Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

^^LOL. I am one of the lucky that can drink and do drugs socially and walk away and never touch them again. Addiction ended my marriage. The result from addiction ended the life of my ex. It was a long painful process and his death was terrible on me and all 3 of his kids. He chose to stop and entered treatment several times. The addiction was still there. Guess he just didn't try hard enough right.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^^LOL. I am one of the lucky that can drink and do drugs socially and walk away and never touch them again. Addiction ended my marriage. The result from addiction ended the life of my ex. It was a long painful process and his death was terrible on me and all 3 of his kids. He chose to stop and entered treatment several times. The addiction was still there. Guess he just didn't try hard enough right.
    There's a reason why AA, NA and recovery says you're an addict for life. Because you are and it's a disease. I'm sorry about your ex, Sluce.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

They have done a preliminary post mortem but there is nothing much to report until the toxicology test results are returned.
    Amy Winehouse post-mortem takes place

Click to play

Amy Winehouse's father Mitch visited her home on Monday morning and thanked fans for their support.

A post-mortem examination into the death of Amy Winehouse has taken place.

No cause of death has been given, while an inquest was opened and adjourned until 26 October. Results of further toxicology tests could take four weeks.
    The 27-year-old singer's body was found on Saturday at her home in Camden, north London.
    Her father Mitch thanked fans for their tributes saying: "I can't tell you what this means to us. It really is making this a lot easier."
    Visiting his daughter's home, he added the loss left him "speechless".
    "Amy was about one thing and that was love. Her whole life was devoted to her family and her friends and to you guys as well," Mitch Winehouse told fans gathered in Camden Square.
    The singer's mother and brother also visited the site to see the flowers, cards and photos fans laid in tribute.
    A representative for Winehouse said the funeral would not take place on Monday.
    A family spokesman said earlier the funeral would be held as soon as possible, with coroners issuing interim death certificates allowing arrangements to be made.
    Traditionally, Jewish funerals take place as quickly as possible following a death.
    In a statement, her family said they had been left "bereft" by their loss, adding: "She leaves a gaping hole in our lives."
    'Musical soulmate'
    The Brit and Grammy award-winner had struggled with drink and drug addiction for many years and had recently spent time in rehab.
    But police have declined to say whether her death was drug-related.
    Police spokesman Supt Raj Kohli said: "It would be inappropriate to speculate on the cause of death."
    He added: "My sympathy extends not just to her immediate family but clearly to the thousands and millions of fans across the world."
    There have been no arrests made.
    Celebrity friends and her fans have been paying tribute to the singer
    The singer, who topped the charts with her album Back To Black, was found dead by a member of her security team.
    The album re-entered the charts on Sunday almost five years after it was released. The record, produced by Mark Ronson, climbed to number 59.
    Tributes have been pouring in from her celebrity friends.
    Ronson, who produced Winehouse's second album Back to Black, said: "She was my musical soulmate and like a sister to me. This is one of the saddest days of my life."
    Comedian and actor Russell Brand posted a statement on his website, saying: "We have lost a beautiful and talented woman."
    Brand, who has also struggled with drug addiction in the past, described one of the first times he saw her perform.
    "Entering the space I saw Amy on stage with [Paul] Weller and his band; and then the awe. The awe that envelops when witnessing a genius," he said.
    At the time he met Winehouse, Brand had not yet completely stopped taking drugs and he said the pair of them "shared an affliction, the disease of addiction".
    Camden stage
    Winehouse made her last public appearance on Wednesday night when she joined her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, on stage at the Roundhouse in Camden.
    The singer danced with 15-year-old Bromfield and encouraged the audience to buy her album in the impromptu appearance.
    Just two hours after news broke of the singer's death, Bromfield took to the stage at a festival in Pontypridd in Wales and did not mention her godmother.
    Music promoters said she had been under no pressure to perform and commended her professionalism.
    Amy Winehouse was close to her father Mitch
    Last month, Winehouse pulled out of a comeback tour after she was jeered during her first gig in Serbia, when she appeared to be too drunk to perform.
    For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.
    She had recently finished a course of alcohol rehabilitation in London and was under strict instructions not to drink.
    Former head of Island Records, Mark Marot, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that the singer's record company had behaved responsibly.
    "Island has behaved very well with Amy, and has taken very public measures to wean her away from self-harming behaviour."
    Alan McGee, the man behind Creation Records, which launched bands like Oasis, Primal Scream and Super Furry Animals, said: "If someone takes too many drugs, it's their problem."
    McGee, who had a well-documented drug problem himself in the 1990s, added: "Only you can get yourself clean, it's all immaterial unless you get clean."
    Winehouse won widespread acclaim with her 2003 debut album, Frank - which was nominated for the Mercury Prize.
    But it was 2006's Back to Black which brought her worldwide stardom, winning five Grammy Awards.

