Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    The thing that struck me, I see no-one quoting Tommy Lee's twitter.
    Nah, caught my eye too. He has a good point but perhaps a bit bluntly expressed. Especially compared to Russell Brand.

But then, I doubt Tommy Lee likes to admit that addiction is a disease and not just dabbling. As then he might need to admit a few uncomfortable home truths about himself!
    Posted from my iPhone

Amy's heartbroken parents visited the home, met fans and their tributes,

Daily Mail
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

screams? where was her security??? I'm not understanding this at ALL!
    & not a single fuck was given...

OK, sounds like the screams are a famewhore neighbour looking for a quote.
    Posted from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I don't think anyone chooses to be an addict either but they choose to try drugs in the first place.

my cousin got in an accident and was prescribed painkillers BY A DOCTOR, not a dealer in a dark alley. she took them for the pain and was getting better but she was on them for so long she can't function without them. so she keeps saying she has pain and gets more painkillers. now she's all f'ed up on pills. and she has this wicked tolerance and has to take more and more. she was a normal every day girl and now she's a pill head. we never would have thought she would end up that way. especially since her dad was a big cokehead, which she always spoke negatively about, but perhaps it was in her genes to lose control.

Some people might have a predisposition to get addicted more easily than others but that doesn't dispense them from any responsibilty for their actions. Everyone knows that nothing good comes from crack or heroine but yet they decide to do it.

not everyone is so "perfect" to completely abstain from experimenting. a lot of people start trying different kinds of drugs as teens and they haven't even developed the part of their brain that realizes consequences till they are in their early twenties, by then, some of them are in the throes of addiction. many people don't think it will happen to them. 'just this once'. and wow that felt good i'll try it again. no one goes into it expecting to end up a homeless junkie prostituting for money or anything, i mean i've never met someone with that for a life plan. call it a bad trick our minds play on us but people never think they will end up like that. so that's why they try it. yeah we know nothing good can come from drugs but "i won't be that person"

I wouldn't compare addictions with other mental illnesses like schizophrenia or bi-polar disorder because those people never had an influence on their disease.

it's still a disease and in my opinion is no different, you didn't influence your brain to be born with an addictive personality. it was already there, and be it drugs, alcohol, food, shopping, gambling... these people feel helpless and believe that they cannot stop. at one point in time their addictions gave them a boost of good feeling and that's what rewired their brain to make them think they still should be doing it. they want to feel that way again. and some people have such a deep relationship with their addictions that they are scared to lose who they are or have become without their chosen 'drug'.

i have a totally addictive personality, my whole family does. my mom's addiction is food, it's killing her and she can't stop. does it piss me off? yes, because i know she's heading for a massive coronary - and i can't stop her. but i can empathize with her because i know how she feels. food is her comfort and she knows it's killing her but as much as she tries to change her eating habits she will stop for a while and then completely go to a fast food restaurant and gorge out like she's never going to eat again. when she does die of that heart attack i'm not going to say 'it was her own fault she could have gotten help' what help? they have programs and groups and clinics and rehab for things, how much does that really help people? people like dr. drew. how many addicts have relapsed on his show? until people stop treating this like some sort of 'personality defect' and like a real disease, no one is going to get better. i don't know what the statistics are for people who stay clean for the rest of their lives but i know it's not as many who relapse.

and i don't think they will 'cure' people for a long time who have addictions because of the disgust and misunderstanding behind it all. we can all sit here on our high and mighty thrones acting cavalier and like we are so good.

we must have some pretty perfect lives to be so judgemental.

that is my amyfesto. or antipasto, manipedi or whatever.

All I am saying is that I believe that there is such a thing as predisposition but I also believe everybody is born with a free will and is not doomed to behave in a certain way due to this predispositions. If it sounds judgmental to you that I don't believe in predestination I can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    As a total tangent, after 9/11 some Mexican citizens brought bagels and cans of Coke to the US embassy in tribute. I always thought that was sweet.
    particularly since the Coke from Mexico has real sugar in it instead of corn!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    Y'all are some dicks. Lol
    Truth.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Problem with Wino is that she never tried to get help. Sure, she went to rehab once or twice but that was because she was forced to by others. Never did it on her own.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i have a totally addictive personality, my whole family does. my mom's addiction is food, it's killing her and she can't stop. does it piss me off? yes, because i know she's heading for a massive coronary - and i can't stop her. but i can empathize with her because i know how she feels. food is her comfort and she knows it's killing her but as much as she tries to change her eating habits she will stop for a while and then completely go to a fast food restaurant and gorge out like she's never going to eat again. when she does die of that heart attack i'm not going to say 'it was her own fault she could have gotten help' what help? they have programs and groups and clinics and rehab for things, how much does that really help people? people like dr. drew. how many addicts have relapsed on his show? until people stop treating this like some sort of 'personality defect' and like a real disease, no one is going to get better. i don't know what the statistics are for people who stay clean for the rest of their lives but i know it's not as many who relapse.

and i don't think they will 'cure' people for a long time who have addictions because of the disgust and misunderstanding behind it all. we can all sit here on our high and mighty thrones acting cavalier and like we are so good.

we must have some pretty perfect lives to be so judgemental.
    that is my amyfesto. or antipasto, manipedi or whatever.
    Hear, hear, wonderful amyfesto!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Not really. How about Jacko?
    Now that is not fair-there is simply no comparison to that. When I heard the news (after getting over the simple surprise of it all) I actually leapt into the air with joy!!!!

No thumbs up for that..it would need a brass fucking band and a ticker tape parade(if there were such emoticons).

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post

It's hard when you're addicted to food. I get stressed out and keeping thinking food will help, but it only makes you feel worse. Still, like with drugs, it seems like a quick fix. You get that initial high and then go back for when you crash down again.

Of course, society doesn't believe it because all fatties are greedy pigs.
    I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenseventeen View Post
    It's hard when you're addicted to food. I get stressed out and keeping thinking food will help, but it only makes you feel worse. Still, like with drugs, it seems like a quick fix. You get that initial high and then go back for when you crash down again.

Of course, society doesn't believe it because all fatties are greedy pigs.
    It is hard with food addictions...because there is no 'abstinence' involved. You can't just give it up and abstain from eating.

And remember, it is not your fault-it is your 'genetic destiny'. -you can always fall back on that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    or of course you can take the other approach and all of us with a few pounds to drop can run into our bedrooms and pull out those pearl handled revolvers and stuff them in our mouths and blow our brains out through the back of our head, cause Lord knows, we should not be fit to live with ourselves. [end sarcasm]

I didn't care for the little bit of her music I have heard in the past. I do feel for her parents and family. But I guess am I not surprised or feel that much for her. She has had people trying to help her for years, and she lived and died by her choices. Just like we all do and will. She wasted the life and talents given to her,....sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    It is hard with food addictions...because there is no 'abstinence' involved. You can't just give it up and abstain from eating.

And remember, it is not your fault-it is your 'genetic destiny'. -you can always fall back on that.
    look i didn't say there was no hope and it should be an excuse to continue, i was just saying i felt addiction was a disease. you don't have to agree with it i guess.

as far as food is concerned, people can look at bad foods as an alcoholic would, i mean an alcoholic still has to drink water right? it just shouldn't be laced with vodka. you can eat healthy food, just think of fast food as beer and cakes are like cocktails. you stay away from that shit, on the wagon so to speak. that's the analogy i try to use.

God, it's about time she overdosed. Amy Winehouse made one decent album and spent the rest of her obnoxious life using drugs. She was a waste of space.

Thread Information