Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse is dead from possibly a drug overdose..details coming..

Quote Originally Posted by checkersabrina21 View Post
    Lady GaGa: ‘Cocaine is The Devil’ | Showbiz Spy - celebrity news, rumors & gossip

OK, there's a link for you, proving what I'm saying is right. At least it's not from some "ex-bf who owns a gaga site", heh, like that's gonna make a mark!

Want a medal or a bitch tit to hang it from? I can't be arsed to find the source, but fantard on little monster.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjlegendary18 View Post
    Sources close to Amy Winehouse tell PerezHilton.com exclusively that they believe drugs were not responsible for the singer's untimely death.
    Instead, they believe Amy's passing was brought on by a massive seizure.
    "The hardcore drugs completely wrecked Amy's nervous system," an insider tells us. "She gave up all that [hardcore drugs] a while ago but she was still drinking heavily, which would bring on seizures."
    Amy had been suffering from seizures regularly and despite being warned by doctors kept drinking.
    An official autopsy has yet to be completed.

That may explain the "screaming" that neighbor heard yesterday....it seems plausible.

If this theory turns out to be right I am curious to what the dumb people and newspapers(nypost) that jumped the gun and said drug overdose
    They say withdrawal this intense happens even without alcohol or medication. But great theory, though! It is possible that she just suffocated after passing out, and no one was there to give her ammonia or better air.

God why do these fantards just come out of the woodwork in the most random threads?

eta: Sorry for harping on the ED thing but chronic malnourishment leads to seizures, too.. not that the drugs and the ED are easily separable.. I'm sure they fed into one another. The fact that a neighbor heard screaming just kills me... that's a terrible way to go. But it was going to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by checkersabrina21 View Post
    They say withdrawal this intense happens even without alcohol or medication. But great theory, though! It is possible that she just suffocated after passing out, and no one was there to give her ammonia or better air.
    Yep for now I'm thinking this was the case. I don't see any other reason she would be screaming....I know the guy didn't exactly say it was her screaming but she was alone at the time wasn't she?. He said she is usually quiet there so I'm kinda of going with the seizure theory for now.

But seriously though imagine the irony....dying of a seizure which if it happened must have been completely scary for her. I don't think she ever imagined going that way.

Another thing is there are a lot of ignorant people that don't realize she has been off drugs(most likely) for years. Yea we know about the recent alcohol problems(and technically speaking alcohol is a drug)....but there are actually people that haven't been keeping up with her and thought she frequently was doing hard core drugs.

Well no matter what we will all have the answers after today when the autopsy is done.

So no one is going to throw out the "Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake off'd her" theory?
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I guess it's possible, but she was so far gone all by herself and he's in jail (I think) it's more likely she did it solo.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Oh for real? I didn't know he is in jail. There goes that theory.
    *Stomps off and throws tin foil hat in garbage*
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Imagine if the song were, They tried to make me go to rehab and I said okay, okay, okay...
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Here's a great article from the NY Times:

For Winehouse, Life Was Messier Than Music
    By JON PARELES

She was just getting started. Amy Winehouse, dead at 27, was only two albums into a career, and a life, that would be derailed by alcohol, drugs and bad choices.

Ms. Winehouse had not released an album in five years; her masterpiece, “Back to Black,” arrived in Britain in 2006 and in the United States in 2007. Its insolent, savvy but sadly prophetic single “Rehab” won Grammy Awards as Record of the Year and Song of the Year, and it might not even be the album’s best song. Under better circumstances, “Back to Black” would have been a foundation for a long and maturing catalog. Now, it remains as a warning that Ms. Winehouse could not bring herself to heed. “I tread a troubled track,” she sang in the album’s title song. “My odds are stacked.”

The police in London have said that they are investigating the circumstances of Ms. Winehouse’s death, but that “at this early stage it is being treated as unexplained.”

The years after “Back to Black” brought a very public decline. Her performances were erratic or much worse. She planned and canceled tours, went in and out of hospitals. Photos and videos showed her stumbling, bleeding and apparently taking drugs. With her boyfriend and then husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, who served jail time for attacking a pub landlord, Ms. Winehouse shared drug benders and never made it through rehab. The long, pathetic spectacle brought joy only to the jackals of the British tabloids, which sneered in big headlines at each new downturn.

But her self-destruction was a deep loss to listeners. Ms. Winehouse was no manufactured pop commodity. She was a genuine musician: one of the very small handful of British singers whose version of American soul music had a gutsiness and flair far beyond what could be studied.

Ms. Winehouse’s 2003 debut album, “Frank,” made when she was still a teenager, introduced her as a tangy-voiced, scat-singing disciple of Erykah Badu, Esther Phillips, Dinah Washington and Sarah Vaughan. The album straddled jazz and R&B, big bands and bossa nova; the production was sometimes cluttered, but it certainly wasn’t cookie-cutter pop-R&B. Like many pop newcomers, Ms. Winehouse showed off a little, swooping around melismatically when she didn’t have to. But she already had the slide and slur, the way of bending phrases down toward slight dissonance, that always made her sound so nonchalantly willful.

