Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    oh well, it was inevitable. I wish she could have rehabilitated, but her demons were too strong. sad.

This was the last song Amy "performed" with her band and singers
    ‪Amy Winehouse - Complete Final Concert - #9/9 - You're Wondering Now (final song performed ever)‬‏ - YouTube

"You're wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end
    You're wondering how, you will pay, for the way you did behave

Curtain has fallen, now you're on your own
    I won't return, forever you will wait "
    this is eerie.
    the pictures of her family from the dailymail article are heartbreaking.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    im not in the cool crowd so no one reads them.
    Cut that out! Saying things like that is the first step to going full PB and that in not a good thing. I read your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    * I am not in the cool crowd either-I do not have a vagina or a massive internet wang, and nobody has given me the cuntsuit to wear either.
    you too And you're lying about the cuntsuit.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Balls. There is no "cool crowd". As for the cuntsuit, Soj I know you've worn it. I had to take it to them damned Dry Cleaners to get the fart stank outta it when you returned it.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Annika - there is no "cool" crowd or "coterie". Your are equal with everyone else on the board.

Soj - I gave you this suit months ago!!

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I do not like the way people are making her into some sort of martyr. I saw something on TV today with fans screaming and crying about how "unfair" this was and how they can't understand how it could happen to such a wonderful person. She was a junkie who had every opportunity to get help, and the fact that she died doesn't suddenly make her a better person. She had a loving family begging her to get clean and the financial resources to pay for the top rehabilitation available. She chose not to do so.

My heart breaks for her family, and they certainly deserve sympathy. But it disgusts me to see Amy herself glorified. I hope that people are able to use this death as an example of the dangerous consequences of drug and alcohol abuse instead of trying to spin it into something cool or paint her as "troubled" or "free spirited" instead of what she was - a junkie who refused to get the help that she needed.

Everytime some celeb dies some fantards go off the deep end, its not exclusive to Amy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Clearly people know dick all about addiction. It's like saying "stupid anorexic, just eat". Some people recover and struggle, others they just don't.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Well she was troubled. And she was talented. I agree martyring or romanticising the ugliness of her problems bothers me too but people are right to be disappointed or sad at the wasted potential and talent. I can't begrudge others their right to mourn the loss of a young life esp since she wasn't hateful or hurtful toward others and made music many enjoyed.

i think also it has to do with the amount of undeniable talent that has been lost. A lot of people really thought she would bounce back and blow us all away. Plus I have never heard anything other than she was a very nice person, other than that whole cracked out crazy bitch thing
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I hope that people are able to use this death as an example of the dangerous consequences of drug and alcohol abuse instead of trying to spin it into something cool or paint her as "troubled" or "free spirited" instead of what she was - a junkie who refused to get the help that she needed.
    Oh to live life with with such a simplistic view. I miss those days.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

She paid the highest price she could for her addiction. I see no reason to try and punish her further by judging her, but making her a martyr doesn't make sense either.

She had a brilliant, but diseased mind and she's gone too young.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Oh to live life with with such a simplistic view. I miss those days.
    i know.

i miss my old black and white view of the world. it was a lot easier to have strong opinions and argue. more entertaining for everyone. btw - not picking on SB here, i just remember a time when i had beliefs like hers. my experience has changed and so have my opinions.

^^ITA. My comment was not meant as a slight at SB - just a walk down memory lane when life was so clear cut. LOL

But drugs are fun, these people are enjoying themselves.

Well it is a lifestyle choice, after all. Tsk tsk
    Last edited by nancydrew; July 25th, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Thread Information