away from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome and there was an inquest. It was pretty open and shut, but apparently it was a matter of course.
    yep, a friend of a friend of ours died at 28 from a massive heart attack, it wasn't till the autopsy that they discovered that he had a heart problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Yes, but the anal retentive side of me can't help but think about the threat of deep vein thrombosis incurred on a long transatlantic flight. Heels are the last piece of footwear I'd wear for the health factor alone. Spike heels in mourning after 6.5 hour flight= irrational to my latent Spock brain.
    Slippers, in her carry on...

FFS I can't believe some people are reading so much into what Kelly is wearing! Lol. Just because you're grieving doesn't mean you lose the ability to wear anything other than a bin bag!
    Isn't sack cloth & ashes the expected standard?
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    My assumption being he had no right to inherit, which they tell me is untrue under British law.
    Ah! The first thing that your divorce lawyer advises you to do even prior to filing any papers is to make a new will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Hes devastated and profiting from Amys death would be the last thing on his mind.

Countdown to Blaaaaaake selling stories and collaborating on a tell-all book in 3-2-1...
    I see that mummy still doens't know Blaaaaaake very well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    I'm really surprised she still had money it seems like she hasn't done anything for years.
    Massive (worldwide) sales of Back to Black, plus royalties for the writer of the song (not just the singer) and a decent showing for Frank where again she wrote the majority of the songs. plus the singles....
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Here ya go.

[youtube]3lmdkraGtoA[/youtube]
    What a great voice he has. I've heard of him, but never heard him sing before.
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information