Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

The man show was awful. I wondered if it was them taking the piss, or at least Jimmy Whatshisnuts was using the farce.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

OHHHHH my Blake incarcerated!!!

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    Blake Fielder-Civil: I Could Have Saved Amy
    7/27/2011 12:50 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Amy Winehouse's ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil is anguishing, because he believes he could have saved Amy.

Blake's dad, Larry Fielder, tells TMZ ... his son knew better than anyone the depth of Amy's drug addiction, and had planned to stage an intervention of sorts when he got out of jail -- the problem ... he's locked up until March, 2012.

There's obviously another issue -- Blake and Amy were famously co-dependent junkies and neither seemed capable of helping the other during their marriage.

Larry tells us ... shortly after Amy died Blake called him, crying hysterically. Blake's current girlfriend, Sarah, visited him in jail recently for an hour and all Blake did was cry.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Sublime with Rome recorded a cover of 'Rehab' as a tribute. I really, really want to like this song but I can't decide. It might be growing on me. What do you all think?

Rome Ramirez pays tribute to Amy Winehouse with his cover of 'Rehab'
    July 26, 2011 | 1:13 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lmdkraGtoA[/youtube]

Since the death of Amy Winehouse on Saturday, outpourings of grief and tribute for the late British soul singer have taken on many forms. But few may have expected a fitting final salute from Sublime’s Rome Ramirez, who slapped on the shades and stepped to the mike to record his cover of “Rehab,” from Winehouse’s breakout album, “Back to Black.” It was uploaded to the Web on Sunday, and Ramirez posted a message under his YouTube video to accompany his stirring rendition.

“I recorded this tribute for Amy Winehouse after I heard the news of her passing,” Ramirez said. “She is a huge inspiration to my music. We miss you, Amy.”

On Monday, Ramirez posted another message on his Twitter account explaining his intentions for the song:

“I am not making no money off this. Nor do I ever plan to. Just a super fan who wanted to pay tribute. True fans know where I'm coming from.”

The 27-year-old Grammy-winning Winehouse was found dead in her London apartment Saturday. According to British reports, Winehouse was discovered by emergency workers at 3:54 p.m. London time. The singer, who rose to prominence with a soulful voice and a defiantly reckless attitude, had struggled with substance abuse for most of her professional life. It’s a heartache Sublime’s original members can sadly relate to.

It's been 15 years since the Long Beach-based band’s original, iconic frontman Bradley Nowell died of a drug overdose at age 28. In 2009, the group re-emerged, with Ramirez taking over vocal and guitar duties for the band's catalog of old and new songs. Sublime with Rome recently debuted at No. 9 on the Billboard’s Top 10 chart with its latest album, “Yours Truly,” selling 35,000 copies.

In addition to the emotional sentiment, Ramirez changed the verses of the song to add his own message to the fallen artist.

“Lonely cigar in a half-lit room, escaped the only life I knew. And to me, and to me it’s all a show. But there’s nothing more, no there’s nothing more that I can do. Never had no time to change. Lord so why start now, 'cuz I’m in the fade.” Check out the rest of the song below.
    Rome Ramirez pays tribute to Amy Winehouse with his cover of 'Rehab' - latimes.com

ETA- I cannot get YouTube videos to embed anymore. Help?

In the meantime, here's a link to the video:
    ‪Amy Winehouse - Rehab (Rome's Tribute)‬‏ - YouTube
    Last edited by Cali; July 27th, 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Here ya go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lmdkraGtoA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ Thanks Greys!! I figured it out just as you posted.

For anyone else having issues, here's the secret: select 'use long link' on YouTube. Then paste it into the post, highlight and click the YouTube icon in your post.

this Ramirez guy is pretty good, dig his voice.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

Nice. He has a good voice. For a split second, Rome Ramirez reminded me of Selena's brother here with the round face, the hoodie, the tattoos. He vaguely resembles A.B. Quintanilla in this video. He could pass as his little brother..lol

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i love 'love is a losing game'. i think it's my favourite of her songs.
    That's my favorite too. Many parts are just profoundly beautiful and sad. Tear-jerker for me.

fgg

More Words Of Wisdom From Spaz de la Huerta

This mess needs no introduction, so without further adieu(doo) here's what Spaz de la Huerta said to The New York Observer (via Jezebel) about the death of Amy Winehouse:

“Look what just happened to Amy Winehouse! Maybe had she not seen so many bad pictures of herself she would have gotten more self esteem and not been so self-destructive.”

If you threw those words into a bowl, sprinkled a packet of sense on top, let it bubble a bit and then shoved it back in Paz's mouth, she would probably say something like, "Look what just happened to Amy Winehouse. Maybe if the media didn't publish pictures of her looking like a damn raggedy mess, she would've felt better about herself and wouldn't have smoked crack." Or something like that. It still doesn't make sense to me since the crack came long before the messy pictures. Maybe Paz simply meant that Amy needed more Glamour Shots in her life. That's what she meant, obviously.

Here's the grease bubble of crazy that is Spaz at the premiere of The Devil's Double in NYC the other night. I know what you're thinking, but Spaz has never ever ever ever ever been caught looking like a drunk skid mark, thankyouverymuch.

posted by michael k
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Wow, the old images of a fresh faced, even pretty, Amy in this clip announcing her death just makes it so extra sad. So much potential gone to waste.

[youtube]T9exE45bmU4[/youtube]
    This actually makes me very sad. It's hard for me to ever remember her like that, all I remember is the ugly crackhead. It's unbelievable to me that before she wasted away she actually was quite pretty. Those early interviews with her in 2003 when she was not wearing a shitload of makeup or the beehive and her body looked healthy - she actually looked nice, normal. Fuck drugs.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    This actually makes me very sad. It's hard for me to ever remember her like that, all I remember is the ugly crackhead. It's unbelievable to me that before she wasted away she actually was quite pretty. Those early interviews with her in 2003 when she was not wearing a shitload of makeup or the beehive and her body looked healthy - she actually looked nice, normal. Fuck drugs.
    And she was coherent and you could see her passion for music. She was alive, not just waiting to die. Hard to believe it's the same person.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

I prefer to remember her how she mostly was.. a nasty crackhead with oozing skin.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Itchy vag was an attractive look.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

fgg

Amy Winehouse Died from Alcohol Withdrawal, Says Family

Amy Winehouse's struggles to quit drugs were well documented. But her family fears that sudden abstinence from alcohol might have been what led to her death last Saturday at age 27, according to a report.

Winehouse ignored doctors' advice to step back gradually from her heavy drinking and went cold turkey in the past month, an unnamed family friend tells Britain's Sun. Her family believes that was too much of a shock to her system, the source adds.

"Abstinence gave her body such a fright, they thought it was eventually the cause of her death," says the source.

PEOPLE has confirmed that this is the family's belief.

The cause of Winehouse's death won't be known for weeks, pending the completion of toxicology tests.

There have been reports that Winehouse went on a bender during her final days. But the family source tells the Sun that her father, Mitch Winehouse, said in his eulogy at his daughter's funeral that he believed it was just the opposite.

"He said doctors had told Amy to gradually reduce her intake of alcohol and to avoid bingeing at all costs. Amy told him she couldn't do that. It was all or nothing and she gave up completely," says the source.

"Mitch said the shock of giving up, after everything she had been through over a bad few years, was just too much for her to take."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Bullshit. I understand her family wanting to believe something like that but don't sell crazy to me, I'm all stocked up.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Thread Information