Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    One of my favorite live performances of all time: Amy at the Mercury Awards in 2007. Brilliant.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbzUGoT-0TI[/YOUTUBE]
    it's really a bit brilliant. sorta like Adele's 'Someone like you' @ the Brit Awards. Just about the voice.

Amy had a unique voice even though her songs never landed on my HD or iphone.

The family pics are indeed sad because she clearly was loved and it must be horror for her love ones that she could not fight her issues and they had to watch the mess. Helplessness is one of the worst feelings, her parents probably suffered so much more than Amy.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

she was looking SO much healthier than she had back in 2008 with her crusty face and emaciated body. still skinny, but she actually had the color of real skin on her.

this is no surprise, but i'm still a little sad and pissed about this. i feel sorry for her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I think it has more to do with complications from her ED than drugs... her heart was probably all fucked up.
    i think so, too.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Grimm should get an every so slight slap* on the wrist for the thumbs up IMO-this is not Lohan or Doherty or such where it would be more appropriate. JMHO.

*just a little tap really. So I can pretend to still have a small little shriveled dusty shred of decency left in me.

Elite Member

No doubt the past 24 hrs have been excrutiating for Amy's loved ones. Hopefully her parents find some peace and don't torture themselves with all the 'what if's'. They did all they could. I'm sure her addiction took them through a painful, horrific ride.

She looked so much better when she was an a healthy weight.

These photos below were taken in 2008. Caption said her father went to pick her up and here they are leaving her London home at 9:30pm or so. Paparazzi were there, snapping photos. Her father looks fiercely protective and distressed. Amy looks totally wasted.

Last edited by PrettyGirl; July 24th, 2011 at 04:13 AM.

Elite Member

Mitch said in 2008 that Amy had emphysema and his prediction was that she'd die of that rather than an overdose.

[youtube]gWwITG9kRJQ[/youtube]

She apparently went on an alcohol and ecstasy bender before her death.
    Amy Winehouse dies following a suspected ecstasy overdose... | Mr Paparazzi

Here in America she was not so well known. I've seen the video here and listened to the music--I liked her voice and her style. Her material was all over the map, like Mariah Carey? Good voice, shitty material.

But the Serbia video--geezus, she was incoherent and couldn't even stand up on her own. Done for, doll. People aren't going to pay money for that.

The drugs and the plastic surgery and the booze, it all requires lots and lots of money. If you want that money, you need to deliver a music product that people will pay for. She didn't.

She wanted the swill but couldn't deliver the goods. Amy was consumed by the marketing and her needs and human frailties.

I'm sorry she's gone because I think there was a lot of good music left in her somewhere. Not sure if she ever would have found it no matter how long she might have lived. She didn't know where to look.

Sad that she self destructed before she finished her music journey, for that we the audience have been short-shrifted. For herself, she was drug addled mess without equilibrium. It all ended in a predictable way.

I think AllieCat won the "deathpool" with this prediction in 2009.

Look at her Dad taking her away. Her parents loved her so much.
    My heart just breaks for them.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

I know she was a grown-ass woman who made her choices. It still saddens me deeply. Amy was loved by her family (not used or encouraged to be gossip fodder like a Kardashian or Lohan.) She obviously loved them back.

In a world where these celebrity girls, who can't sing or write music, use every drug they dabble with or sex partner for narcissistic gain, Amy was completely real. She was naked before us, which is what made her songs and voice so unique and arresting.

I wanted more albums full of songs written by Amy. She made music that came from a deep well of frightening resources that she was unafraid to dive into. Yeah, I think she was a brave songwriter. Music wasn't fashion for Amy. You can't steal it, try it on and discard it. Music isn't a gimmick. Music is soul.

It doesn't surprise me that the bigger assholes in the world know how to take drugs and live. They know how to use, after all. That's their MO, use everything around them to get high and avoid any consequences.

The difference is people like Amy (and Kurt Cobain and Nico, too) probably felt the doom in her first heroin injection. Some sort of weird personal integrity decided that it was her path alone to destroy herself completely.

I really wish that Amy had aged like Lou Reed rather than join the 27 Club. She had the potential to write and sing as the scarred survivor for years to come. I'm so bitter. Musically, in a world of canned youth devoid of any meaning, we need a voice like this to cut through the stinking piles of horse crap dressed up as song.

Ah well, I guess no one can save a person but themselves.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Hit By Ban Bus!

Shocking but not surprising, that she died. It's still sad though. Addict or not, famous or not, people consumed by their demons is sad to watch. Hopefully now, she's free of them.

For the fucked up young but talented artists, actors, etc. out there...especially singers...who are not putting other people in danger but are just trashing themselves and putting their loved ones through agony...

Check into some lock down rehab the day before you turn 27, and check out the day after you turn 28! if nothing else

For the untalented trash that puts other people's lives in danger(Doherty, Lohan, etc)...

go all out when you turn 27! No. Holds. Barred. Join the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    For the untalented trash that puts other people's lives in danger(Doherty, Lohan, etc)...
    Doherty is quite talented. I can't believe you put him side by side with Lohan! Yes, he is a total mess though.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Doherty is quite talented. I can't believe you put him side by side with Lohan! Yes, he is a total mess though.
    It is more the 'putting other people's lives in danger' with him-he is suspected of killing people-like throwing that guy off the roof. Total disregard for the life of anyone else-to such an absurd and horrific degree.

Lohan has no talent, but even she is not at the danger level of Doherty(yet). Of course the more they just slap her hands, the more likely she will kill someone.

Winehouse had talent and was just self destructive(as far as I know).

Thread Information