While Ms. Winehouse had many songwriting collaborators on “Frank,” her lyrics already showed her acerbic, unsparing eye on both the people she observed and herself. “I Heard Love Is Blind,” written on her own, has a chord progression like a Tin Pan Alley ballad, with lyrics that describe a tryst with someone who looked like her boyfriend, trying to explain how it wasn’t really infidelity: “You left me here alone, I drank so much and needed to touch/Don’t overreact, I pretended he was you/You wouldn’t want me to be lonely.”

That friction between retro music and bluntly contemporary lyrics — to the point of raunch — was perfected on “Back to Black.” On that album, Ms. Winehouse worked with a disc jockey-turned producer, Mark Ronson, who could recreate the anatomy of vintage soul and R&B down to the studio room tone. (The surprise of hearing cusswords in a classic soul setting was still a fertile enough strategy, years later, to get Cee Lo Green nominated for Record and Song of the Year at the 2011 Grammy Awards for what was called “The Song Otherwise Known as ‘Forget You’.”) In songs she wrote largely on her own, Ms. Winehouse sang about her misery after a breakup, and about temptations she could not fight off: alcohol, drugs, sex and addict boyfriends. But with girl-group harmonies around her, and arrangements harking back to Motown, Stax and ska, she sounded shrewd and knowing, a woman who recognized all her own weaknesses and could see beyond them. Her beehive hairdos and out-to-there eyelashes only made her appear more amused, more in control, at least at the beginning.

In her music, Ms. Winehouse could sketch out her troubles and laugh them off, with a resilient beat and that insouciant flutter in her voice. Outside the recording studio, as a human being separate from her art, Ms. Winehouse couldn’t do that. Her songs, it turned out, would be wiser than she was.

Source
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

KD
    Elite Member

Don't know why, but even though I haven't heard her sing, except for Beat It-with Charlotte Church-and AW was terrible, I am still terribly sad at her passing. RIP, Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Rehab is the only song I really liked of hers. She looked good in this vid.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmZp8pR1uc&ob=av2n[/youtube]
    A really good song and she did look good.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    One of my favorite live performances of all time: Amy at the Mercury Awards in 2007. Brilliant.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbzUGoT-0TI[/YOUTUBE]
    Very nice-has some haunting tones of Billie Holliday to me even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I think it has more to do with complications from her ED than drugs... her heart was probably all fucked up.
    Very astute observation/comment. I think people who have not had a severe ED do not realize the terrible toll it can take-especially on the heart. Permanent damage is a real possiblity-making any other abuse that much riskier.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Sadly oftentimes the recovery from drugs or an ED can be pretty dangerous, when the body is starting to bounce back to health after being ill for so long it can be a shock. Ex. Karen Carpenter.
    yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Amy was an endearing fuck up. Lindsay? I'd hand her a full syringe and point her to the bathroom.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I care about the plight of the Eastern Mozambique Gay Trucker's Association.
    Ok..someone finally made me laugh in this thread. I will send the EMGTA a five dollar check...
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    God why do these fantards just come out of the woodwork in the most random threads?

eta: Sorry for harping on the ED thing but chronic malnourishment leads to seizures, too.. not that the drugs and the ED are easily separable.. I'm sure they fed into one another. The fact that a neighbor heard screaming just kills me... that's a terrible way to go. But it was going to happen...
    yeah...I do not know what killed her, but if she had any serious damage from the ED to her heart(or any damage at all really when you are abusing other heavy shit), then it could have made the difference.

She was talented and not a total waste of space and air or actual threat to the public like LaCucaHohan or that POS Doherty. Her death is sad, but not a total surprise. I realize she was not perfect, but she had some real talent and a great voice and unique style. And she was mostly harmless to others...except for her poor parents and those who cared about her. That is the saddest part-those left to grieve.

Too bad it was not one of the two above named POS though.

*hearing of this death was nothing like hearing about someone like Jackoped though. Not a 'Oh Thank GOD!' or anything. Just sad and not too surprising.

Elite Member

Amy's father is also a singer. I found some clips of him performing on YouTube. Good enough voice.

Is it just me who thinks Amy had an uncanny resemblance to her mother?

Amy standing between her mother and father. Blonde woman is Mitch's new wife, Jane. The other woman is Amy's aunt, I'm guessing Mitch's sister.

Last edited by PrettyGirl; July 24th, 2011 at 01:52 AM.

Those pictures made me sad. It's easy for some to toss her aside as some worthless junkie. But she clearly had issues, and had people she loved that loved her. I am so sad for them.

Elite Member

She definitely had a family who loved her. Here she is as a baby being held by her mother. Her father Mitch is at Amy's right standing next to her.

This was taken last year in 2010. Amy with her father, boyfriend Reg Traviss and stepmother Jane. Her mother Janis is in the background smiling.

With her dad.

Family photo. Amy with parents, brother, aunt (leaning her head against Mitch) and step-mother Jane (blonde woman behind Janis).

Her dad wanted so sadly to save her. It's painfully clear in these photos. My heart goes out to her family.

Thread Information