Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Such a shame. She really had potential. Poor Blaaake.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Yeah I was just about to link the Daily Fail article. It says her father hasn't been told yet as he's travelling. Jeez, I know this is breaking news but they could have at least waited until he was told.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Se was talented but tossed it all away on booze and drugs.

You couldn't post the article?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

BREAKING NEWS: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat

By Sarah Bull

Last updated at 5:50 PM on 23rd July 2011

• London Ambulance Service found singer at 3.54pm but unable to save her life
    • Police treated death as 'unexplained'
    Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London, it has been reported.
    The Back To Black singer was apparently found at the property in by emergency services at 3.54pm this afternoon, according to sources, and her death is being treated as 'unexplained' by police.
    In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: 'Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

Passing: Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home this afternoon

'On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

'Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained.’

Picture of health: Amy was spotted out and about in London earlier this month

It is thought her father Mitch has yet to find out about his daughter's untimely passing, as he is currently on his way to America to perform at a jazz festival.
    Winehouse had been seen with her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield earlier this week as the teenager took to the stage at the iTunes festival.
    She refused to join in for Mama Said, but did support the 14-year-old with a few dance moves before urging the crowd to buy Dionne's new album Good For The Soul.
    A source said: 'Amy staggered onstage and grabbed the mic to beg the crowd to buy her protege’s new album.'
    Winehouse's appearance at the concert came after she cancelled her European tour following a disastrous performance in June when she stumbled onto the stage in Belgrade and gave an incoherent performance appearing very disorientated and removed from reality.
    Following the concert which saw fans enraged and the subsequent video that circulated to millions she cancelled the remaining dates of her European tour.

A statement released by the troubled singer's spokesperson said that the singer would be given 'as long as it takes' to recover.

Daddy's girl: Amy was very close to her father Mitch, who is believed not to know about his daughter's death

The statement read: 'Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances.

'Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen.'

Winehouse had been working on her long-awaited new album, the follow-up to her 2006 breakthrough multi-million selling Back To Black, for the past three years.
    Winehouse has had a troubled life which has included various stints in rehab for drug and alcohol addiction.
    In an interview in 2008, her mother Janis said she would be unsurprised if her daughter died before her time.
    She said: 'I've known for a long time that my daughter has problems. But seeing it on screen rammed it home. I realise my daughter could be dead within the year. We're watching her kill herself, slowly.
    'I've already come to terms with her dead. I've steeled myself to ask her what ground she wants to be buried in, which cemetery. Because the drugs will get her if she stays on this road.
    'I look at Heath Ledger and Britney. She's on their path. It's like watching a car crash - this person throwing all these gifts away.'
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

23 July 2011 Last updated at 12:41 ET

Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her home, the Press Association has reported.
    Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of her European tour after she was jeered at her comeback gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.
    For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.
    The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her musical career in recent years.
    A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.
    London Ambulance Service had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two ambulances but the woman died, it said.
    Winehouse had won widespread acclaim, aged 20, with her 2003 debut album, Frank.
    But it was 2006's Back to Black which brought her worldwide stardom, winning five Grammy Awards.

BBC News - Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

Such a waste of talent. I believe her mental issues were more devastating than her addictions. R.I.P. Amy, hope you'll find peace at last.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

RIP. what a waste. She was talented but couldn't fight her demons.

She's part of the '27' club ala Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix now...
    Posted from my iPhone

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    You couldn't post the article?
    To be quite honest I'm surprised I was able to make the link clickable

Fuck. I'm pissed about this. She had such talent and such potential and she pissed it away. Her poor father.

Bronze Member

RIP Amy, really loved your music

Well damn...Not surprised though
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Wow. I feel sorry for her parents.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information