Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Alot of people In general have said they hope this makes lindsey wake up. But im thinking about that recent blind about the country star that is getting a habit of her own. i hope if its taylor swift that she learns from this

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i think they have established that addiction issues have something to do with your brain so i don't really believe someone chooses to be an addict. i mean seriously who the hell in their right mind would choose to be a strung out junkie. and there are lots who try to get help and just keep relapsing because they are truly sick.

the world is still so judgy about any illness that involves the brain. if it's a disease that affects the body like MS or the heart everyone is so understanding. but if it affects your brain and makes you act strangely people judge. like they think the brain is something you can completely control. i'm not saying anyone here is doing this. but just generally with some people who don't have to live with any sort of mental illness (and even some who do and are just assholes to the sick person)
    Great post!!! thank you!!! these illnesses are so hard to treat when the organ being question won't/can't admit it needs help. Catch-22. Other peoples' shitty attitudes make it so much worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche View Post
    you are. I can see your post when I leave the forum because I get logged out
    Wait. So, you just happened to log out at the right moment to read the post Venus wrote and then you quickly managed to log in again before anyone else had posted to post this reply? Or something like that.

My bullshit detector is going off...

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    i have them both. but the penis is my brain though
    Yow. Your penis is in your brain or it IS your brain? Either way...cool, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    ...some just cant stop. i have seen friends shoot up "just once" and die of overdose later in life.

so take your head out of your ass and stop talking like u know something about life just because u have an internet connection and u can type.
    Every noob here should probably have to write that out a hundred times before they're allowed to post.

And I totally agree with you. Everyone has their poison. It's all very personal. If I've got chocolate I will eat it ALL, immediately, no matter how disgusting it makes me feel.

But a friend of mine left a nice big baggie of weed in my house a few months ago and I could not care less. I keep forgetting where it is. I hope I don't throw it out by accident...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *draws a diagram*

Winehouse was a crackwhore who probably screamed and foamed at the mouth at all hours of the day and night. If you called the cops every time she was loud and drunk, YOU WOULD BE ON THE PHONE ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT. In other words, she was loud and drunk A LOT.

*puts away the crayons*
    If "Noob Wrangler" could be a paid position here you could quit your day job...

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    So did anyone read Courtney's blurb to RS?

"We are sensitive, and people around us take advantage of that. It is fucking pain every day and every night."

Sounds like she is assuming Kurts life not hers. I love that she is delusional enough to think she is the goddamned junkie whisperer though.
    It really frosts my biscuit that Courtney the useless, sociopathic junkie whore still lives and breathes and Amy Winehouse is dead.

In fact, I wish some mysterious and unique disaster could take out Courtney AND "Blaaaaaaaaaaaaake" at the same time. Because the last thing I read is that Amy's final downward spiral had to do with her nice, good-looking, normal boyfriend objecting to her continuing communications with that foul Nancy Spungen clone Blaaaaaaaauuuggghhh. You know the little shit kept phoning her up from jail wanting her to visit and slip him money and 'treats'. User to the end. Poor Blakey, he'll have to mooch off of someone else now. May he rot.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    The thumbs up accompanying the post title is messed up. I'm not shocked she's dead, but life threatening addiction is devastating and can happen to anyone, and she didn't deserve death. I know it's never been a place of compassion around here when it comes to fucked up celebrities, but thumbs up is a bit much.
    Yeah. That would work better on a Lindsay Lohan death thread. Not that she will EVER die.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

If people start learning from this, then there won't be much to mock on here.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If people start learning from this, then there won't be much to mock on here.
    Lol good point. Lets be honest thing will keep on going on with celebrities

But man charlie sheen and lohan hae like 50 lives. lol god damn

... nah, fits just right. She wasted a 1 in a million opportunity that more deserving people will never see.

Would you be upset if it was Pete cockroach Doherty? Doubtful.

Well, when you put it that way, i see your point. And Pete Doherty is still alive? Could've fooled me.

I will take all the thumbs up emoticons on second thought, over the tired rehab jokes that aren't funny or clever.

Carry on...

Whoa, some serious jacktardery going on up in here.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

RIP Amy.
    Too bad she couldn't do a Marianne Faithful and get off the hard stuff and go on to make more music into her 60s.
    And I have to say, I'm shocked that Amy preceeded Whitney. I thought for sure that she'd be first.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i think they have established that addiction issues have something to do with your brain so i don't really believe someone chooses to be an addict. i mean seriously who the hell in their right mind would choose to be a strung out junkie. and there are lots who try to get help and just keep relapsing because they are truly sick.

the world is still so judgy about any illness that involves the brain. if it's a disease that affects the body like MS or the heart everyone is so understanding. but if it affects your brain and makes you act strangely people judge. like they think the brain is something you can completely control. i'm not saying anyone here is doing this. but just generally with some people who don't have to live with any sort of mental illness (and even some who do and are just assholes to the sick person)
    I don't think anyone chooses to be an addict either but they choose to try drugs in the first place. Some people might have a predisposition to get addicted more easily than others but that doesn't dispense them from any responsibilty for their actions. Everyone knows that nothing good comes from crack or heroine but yet they decide to do it.
    I wouldn't compare addictions with other mental illnesses like schizophrenia or bi-polar disorder because those people never had an influence on their disease.
    Last edited by Lenny; July 25th, 2011 at 03:17 AM.

Rigor mortis had set in? Err, an earlier report said the paramedics found her in distress and couldn't save her.

Bronze Member

Sad but not a shock.. loved her music and such a waste of talent.. the musician lifestyle is a tough gig and many don't make it out alive... RIP amy you will be missed

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Rigor mortis had set in? Err, an earlier report said the paramedics found her in distress and couldn't save her.
    yeah I was puzzled by that. The media are all second guessing on this, especially the new rumour she was on heroin, coke, ecstacy and ketamine. Of late she certainly didn't look like she was back on the drugs - just with a deadly alcohol problem. Maybe if she'd suddenly decided to have a drug cocktail after not taking for a while, her body couldn't cope with the shock of it.

