Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Amy Schumer secretly marries chef boyfriend

I'm betting it's a family name. I know she is very close with Dave Attell and I love that she named the kid after him. Congrats to them.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Yes genital fissure is a great name.
    fgg and Labelwhore like this.

fgg

Amy Schumer changes son’s name, thought it sounded like ‘genital’

Amy Schumer has been forced to change her infant son’s name as she thought it sounded like “genital,” she revealed.

The 38-year-old comic gave birth to son Gene on May 5 last year. Schumer and her husband, Chris Fischer, 40, gave him the middle name Attell in honor of fellow comic and close friend Dave Attell.

However, speaking on her podcast “3 Girls, 1 Keith,” Schumer told her co-hosts Rachel Feinstein, Bridget Everett and Keith Robinson: “Do you guys know that Gene, our baby’s name, is officially changed? It’s now Gene David Fischer. It was Gene Attell Fischer, but we realized that we, by accident, named our son ‘Genital.'”

Podcast guest Aussie actress Claudia O’Doherty — who appeared in Schumer’s first movie, “Trainwreck” — admitted: “My mum pointed that out to me, ‘Amy’s called her son “Genital,” and she was right!'”

Schumer said she and her husband talked to Attell — who played her homeless BFF Noah in “Trainwreck” — about the decision to drop the middle name.

She went on to say that her son is now named after both her friend and her father, Gordon Schumer, whose middle name is David, adding: “So, two stones.”

Baby Gene’s first name may be inspired by the late, great comedian Gene Wilder. When the comedian passed away in 2016, Amy — who found out via Chris Rock’s Instagram — appeared stunned by the news, writing: “Big death. Heavy moment.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/04/14/amy-s...-like-genital/
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Parents definitely need to be mindful of this! And what their kids initials might spell. I once met a man named Richard Head. How cruel were his parents??
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

that's hilarious.

I know of a scottish woman named iona gunn, so yeah, parents, think.
    tulip likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Good for them. Shoulda changed that first name too while they were at it.
    fgg likes this.

Happens. My BIL's initials were BH. Sounds ok but in Norwegian it means bra. Nobody thought anything of it until the kid started coming home in floods of tears with all the teasing he got in school. My MIL added her maiden name to his last name to make it BKH

I had a teacher named Richard Burns. Think about it.

University of Maryland at College Park had a coach named "Dick Working". It was even on the trophies he'd won that were on display in Cole Field House.

But the prizewinner, in my opinion, was the family friend of my mom and grandmother - his name was "Harry Dickensheets". My brother and I heard this name for year and years before we finally decided to clue my mom on its double meaning.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Parents definitely need to be mindful of this! And what their kids initials might spell. I once met a man named Richard Head. How cruel were his parents??
    Oh wow that’s weird.—I knew and worked with a man named Richard Head, and he actually went by “Dick”. I’ll never forget the first time i heard of him at my new job, in a meeting in a conference room my coworkers mentioning “We need to get Dick Head in on this conference call.” I quietly chuckled, thinking they were referring to a coworker as a “dickhead”.
    tulip, sprynkles, LaFolie and 3 others like this.

Used to be a real estate guy in my town named Les Manley.
    sputnik and Beeyotch like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Elite Member

This story completely cracked me up. My original name was going to be Amy. My initials would have been ASS.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My youngest cousin nearly ended up with the initials KGB (K-first name, G- grandparents surname, B-parents surname). Unfortunately Ma Kitty pointed it out and they changed the spelling of his first name to begin with a C instead.
    sprynkles and crayzeehappee like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Guy I grew up with was "Dick Burns". Nice guy though, dated him for a while.

They're going to have some cooking show now? Watching HGTV and it's being advertised.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information