Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Because it's not all about Kelly. It's not a fashion parade or a pap opportunity. And no one else is doing it. Just "look at me" Kelly. yvmv

Osbourne's hairdo is meant as a tribute. Apparently they'd really been friends for quite a few years.

Edit to add: I've seen fans in the crowd of mourners who'd dressed up etc. like Winehouse, also as a tribute, and they didn't even know her personally nor does the public know who these anonymous people are. Do they have more rights than a well known person, who did know the deceased, to express what they want in their grief?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Well I still hate it. And her. Carry on.

I think Kelly's hair is sweet.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I have also been watching Dr Drew.....and I do not think Tom Sizemore is actually SOBER and STRAIGHT--am I the only one? He was twitching and and droning on like a loon! Come on!

Feel bad about Amy. Just watched some of her stuff on Youtube and bitch was great. RIP Amy. You're good now.
    OMG Lynnie I was thinking the same thing about Sizemore. You are not the only one wondering WTF was he rambling about? He was not acting sober. Yet Drew sings his praises how he is going to be on Hawaii 5-0 this fall. Yikes, wonder how long that is going to last. Also, don't know if you watched Joy Behar after Drew, but she had Makenzie Phillips on there, who seemed straight still IMO, but she also had Danny Bonaduce, who was a total douche, and I have my doubts to his sobriety as well, he seemed rather belligerent.

As far as your second paragraph about Amy's music, you are so right. The bitch was great! I only knew her Rehab song mostly, but today I downloaded her Black album. She was AMAZING. I heard that there are stores promoting her music, and some people are pissed saying that they are exploiting her death. Honestly, they should be promoting her music. Too many people only knew her as this trainwreck who won Grammys mocking her addiction. People might take notice of her music now, and see what a true talent she had. Can't wait to hear her duet with Tony Bennett. If he respected her, she had talent!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I have no respect for Dr. Drew anymore.
    I read this as Drew Barrymore, and I am like what did she do?

RIP Amy.

I have a brother that was in & out of rehab for years started on coke, then crack, heroin, then flunked back to crack. Took a lot out of our parents and I am a little bitter about it. A disease to me is something you try to cure not feed.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

fgg

Amy Winehouse Cremated After 'Moving Yet Humorous' Memorial Service

Music industry executives, her band mates, close friends and family gathered Tuesday at a synagogue in Edgware, North London, to pay tribute to Amy Winehouse, the soulful singer with the beehive and velvety vocals.

Winehouse was found dead at her London apartment on Saturday, and her funeral, held at Edgwarebury Cemetery, was attended by about 150 people, including close friend Kelly Osbourne, who wore her hair in Winehouse's signature beehive style; Mark Ronson, who produced her 2006 album Back to Black, the last of her music released before her death; and boyfriend Reg Traviss.

"Goodnight my angel," her father, Mitch, said to mourners gathered. "Sleep tight. Mommy and Daddy love you ever so much."

Her father's eulogy was "funny," a spokesperson for Winehouse tells PEOPLE. He was "telling stories about her childhood, people were laughing like a celebration – like they all remembered the stories themselves."

The hour-long memorial service, meant to celebrate the Grammy winner's life, was partially in Hebrew because of her Jewish heritage. "It was emotional, it was happy and it was sad," her rep said. "It was everything really."

One mourner told PEOPLE, "It was very moving yet quite very humorous at times. It was a wonderful tribute to Amy."

When the memorial closed at 1:15 p.m., Carole King's "So Far Away", one of Winehouse's favorite songs that she had once performed as a duet with her father, was played. "Mitch encouraged everyone to sing to it and they did," the rep told PEOPLE. "People sang."

Mourners then headed to the Golders Green crematorium, where the family is following custom by having Winehouse cremated. "I think because her grandmother was cremated at the same place, so it was a family tradition to be cremated," the rep told PEOPLE.

Shiva, a Jewish grief custom, starts at 5 p.m. Tuesday, and guests were seen holding postcard-sized invitations with a black-and-white picture of Winehouse on them.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Ah that's so sad, her poor family. I quite like Kelly's hair, I think it's a perfect tribute for a friend.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I teared up.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Amy's drug-addled ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil left out of her £10million will

By Sara Nathan and Simon Cable

Last updated at 2:47 PM on 26th July 2011
    Amy Winehouse left her drug-addled former husband out of her will to ensure he could not win a slice of her fortune.
    The singer, who will be cremated today following a Jewish service for friends and family, made provisions to ensure Blake Fielder-Civil would not get a penny following their divorce in 2009.
    Her fortune was estimated at £6million in the Sunday Times Rich List of April, but is now said to surpass £10million and growing.