BBC News - Amy Winehouse post-mortem takes place

E! just played a THS: Amy Winehouse and it was only 30 minutes long...kinda sad, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Interesting that no cause of death has been determined yet. I know they have to go through the proper channels, but the probable cause of death seems pretty cut and dry. Between the drugs, the booze, and the eating disorders, she was bound to die young for one reason or another. Very tragic, though. What a waste of talent.
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

I come from a family of 5 kids. Everyone of us was addicted to something. 2 to alcohol, 3 to food. My mother was also an alcoholic like her dad. 2 siblings are dead. I am addicted to food. I'm not REALLY big, size 20, but I struggle every fu**ing day not to eat poorly. My brother who was a recovering drug and alcohol addict said food was the worst addiction because you still need to eat. I am having gastric bypass surgery next month. It will cure my diabetes, (which I've had for almost 20 years) and perhaps for the first time since I was 10 I may be a normal size.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    I come from a family of 5 kids. Everyone of us was addicted to something. 2 to alcohol, 3 to food. My mother was also an alcoholic like her dad. 2 siblings are dead. I am addicted to food. I'm not REALLY big, size 20, but I struggle every fu**ing day not to eat poorly. My brother who was a recovering drug and alcohol addict said food was the worst addiction because you still need to eat. I am having gastric bypass surgery next month. It will cure my diabetes, (which I've had for almost 20 years) and perhaps for the first time since I was 10 I may be a normal size.
    Wow, Nana. Just luck of the draw you are still living. You are doing the right thing!
    Last edited by McJag; July 25th, 2011 at 07:59 PM.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Annika - there is no "cool" crowd or "coterie". Your are equal with everyone else on the board.

Soj - I gave you this suit months ago!!

I love the cuntsuit! lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    See, I do not know if it is the worst or hardest, but it is hard, and I really do think part of it is because you do not abstain from eating, you still have to eat. Not like alcohol or drug addiction where you just do not use it at all.

The only upside is that unless/until you are in the throes of severe anorexia or something like that, it is at least not mind-altering in the way that drugs/alcohol are. And believe me, when you are severely anorexic, chances are you are not thinking clearly at all simply due to the physical starvation and how the brain chemistry changes with that.

You can stay away from bars and pubs not the supermarket.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Ahh but Soj do you prefer the cuntsuit or the pink sparkly burka. That's the real question here.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    You can stay away from bars and pubs not the supermarket.

Actually most people can stay away from the supermarket. A relative of mine, who came close to getting gastric bypass, finally managed to lose and keep off the weight for 7-8 years now by only shopping at farmer's markets and real butchers, its the easiest way to avoid buying all the tempting crap that's in grocery stores.

Yes, its more expensive and more hassle, but she's been at it so long I'm sure its fairly routine now. She's still big, close to 200 pounds, but she's not about to drop dead any minute and her doctor is happy with her.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What I meant is food is everywhere.

True, it is, but if you can stay out of the supermarkets, its easier to avoid a lot of evil shit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That it is.

I wish I could get away with that, but at my boys' age, bulk is a great deal more important. This forces me to use Costco for a large portion of my shopping.

Thread Information