Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I don't think anyone chooses to be an addict either but they choose to try drugs in the first place. Some people might have a predisposition to get addicted more easily than others but that doesn't dispense them from any responsibilty for their actions. Everyone knows that nothing good comes from crack or heroine but yet they decide to do it.
    I wouldn't compare addictions with other mental illnesses like schizophrenia or bi-polar disorder because those people never had an influence on their disease.
    Lenny - most people start off drinking alcohol which is legal. The addiction kicks in and they need more and different experiences and move on to drugs. People with mental illness are the same. I treat them everyday. They have a choice to make which is to admit they have an issue and get help. The biggest problem with bi-polar and schizo is patients who stop taking their meds. That is a choice they make, just like using a drug, if you want to look at it realistically.
    Last edited by sluce; July 25th, 2011 at 09:41 AM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Once again, pot... meet kettle..

ETA shit I really need to quote what I am replying to. It was the whole waste of space shit, FYI
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't believe any human is awaste, of space or otherwise. Until the day they die, there is always hope for people.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie the kid View Post
    God, it's about time she overdosed. Amy Winehouse made one decent album and spent the rest of her obnoxious life using drugs. She was a waste of space.
    Should have been you, cunt.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Another waste of talent and potential. Feeling bad for her loved ones.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Lenny - most people start off drinking alcohol which is legal. The addiction kicks in and they need more and different experiences and move on to drugs. People with mental illness are the same. I treat them everyday. They have a choice to make which is to admit they have an issue and get help. The biggest problem with bi-polar and schizo is patients who stop taking their meds. That is a choice they make, just like using a drug, if you want to look at it realistically.
    My cousin was just visiting. She has been sober for about 25 years, after joining AA. She has been surrounded by addicts, to both alcohol and drugs, for those years.

Her opinion was that heroin addicts were the most difficult to treat, and she said a lot of facilities won't even take them because they are considered such poor prospects for recovery.

One of her friends had a 17-year-old heroin-addict son who was accepted into a "jail"-style facility, where the person can't leave until they complete the program, and until someone says that they will accept them into their home to keep an eye on them.

At the end of the program, my cousin's friend said that she would take her son back into their home (although they had grave reservations because they had two younger non-addicted children living with them). Before they could get to the facility, he had gone out, picked up some stuff, gone back to his room in the facility and overdosed. When the parents got there, their son was lying in his bed, brain dead.

My cousin doesn't believe that people make the choice to use or, especially, to be addicts. She believes that it is something almost genetic, ingrained into your personality. Since she and her husband are both recovering addicts (with 25 years of sobriety), she lives in fear that her three sons might have the gene/propensity. She talks with them a lot, though, so that they understand the risks, and know what she went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    Should have been you, cunt.
    THIS
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

For the record - I do not believe addicts are capable of making choices. In my post I was trying to point out to Lenny that those with mental illness could been viewed with the same standards. Addiction is a mental illness and these people have lost the ability to make sound choices. Otherwise they would choose to not drink, do drugs or would choose to take their meds daily in cases of bi-pol and schizo.

I had one wife is session say it is a disease but if her husband had cancer he would choose to get help so she couldn't understand why he would get help for his addiction. It took a long time for her to realize that cancer is not a mental illness and the two cannot be compared.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    look i didn't say there was no hope and it should be an excuse to continue, i was just saying i felt addiction was a disease. you don't have to agree with it i guess.

as far as food is concerned, people can look at bad foods as an alcoholic would, i mean an alcoholic still has to drink water right? it just shouldn't be laced with vodka. you can eat healthy food, just think of fast food as beer and cakes are like cocktails. you stay away from that shit, on the wagon so to speak. that's the analogy i try to use.
    Huh? I wasn't responding to a single thing you said-just to what heaven said-it is hard with food addictions, and I think part of that is you can't 'quit' food.

the rest was board 'injoking'.

I did not even read your post at first..sorry. And yeah, I do think it (addiction) is a disease btw.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    For the record - I do not believe addicts are capable of making choices. In my post I was trying to point out to Lenny that those with mental illness could been viewed with the same standards. Addiction is a mental illness and these people have lost the ability to make sound choices. Otherwise they would choose to not drink, do drugs or would choose to take their meds daily in cases of bi-pol and schizo.

I had one wife is session say it is a disease but if her husband had cancer he would choose to get help so she couldn't understand why he would get help for his addiction. It took a long time for her to realize that cancer is not a mental illness and the two cannot be compared.
    I agree it's a mental illness either brought on by dna or just some cross-wiring in the brain that makes one prone to addiction.

And isn't it also true that once someone starts abusing, their brain re-wires to want/need the drug even more? It's like a maze they get stuck in and it's terribly difficult to get out.

So did they say what she OD'ed on? Heroin?

TMZ posted 16 minutes ago that the autopsy is underway right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Huh? I wasn't responding to a single thing you said-just to what heaven said-it is hard with food addictions, and I think part of that is you can't 'quit' food.

the rest was board 'injoking'.

I did not even read your post at first..sorry. And yeah, I do think it (addiction) is a disease btw.

ahhh i see, now it makes sense why i hardly ever get replies to my posts, lol, im not in the cool crowd so no one reads them.

sorry, i read all the posts on the board. my bad. i thought everyone else did that too.

anyways...

they are doing the autopsy right now.

Results will take weeks though for the tox screen to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    ahhh i see, now it makes sense why i hardly ever get replies to my posts, lol, im not in the cool crowd so no one reads them.

sorry, i read all the posts on the board. my bad. i thought everyone else did that too.

anyways...

they are doing the autopsy right now.
    I normally do read all the posts, but skipped that one and a few others..I do not make it a habit of skipping your posts! lol. I just noticed that one line in heaven's response and responded to it.

* I am not in the cool crowd either-I do not have a vagina or a massive internet wang, and nobody has given me the cuntsuit to wear either.

Thread Information