Left out: Ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil will not receive anything from Amy's will

Her acclaimed album Back To Black topped the iTunes chart in 17 countries yesterday, including the UK and the U.S., and is expected to top the official UK charts this week.
    Legal experts said Miss Winehouse’s wealth would be divided among her immediate family, including her mother Janis, who is suffering from multiple sclerosis, father Mitch and older brother Alex.

Her parents split when she was nine and are divorced.
    A close family friend said: ‘Don’t expect everything to be straightforward. Janis is very sweet, but very meek and not in the best of health, Mitch is always the one in charge.’

FUNERAL SET FOR TODAY

The funeral of singer Amy Winehouse will be held today for "family and close friends".

The announcement by her grieving family came after police said they would need to wait up to four weeks for test results to establish a cause of death for the 27-year-old.

A spokesman for the family said: "The funeral will take place on Tuesday and will be a family and close friends affair."

He would not reveal details about the location or time of the funeral, which Jewish law states has to take place as soon as possible.

Scotland Yard said it would be waiting for the results of toxicology tests after the post-mortem examination was unable to establish a formal cause of death.

The results are expected in two to four weeks, a spokesman said.

The body of the singer was yesterday released to her family after they were forced to carry out the arduous task of identifying her at St Pancras Coroner’s Court.

Her parents broke down in tears as they visited a growing shrine outside their daughter’s £2.5million home in Camden Square, North London.
    Last night, a close friend told the Daily Mail Miss Winehouse had put her affairs in order following her tumultuous two-year marriage to Fielder-Civil, 29, who is currently in prison.
    She wrote the majority of Back To Black about their stormy romance and the friend said: ‘Around the time of the divorce, all of Amy’s finances were sorted out – and Blake can’t get his hands on any of it.
    ‘I am pretty sure that Amy does have a will. As a matter of course with record contracts, financial advisers will make sure that is done.’
    Fielder-Civil was sentenced to 32 months in jail last month for burglary and possession of an imitation firearm.

Speaking from her home in Ruskington, Lincolnshire, his mother Georgette said: ‘He’s devastated and profiting from Amy’s death would be the last thing on his mind.’
    Miss Winehouse’s friends and family will today attend a service at a North London cemetery before her body is cremated in Golders Green.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I read this as Drew Barrymore, and I am like what did she do?
    LOL, I love my Miss Drew forevah...but yeah, I mean Dr. Drew I admired Dr. Drew when he and that moron Adam Carolla did MTV Loveline. I truly believed he was attempting to reach out to young people and get them to be honest about their sexuality. Carolla, OTOH, I wanted to beat with a lead pipe. I still do. I liked Diane Farr as well; no one they replaced her with had the same rapport she had with Drew and Adam. Then they canceled Loveline and he started Celebrity Rehab (maybe he did some gigs in between, but I can't remember), and suddenly he seemed like someone who just wanted notoriety and a fast buck, even it if meant exploiting a bunch of narcissistic has-beens, many who are just on the show to get their faces on camera.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I HATED Loveline. It pissed me off so bad. I'd be grooving out to the radio just getting into it good and, WHAM, here they come with their stupid shit. Fucking jackasses.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Amy's drug-addled ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil left out of her £10million will

Good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I think Kelly's hair is sweet.
    Kelly's hair is like the teased and sprayed tentacles of Medusa. That fucking self-seeking slag.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I HATED Loveline. It pissed me off so bad. I'd be grovving out to the radio just getting into it good and, WHAM, here they come with their stupid shit. Fucking jackasses.
    I only hated Adam. I remember one guy called the TV show to say that he had been sexually assaulted in Army boot camp by his drill sargeant and was suffering from PTSD months later. Adam said, "See, these are the stories the Army doesn't tell you about! Looking for a few good men, yah right!", or something to that effect. Dr. Drew had a rational and understanding feedback for the guy, at least to me. But Adam appalled me.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

‘He’s devastated and profiting from Amy’s death would be the last thing on his mind.’

Countdown to Blaaaaaake selling stories and collaborating on a tell-all book in 3-2-1...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Thread Information