Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I have also been watching Dr Drew.....and I do not think Tom Sizemore is actually SOBER and STRAIGHT--am I the only one? He was twitching and and droning on like a loon! Come on!

Feel bad about Amy. Just watched some of her stuff on Youtube and bitch was great. RIP Amy. You're good now.

ITA

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Latest rumor I read is that Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake inherits...zilch. Cut out of the will.
    Why would she bother to cut him out of her will, they're neither married nor related.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

There have been some stories run about how Britian's laws would make him the inheritor, unless she wrote a new will after they were divorced.

Amy Winehouse: Who Gets the Money

Somewhat ghoulish to be speculating on who will inherit Amy Winehouse’s money so early on I agree: but I have a feeling it could be Blake Fielder-Civil.

It depends upon her will of course, when she wrote it and what she wrote in it. But there’s a part of inheritance and marriage law that an awful lot of people forget about.

Fielder-Civil and Amy Winhouse were, as we all know, married. We also all know that they were divorced. Further, it’s fairly well known that Fielder-Civil received no settlement from the marriage.

Finally, the estimates of Winehouse’s fortune start at around £6 million and go upwards to perhaps £20 million. A number which, as is already being pointed out online, is only likely to grow into the future. Quite apart from anything else the records will still sell, the songs still be played on the radio but there’s no one spending that income.

All of which leads to who will be the beneficiary of that capital and the future income?

Which is where that little piece of law comes in. Marriage rewrites any will made before the marriage. That “I thee with my worldly goods endow” means just that. Divorce undoes those financial shackles, this is true, and there can be a settlement or not, as the parties agree to. However, the one thing, under English law, that divorce does not do is undo the presumption that the natural inheritor is the spouse. In the absence of a will the surviving spouse will inherit at least the bulk of any estate.

Even in the presence of a will written pre-marriage which states otherwise the surviving spouse, or ex-spouse, will again be the natural inheritor. Only if, and I repeat only if, there was a new will written post-divorce which specifically left the estate elsewhere would Blake Fielder-Civil not be the natural inheritor of Winehouse’s estate.

Which is rather a dark thought really: that the heroin addict and petty thief who introduced Winehouse herself to the drug scene could be the beneficiary of her sadly shortened life.

Amy Winehouse: Who Gets the Money - Tim Worstall - It's All Trivial Or Obvious Except - Forbes

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Why would she bother to cut him out of her will, they're neither married nor related.
    Some peculiarity in British law that assumes a divorced spouse is still a spouse, as far as inheritance goes, until remarriage. I saw it referenced in an article about her death yesterday.

Okay, I was starting to think those rag rumors that they secretly remarried were true.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    If he was included in her will, and she never updated it, he will still be a beneficiary.

Cutting him out would be updating it.

Sure it is, but you wondered why she would bother to cut him out if they were no longer married, unless I misunderstood what you wrote.

My assumption being he had no right to inherit, which they tell me is untrue under British law.

I would only hope that her family/management ensured , beyond all possibility, that Fielder Civil would never inherit any of her money etc.

Her family etc were all anticipating her demise as much as the rest of us, so guaranteed they'd make sure her(financial) legacy wouldn't be gifted to a loser who many credit as sending her down the path of hard drugs to begin with....

I saw somewhere that Tom Sizemore and Heidi Fleiss are a couple again. Disaster written all over that one.

I reserve the right to rag on Kelly because she wore this to Amy's funeral.

KellyOsbourneWearsBeehiveHairdoToAmyWinehousesFuneral

Getty/Xposure

By Radar Staff
    Kelly Osbourne and music producer Mark Ronson are among the many mourners at Amy Winehouse’s private funeral Tuesday in the Golders Green area of London.
    Osbourne, 26, arrived at Edgewarebury Cemetery wearing a beehive hairstyle in honor of the late Rehab singer.
    On Saturday, Osbourne poured out her heart on Twitter, writing: “I can’t even breath right my now. I’m crying so hard. I just lost one of my best friends. I love you forever Amy and will never forget the real you!”
    PHOTOS: Kelly Osbourne & Other Celebs Arrive To Amy Winehouse's Funeral
    According to Kelly’s mom Sharon, Winehouse’s friends and family have been gathering at the family home for a seven-day long “shiva” – the Jewish mourning period.
    PHOTOS: The Funeral Of Amy Winehouse
    “She's [Kelly Osbourne] with Amy's mum, they're doing shiva at the house,” Sharon said. “She's there with all the girls that used to hang out [with Winehouse].
    PHOTOS: Amy Winehouse’s Final Resting Place
    In addition to Osbourne, Winehouse’s Back to Black producer Mark Ronson (also Samantha Ronson‘s brother) is also at the funeral.
    Winehouse, 27, was found dead in her London flat on Saturday. The cause of her death has yet to be derermined.

Kelly Osbourne Wears Beehive Hairdo To Amy Winehouse

I guess it's a tribute.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I'd probably have rocked a beehive there too.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

What's wrong with sporting a beehive in tribute to your dead friend? I remember a kid at my school died of cancer and the entire basketball team came to the funeral with shaved heads in solidarity.

Thread Information