Anyway, they are doing the post mortem this morning I believe so we'll have the answers soon.

Bronze Member

Default For Amy

Russell Brand wrote a piece for/about Amy which appeared in the Guardian this morning. It's lovely.

When you love someone who suffers from the disease of addiction you await the phone call. There will be a phone call. The sincere hope is that the call will be from the addict themselves, telling you they've had enough, that they're ready to stop, ready to try something new. Of course though, you fear the other call, the sad nocturnal chime from a friend or relative telling you it's too late, she's gone.

Frustratingly it's not a call you can ever make it must be received. It is impossible to intervene.

I've known Amy Winehouse for years. When I first met her around Camden she was just some twit in a pink satin jacket shuffling round bars with mutual friends, most of whom were in cool indie bands or peripheral Camden figures Withnail-ing their way through life on impotent charisma

Bronze Member

Carl Barāt told me that Winehouse (which I usually called her and got a kick out of cos it's kind of funny to call a girl by her surname) was a jazz singer, which struck me as a bizarrely anomalous in that crowd. To me with my limited musical knowledge this information placed Amy beyond an invisible boundary of relevance: "Jazz singer? She must be some kind of eccentric," I thought. I chatted to her anyway though, she was after all, a girl, and she was sweet and peculiar but most of all vulnerable.

I was myself at that time barely out of rehab and was thirstily seeking less complicated women so I barely reflected on the now glaringly obvious fact that Winehouse and I shared an affliction, the disease of addiction. All addicts, regardless of the substance or their social status share a consistent and obvious symptom; they're not quite present when you talk to them. They communicate to you through a barely discernible but unignorable veil. Whether a homeless smack head troubling you for 50p for a cup of tea or a coked-up, pinstriped exec foaming off about his speedboat, there is a toxic aura that prevents connection. They have about them the air of elsewhere, that they're looking through you to somewhere else they'd rather be. And of course they are. The priority of any addict is to anaesthetise the pain of living to ease the passage of the day with some purchased relief.

From time to time I'd bump into Amy she had good banter so we could chat a bit and have a laugh, she was a character but that world was riddled with half-cut, doped-up chancers, I was one of them, even in early recovery I was kept afloat only by clinging to the bodies of strangers so Winehouse, but for her gentle quirks didn't especially register.

Then she became massively famous and I was pleased to see her acknowledged but mostly baffled because I'd not experienced her work. This not being the 1950s, I wondered how a jazz singer had achieved such cultural prominence. I wasn't curious enough to do anything so extreme as listen to her music or go to one of her gigs, I was becoming famous myself at the time and that was an all consuming experience. It was only by chance that I attended a Paul Weller gig at the Roundhouse that I ever saw her live.

Bronze Member

I arrived late and as I made my way to the audience through the plastic smiles and plastic cups I heard the rolling, wondrous resonance of a female vocal. Entering the space I saw Amy on stage with Weller and his band; and then the awe. The awe that envelops when witnessing a genius. From her oddly dainty presence that voice, a voice that seemed not to come from her but from somewhere beyond even Billie and Ella, from the font of all greatness. A voice that was filled with such power and pain that it was at once entirely human yet laced with the divine. My ears, my mouth, my heart and mind all instantly opened. Winehouse. Winehouse? Winehouse! That twerp, all eyeliner and lager dithering up Chalk Farm Road under a back-combed barnet, the lips that I'd only seen clenching a fishwife fag and dribbling curses now a portal for this holy sound.

So now I knew. She wasn't just some hapless wannabe, yet another pissed-up nit who was never gonna make it, nor was she even a ten-a-penny-chanteuse enjoying her fifteen minutes. She was a fucking genius.

Shallow fool that I am, I now regarded her in a different light, the light that blazed down from heaven when she sang. That lit her up now and a new phase in our friendship began. She came on a few of my TV and radio shows, I still saw her about but now attended to her with a little more interest. Publicly though, Amy increasingly became defined by her addiction. Our media though is more interested in tragedy than talent, so the ink began to defect from praising her gift to chronicling her downfall. The destructive personal relationships, the blood-soaked ballet slippers, the aborted shows, that YouTube madness with the baby mice. In the public perception this ephemeral tittle-tattle replaced her timeless talent. This and her manner in our occasional meetings brought home to me the severity of her condition.

Addiction is a serious disease; it will end with jail, mental institutions or death. I was 27 years old when through the friendship and help of Chip Somers of the treatment centre Focus 12 I found recovery. Through Focus I was introduced to support fellowships for alcoholics and drug addicts that are very easy to find and open to anybody with a desire to stop drinking and without which I would not be alive.

Bronze Member

Now Amy Winehouse is dead, like many others whose unnecessary deaths have been retrospectively romanticised, at 27 years old. Whether this tragedy was preventable or not is now irrelevant. It is not preventable today. We have lost a beautiful and talented woman to this disease. Not all addicts have Amy's incredible talent. Or Kurt's or Jimi's or Janis's. Some people just get the affliction. All we can do is adapt the way we view this condition, not as a crime or a romantic affectation but as a disease that will kill.

We need to review the way society treats addicts, not as criminals but as sick people in need of care. We need to look at the way our government funds rehabilitation. It is cheaper to rehabilitate an addict than to send them to prison, so criminalisation doesn't even make economic sense. Not all of us know someone with the incredible talent that Amy had but we all know drunks and junkies and they all need help and the help is out there. All they have to do is pick up the phone and make the call. Or not. Either way, there will be a phone call.

Thread Information